Windows 10: Problems after changing TEMP folder's location

Discus and support Problems after changing TEMP folder's location in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. I'm asking here because I have a problem with my windows installation. To avoid damaging my SSD by too much writing, I tried to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vsilaire, Jun 1, 2020.

1. vsilaire Win User

Problems after changing TEMP folder's location

Hi.

I'm asking here because I have a problem with my windows installation. To avoid damaging my SSD by too much writing, I tried to change the location of the TEMP folder for the user and for windows itself.

I already did this on another computer and everything went perfect.

But now, on this computer, everything is happening wrong. Some programs don't work, and a great part of installations fail. Especially the Discord installation, which tells that Squirell is doing it bad.

I guess this is only a problem of wrong defined path, and I would like to know if there is a way to fix it, without having to reinstall Windows.

Thank you very much!

:)

vsilaire, Jun 1, 2020
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Can't change capture location from Temp folder

thanks you for replying, and yes I mean screenshot folder. The name of screenshot folder is 'Temp' folder, which in my opinion it is a system folder that cannot be changed (C:\Users\W10\AppData\Local\Temp). And I've
    try your suggestion but I don't see Locations tab. Here only available General, Sharing, Security, Prev version and Customize. Do you know other ways to change the location of screenshots?

Problems after changing TEMP folder's location 33f432a4-46c6-44a9-a9e3-fa91254b66e5?upload=true.jpg

Andre Juga Xaters, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Problems after changing TEMP folder's location

Can't change capture location from Temp folder

After I adjusted my disk management, my capture location changing it's location to C:\Users\..\AppData\Local\Temp. Which is I can't move that folder. Please anyone who can solve this problem, thank you

Andre Juga Xaters, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Problems after changing TEMP folder's location

1. Problems after changing TEMP folder's location - Similar Threads - Problems changing TEMP

2. Changing folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing folder location: Can I change the location of folders that I have made up in the default videos program to a drive that I have also made from a simple volume?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-folder-location/7c53fd1a-117d-4841-92ec-e3c8272430a7
  3. Changing folder location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing folder location: Can I change the location of folders that I have made up in the default videos program to a drive that I have also made from a simple volume?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-folder-location/7c53fd1a-117d-4841-92ec-e3c8272430a7
  4. Temp folder location for standard user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temp folder location for standard user: Hi, I have two users in my PC - 'admin' and 'me'. I use 'me' for normal use, and switch to 'admin' only if I need to do something specific.I have changed all temp paths, in environment variables, for 'admin' to point to 'c:\_Temp\'. When I login as 'me', different paths,...
  5. cant change capture location from temp folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    cant change capture location from temp folder: cant change capture location from temp folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-capture-location-from-temp-folder/c0317057-0bae-4937-816c-f43f6da81534
  6. Temp files/folder problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temp files/folder problem.: There's a problem with my Mom's temp folder in %appdata%/Local/Temp. I can't print anything or save MS Paint files on her laptop. I can mitigate that problem by renaming the current temp folder or deleting it, and creating a new one. It works, but only until you turn the...
  7. Problems after modify TEMP folder

Problems after modify TEMP folder: Hi. I'm asking here because I have a problem with my windows installation. To avoid damaging my SSD by too much writing, I tried to change the location of the TEMP folder for the user and for windows itself. I already did this on another computer and everything went...
  8. location of temp folder

location of temp folder: I keep being notified by just about everything that my "temp" folder has gone walkabout. Where does it belong? Sam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-of-temp-folder/9ca1783e-6abd-4fc1-9ab9-48822fdd507c
  9. Can't change capture location from Temp folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change capture location from Temp folder: After I adjusted my disk management, my capture location changing it's location to C:\Users\..\AppData\Local\Temp. Which is I can't move that folder. Please anyone who can solve this problem, thank you...
  10. moving temp folder location

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    moving temp folder location: I moved my system and user temp folder locations in the belief it would save so many writes to my SSD, not sure if it was a good idea or not.. now have an error popup which mentions not being able to find the temp folder.....this could be because the partition i moved the...