Windows 10: Problems after a power failure

Discus and support Problems after a power failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello All, I have Windows 10 Pro on my computer. Version 1803(OS build 17134.407) OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit Processor: AMD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HughlanHoleman, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Problems after a power failure

Hello All,

I have Windows 10 Pro on my computer. Version 1803(OS build 17134.407)

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 635 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 5887 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 452 GB (308 GB Free); F: 931 GB (457 GB Free);
    Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AB1
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled, using P C Matic.

I had a power double blip sometime back and my computer would not boot. Tried

several attempts to get it going, no joy. Recovery disc, USB flash drive, nothing.

Took to shop and the tech put a flash drive with Win 10 on it and it did boot. After

this episode I restarted the computer several time with the restart button. Since this

happened I have had two more power outages and it would not boot. The next time

a friend came over with his recovery disc and it came back on. He gave me the disc

as he would make another. I made me a new recovery disc on my computer and on

the next outage, tried it and no boot. I used the one he gave me and tit worked again.

What do I try to get this machine working, "booting up after a power outage"

I tried to reset saving files. Button/window did nothing.

Any suggestions appreciated.

:)

HughlanHoleman, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

driver power state failure help!

Hi,

It is possible that the error Driver Power State Failure you received is can be caused by
    the driver itself or power settings.
    To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by S M Mahmudul Hasan
    on this thread on how to troubleshoot Driver Power State
    Failure.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Problems after a power failure

PranavMishra5582, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Problems after a power failure

1. Problems after a power failure - Similar Threads - Problems power failure

2. Driver Power State Failure & External Power Failure BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Power State Failure & External Power Failure BSODs: Here are the dump files I received for these BSODs: MinidumpIt seems the driver power state failure occurred due to hidusb.sys. At the time of the BSOD, I had my wired keyboard plugged in and was using the wired cable of my mouse rather than the wireless USB dongle. I also...
  3. DESKTOP DISPLAY LOST AFTER POWER FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DESKTOP DISPLAY LOST AFTER POWER FAILURE: I started up my computer after a power failure. The desktop display screen is completely different. I think it might be the default blue screen with Windows logo.I personalized screen had a family photo and several shortcut desktop icons to excels/word document files. they...
  4. DESKTOP DISPLAY LOST AFTER POWER FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DESKTOP DISPLAY LOST AFTER POWER FAILURE: I started up my computer after a power failure. The desktop display screen is completely different. I think it might be the default blue screen with Windows logo.I personalized screen had a family photo and several shortcut desktop icons to excels/word document files. they...
  5. DESKTOP DISPLAY LOST AFTER POWER FAILURE

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. BSOD with 0x9F; DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with 0x9F; DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE problem: I'I'm having a BSOD issue upon sleep with bugcheck code 0x9F DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE I've updated all intel drivers and GFX drivers with no effect, can someone tell me what is going wrong here? Minidump files can be found here:...
  7. Auto start after power failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto start after power failure: I have been trying to determine if my version of Windows (1809) will do an auto-start after a power failure. Most of the info I find tells me to access the UEFI settings, but for some reason I am unable to do that through the processes outlined. There's simply no option to...
  8. Reset failure because of power failure.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset failure because of power failure.: About half way though resetting my HP laptop we had a power failure. The reset failed and the PC is stuck in a loop rebooting. Is there anyway to fix this?...
  9. How to check for issues after a power failure?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to check for issues after a power failure?: This morning, the electricity went out for a second, and my computer shut down, then started back up when the power came back on. How can I be 100% sure that no important Windows files (or the registry or master file table) were corrupted? I'm a bit paranoid because my old...
  10. Windows 10 will not start after power failure

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not start after power failure: Been running Windows 10 Upgrade for about 1 week now. Everything was working great until a power failure this afternoon. Turned PC back on and got this message " Computer did not shut down correctly" then this message "Preparing automatic repair" then " Diagnosing your PC"...