Windows 10: problems after a hardware upgrade

Discus and support problems after a hardware upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; so, I had just updated some hardware, and now, my windows is no longer active, i tried to activate it, and it wont let me connect to the device that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AmandaRobinson2, Jun 12, 2019.

1. problems after a hardware upgrade

so, I had just updated some hardware, and now, my windows is no longer active, i tried to activate it, and it wont let me connect to the device that the old activation key was affiliated with. to make it worse, when trying to get into my account to change info, it locked me into verification via phone and while the phone number is correct, its not calling with a code. so now not only is my windows not active but im locked out of all my accounts. please help.

:)

AmandaRobinson2, Jun 12, 2019

2. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Jun 12, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 12, 2019
  4. problems after a hardware upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade problem

Hi Bob,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As the issue still persist, I suggest you to run Memory Diagnostic tool and check for the hardware error.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Memory Diagnostic in the search area in the task bar and select Windows Memory Diagnostic.

• Select Restart now and check for problem.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

problems after a hardware upgrade

1. problems after a hardware upgrade - Similar Threads - problems hardware upgrade

2. Problems Activating Windows 10 after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems Activating Windows 10 after hardware upgrade: HiWe keep a spare licensed and activated Windows PC which we use for upgrading hardware. To make the new device compatible with windows 11 we had to install windows 10 onto a new hard disk with the previously activated windows 10 hard drive as the D: drive. So we always have...
  3. Problems Activating Windows 10 after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems Activating Windows 10 after hardware upgrade: HiWe keep a spare licensed and activated Windows PC which we use for upgrading hardware. To make the new device compatible with windows 11 we had to install windows 10 onto a new hard disk with the previously activated windows 10 hard drive as the D: drive. So we always have...
  4. Problems Activating Windows 10 after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after hardware upgrade: Hello!I keep getting a BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR everytime I play a certain game half life alyx, and sometimes new world or run the OCCT power test for about 10-20min. I suspected the new graphics card RTX 3080, because the error disappeared when I put in my old graphics...
  6. Activating after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating after hardware upgrade: I know NOW that i should have linked my license to my Microsoft account and gotten a product key. I didn't know that before I changed my motherboard, cpu and memory. My question is, if I now change back to my old hardware, will Windows be activated again and can I then do...
  7. BSOD after hardware upgrade.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after hardware upgrade.: In order of events: - Upgraded i5-6600k + msi z170a board to ryzen 3700x + asrock x570 phantom gaming 4 - Installed all drivers from new motherboard website - Started getting frequent bsod, at first "memory management" then other error codes - Ran windows memory diagnostic...
  8. MS store license problems after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS store license problems after hardware upgrade: Hi im having tons of trouble with windows after installing a new motherboard. Windows would not activate with my old key at all, so I bought a new one spent an hour last night on the phone with MS trying to activate my new product key and finally did. Problem today is I cant...
  9. MS store license problems after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    MS store license problems after hardware upgrade: Hi im having tons of trouble with windows after installing a new motherboard. Windows would not activate with my old key at all, so I bought a new one spent an hour last night on the phone with MS trying to activate my new product key and finally did. Problem today is I cant...
  10. Hardware Problems after upgrading to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware Problems after upgrading to Windows 10?: Okay, I'm not sure if these are Windows 10 problems or not, but I just upgraded maybe 10 days ago and am having 2 hardware problems. I know for sure 1 was not occurring immediately. I cannot remember 100% if #2 problem occurred immediately after upgrading or if it started...