Windows 10: problems after a hardware upgrade

Discus and support problems after a hardware upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; so, I had just updated some hardware, and now, my windows is no longer active, i tried to activate it, and it wont let me connect to the device that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AmandaRobinson2, Jun 12, 2019.

1. problems after a hardware upgrade

so, I had just updated some hardware, and now, my windows is no longer active, i tried to activate it, and it wont let me connect to the device that the old activation key was affiliated with. to make it worse, when trying to get into my account to change info, it locked me into verification via phone and while the phone number is correct, its not calling with a code. so now not only is my windows not active but im locked out of all my accounts. please help.

:)

AmandaRobinson2, Jun 12, 2019

2. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Jun 12, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 12, 2019
  4. problems after a hardware upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade problem

Hi Bob,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As the issue still persist, I suggest you to run Memory Diagnostic tool and check for the hardware error.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Memory Diagnostic in the search area in the task bar and select Windows Memory Diagnostic.

• Select Restart now and check for problem.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

problems after a hardware upgrade

1. problems after a hardware upgrade - Similar Threads - problems hardware upgrade

2. Windows Activation After Hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation After Hardware upgrade: I bought Windows 8 in 2013 and did the free Windows 10 upgrade. I no longer have access to my original Windows 8 product key. I recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and ram. when I tried to activate windows 10 it gives me an error code: 0x803F7001. My Windows 10 was linked...
  3. Windows Will Not Activate after a hardware upgrade

Windows Will Not Activate after a hardware upgrade: I recently changed my motherboard and my processor. Heck I changed everything except my hard drive and now windows will not activate. I've done all the steps suggested in activation of windows but it is not working. The original computer was a prebuilt, it had windows 7 on...
  4. Windows not activated after hardware upgrade

Windows not activated after hardware upgrade: I have recently upgraded my standard PC and custom built my own. I've used the existing CPU and HDD and built it around those components. My Operating System was stored on my HDD and I have moved it to my SSD and now it is saying that I do not have Windows activated. I have...
  5. Windows Activation after hardware upgrade

Windows Activation after hardware upgrade: We have a laptop Manufacturer: LENOVO Model: 20C600HHZA Serial Number: PF040HX3 that currently running Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.10586 that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10. We need to replace the harddrive, is it possible to activate it again on...
  6. Windows deactivated after hardware upgrade.

Windows deactivated after hardware upgrade.: I recently upgraded my CPU and Motherboard, and now my copy of Windows 10 Pro is no longer activated. I already followed the steps on here, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change. None of the steps seemed to work, as I'm...
  7. Activation after hardware upgrade

Activation after hardware upgrade: Just a quick question please, is there any way of reactivating a digital entitlement license obtained by upgrading from Win7 for free, on upgraded hardware, without having to link a MS account? Privacy issues and all that...I know phone activation worked for me with Win7 once...
  8. Activation after new hardware upgrades?

Activation after new hardware upgrades?: I have 4 systems to maintain - all had Win7 Ultimate 64bit, and all upgraded (free) to Win10 Pro successfully. Toward the end of this year, all 4 systems will have new motherboards, CPUs, memory and possibly SSDs. I understand that major hardware changes will cause a...
  9. Hardware Problems after upgrading to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware Problems after upgrading to Windows 10?: Okay, I'm not sure if these are Windows 10 problems or not, but I just upgraded maybe 10 days ago and am having 2 hardware problems. I know for sure 1 was not occurring immediately. I cannot remember 100% if #2 problem occurred immediately after upgrading or if it started...
  10. Upgrade problems related to a hardware change

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade problems related to a hardware change: I think I've figured out what my upgrade problem is caused by. I stopped get new Insider Builds and could not change some settings (grayed out). This started when I upgraded my Samsung SSD from 128GB to 256GB and then restored the Windows 10 to the 256. There seems to be...