Windows 10: Problems after convert MBR to GPT

Discus and support Problems after convert MBR to GPT in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was having issues with BSOD while playing games and was recommend to either reset or fresh install. I have a M.2 WD black as my system disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lovs2build, May 4, 2021 at 1:47 PM.

1. Problems after convert MBR to GPT

I was having issues with BSOD while playing games and was recommend to either reset or fresh install. I have a M.2 WD black as my system disk partitioned with one other partition. I have a 500 gig WD blue 2 partitions one for backup\programs and other as downloads and another 250 gig WD SSD green 1 partition used for games. I wanted to use UEFI with GPT has I heard it was better setup. Before I installed win10 I booted to install screen and then used shift+f10 to open command prompt, then used diskpart to convert my M.2 from MBR to GPT then deleted the 2 partitions on system disk and created 2 new partitions, then installed win10. After system booted first time I noticed I had lots of other drive letters and when I went to drive properties and tried to populate volumes I noticed things were really screwed up. Using the disk manger my wd green ssd shows 3 partitions and in explorer one of the drive letters shows one of the games I had on my m.2 d:\ My wd blue seems to be fine showing bother partitions and files that were on them. Anyway someone could tell me what went wrong?

:)

2. Smittychat., May 4, 2021 at 1:55 PM
  3. Cannot convert GPT to MBR.

Hi Michael,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

This method you have to backup all your data and delete all partitions and volumes. Then use the
    DISKPART command.

• Open command prompt and type in DISKPART and press Enter
    • Then type in list disk (Note down the number of disk you want to convert to GPT)
    • Then type in select disk number of disk
    • Finally type in convert gpt.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Anup Karkal, May 4, 2021 at 1:55 PM
  4. Problems after convert MBR to GPT

Smittychat., May 4, 2021 at 1:55 PM
Thema:

Problems after convert MBR to GPT

1. Problems after convert MBR to GPT - Similar Threads - Problems convert MBR

2. Converting a hard drive from GPT to MBR.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Converting a hard drive from GPT to MBR.: I want to convert my GPT hard drive to mbr. I'm using a bootable USB ISO. Just one OS (Windows 10 - 20H2). I have followed these instructions and they seem to have worked (when I reopen the command prompt the mark under gpt disappears). Problem is once Windows install and I...
  3. MBR to GPT problem

MBR to GPT problem: While picking a partition for dual boot windows says it cannot be installed on mbr drive. Now i used diskpart to split the partition then nothing happened, it says it cannot process because the memory was low. How can i fix it....
  4. Convert MBR to GPT Without Data Losing..

Convert MBR to GPT Without Data Losing..: Can I Convert MBR to GPT Without Losing My Data??? Please Help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-mbr-to-gpt-without-data-losing/f740bfcf-b5ed-4deb-b813-3787e025f048
  5. How to convert an MBR disk into a GPT disk

How to convert an MBR disk into a GPT disk: why does windows 10 32 bit(x86) clean install as mbr when i pre-format the hard drive as gpt? is there a solution or is that the default and only option for installation? i've contacted asus who makes my motherboard to check for uefi details and everything i can think of...
  6. convert MBR to GPT disk

convert MBR to GPT disk: DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- --- Disk 0 Online 465 GB 0 B Disk 1 Online 7633 MB 0 B DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size...
  7. Convert 1.5TB disk from MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Convert 1.5TB disk from MBR to GPT: I want to convert a 1.5TB MBR disk to a GPT disk. My other two disks are GPT so I'd like them all to be. No special reason, just because. When I tried mbr2gpt /validate /disk:2 I get ERROR: MBR2GPT can only be used from the Windows Preinstallation Environment. Use...
  8. Converting Windows 10 MBR Disk to GPT

Converting Windows 10 MBR Disk to GPT: I have two internal disks and one external on my desktop. One of the internals is a GPT 1Tb disk for data and archive storage. The other is an MBR Windows 10 system disk and the external one is a 1TB USB. The system disk contains a System Reserved partition and the Windows 10...
  9. Converting MBR to GPT for EFI boot?

Converting MBR to GPT for EFI boot?: I've just recently re-installed Windows on my laptop. I had the hard drive set to a GPT format disk since my system supports and previously used UEFI boot, but this install wouldn't allow it so I just went to MBR again.. Is there a way to convert the currently MBR type...
  10. how to convert MBR to GPT?

how to convert MBR to GPT?: hi I have a problem in installing Windows 10 from usb drive. Error is "windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk has MBR partition table. on efi system windows can only installed to GPT disk" I have formatted without aware this issue. I have few...