Windows 10: Problems adding WiFi Direct to a SQL Server Windows app (WIN32 interface)

Discus and support Problems adding WiFi Direct to a SQL Server Windows app (WIN32 interface) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I already asked this question a few minutes ago but can find no reference to it. I'll ask again and see if it stays visible. I am having all sorts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EdTodd, Apr 5, 2019.

1. EdTodd Win User

Problems adding WiFi Direct to a SQL Server Windows app (WIN32 interface)

I already asked this question a few minutes ago but can find no reference to it. I'll ask again and see if it stays visible.

I am having all sorts of problems with WPF. I am working with WiFiDirect from the samples and trying to modify for my own use. Since the CPP and JS samples do not execute (crash on connection, not very encouraging), I am working with CS. I am trying to connect to another Windows app (not WPF) and having all sorts of problems. I tried to communicate with Windows messages (WM_USER+1) but not a sign of life. I was using broadcast handle 0xffff but nothing seen.

So I tried pipes and appear to be in even more trouble. The system tells me it can’t find System.IO.Pipes, so I used NUGET to install it. It compiles, great! Then it crashes on the first call.

Here is the NUGET installation:

PM> Install-Package System.IO.Pipes -Version 4.3.0

Restoring packages for H:\github\Windows-universal-samples-master\Samples\WiFiDirect\cs\WiFiDirect.csproj...

GET https://api.nuget.org/v3-flatcontainer/system.io.pipes/index.json

OK https://api.nuget.org/v3-flatcontainer/system.io.pipes/index.json 166ms

GET https://api.nuget.org/v3-flatcontainer/system.io.pipes/4.3.0/system.io.pipes.4.3.0.nupkg

OK https://api.nuget.org/v3-flatcontainer/system.io.pipes/4.3.0/system.io.pipes.4.3.0.nupkg 15ms

Installing System.IO.Pipes 4.3.0.

Committing restore...

Writing lock file to disk. Path: H:\github\Windows-universal-samples-master\Samples\WiFiDirect\cs\obj\project.assets.json

Restore completed in 1.38 sec for H:\github\Windows-universal-samples-master\Samples\WiFiDirect\cs\WiFiDirect.csproj.

Successfully installed 'System.IO.Pipes 4.3.0' to WiFiDirect

Executing nuget actions took 3.79 sec

Time Elapsed: 00:00:05.4401653

Here is the error message I get on execution:

Message "Could not load file or assembly 'System.IO.Pipes, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'. The system cannot find the file specified." String

All I am trying to do is find a sample WiFi direct program to add function to an existing application and it is killing me: usability factor of – infinity, to be slightly cynical.

All I am trying to do is find a working WiFi Direct sample program that I can use to add to my C Win32 application, but it is proving VERY difficult.

The categories I have to choose from are ridiculous. I am writing a security application providing access control to customer assets. Not that that matters, all I am looking for is working WiFi direct sample code allowing me to connect the host system to Android devices.

:)

EdTodd, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

SQL Server + C#: What’s new

Source: SQL Server + C#: Whats new | SQL Server Blog

Brink, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    SQL Server + Python — What’s new

Source: SQL Server + Python s new | SQL Server Blog

Brink, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

SQL Server + PHP – What’s new

Source: SQL Server + PHP s new | SQL Server Blog

Brink, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Problems adding WiFi Direct to a SQL Server Windows app (WIN32 interface) - Similar Threads - Problems adding WiFi

2. License for Windows Server and SQL Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    License for Windows Server and SQL Server: Hi,I have question regarding the license.Windows server running on VMBased on my knowledge, license on VM is required but how many core can I assign for the VM's.SQL server running on VMDoes SQL also required certain license running on VM's ? Or I can just go with the...
  3. Problem Installing SQL Server 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem Installing SQL Server 2019: Hello, I'm having trouble with installing SQL Server 2019 Express edition. The problems started after I got an SSD. I've copied my hard drive where I previously had SQL Server locally. I am using the latter for developing web apps with ASP.NET Core. However I wasn't able to...
  4. Problem Installing SQL Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Installing SQL Server 2019: Hello, I'm having trouble with installing SQL Server 2019 Express edition. The problems started after I got an SSD. I've copied my hard drive where I previously had SQL Server locally. I am using the latter for developing web apps with ASP.NET Core. However I wasn't able to...
  5. Problem Installing SQL Server 2019

6. SQL server

SQL server: After upgrading the OS from Win 10 to Win 11 home edition the SQL doesn't work any more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server/1c360899-de1f-4c76-ae53-cd415ef46ac1
  7. SQL server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL server: After upgrading the OS from Win 10 to Win 11 home edition the SQL doesn't work any more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server/1c360899-de1f-4c76-ae53-cd415ef46ac1
  8. Problem with Wifi Direct -...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Wifi Direct -...: Im doing the miracast using wifi direct method - to cast my mobile phone to my windows 10 pc - both devices claim they have "wifi direct" . Im following this example - https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/what-is-wifi-direct-in-windows-10-and-how-to-use-it/ -its connecting...
  9. Problem with SQL server for Elsawin installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with SQL server for Elsawin installation: Hello, I am trying to install Elsawin which automatically installs SQL 2008. The PC is a i7-2600 with 16GB and installed on a SSD. I have installed the same programme successfully on an old AMD64x2 - 6000 with 4GB Ram also running an SSD. When I try to install on the i7 PC...
  10. WiFi Direct Windows10 UWP Win32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Direct Windows10 UWP Win32: I'm trying to call WinRT library in a win32 application to implement a file transferring function with wifi direct. the function WiFiDirectDevice.FromIdAsync(connectionRequest.DeviceInformation.Id) works well in the UWP application, but it always returns null in the win32...