Windows 10: Problems after forced updating to 20H2

Discus and support Problems after forced updating to 20H2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After updating to 20H2 version my system is laggy and unstable. After some time my audio gets choppy and laggy and after some while longer or shorter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PawełKasztura, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Problems after forced updating to 20H2

After updating to 20H2 version my system is laggy and unstable. After some time my audio gets choppy and laggy and after some while longer or shorter it eventually gets to normal working. The most important thing is that it's more like a system problem because at the time audio is freezing etc. the mouse cursor also gets laggy, but in Task Manager there are no raises in CPU usage etc. All drivers are up to date. Thanks in advance.

:)

PawełKasztura, Apr 27, 2021

2. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Apr 27, 2021
  3. fra.carol Win User
    Urgent W10 20H2 update

Hi, I have a serious issue with my PC which I hoped to solve by updating to 20H2 (since it's kind of a bigger update and not just a patch update) before proceeding with more invasive and complicated methods; updating is also proposed as a solution in many
    microsoft community threads.

Unfortunately, since I hadn't immediately realized 20H2 was rolling out, I went and downloaded the update assistant on the exact day the thunderbolt nvme ssd issue was found.

Since the solution is said to be available in late november, I wonder if there is any way to force the update to 20H2 now without getting stopped by the incompatibily notice that the update assistant tells me when I try to upgrade, since I own absolutely
    no thunderbolt nvme ssds and I should really fix the problem my PC has.

My machine is a Dell G5 5590, which was validated by dell to be ready for 20H2 (probably before the thunderbolt issue was found).

I really hope someone will help me.

Best wishes

fra.carol, Apr 27, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Problems after forced updating to 20H2

Update History is not showing v.20H2

Hi Dominic

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

This is normal behavior in Windows 10, typically when you install a Feature Update like 20h2, the update history is wiped, this is to prevent the user from trying to uninstall an update that was prior to the Feature Update, which would de-stabilize Windows
    10, the list should start building again, when some updates are applied to version 20h2 . . .

DaveM121, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

Problems after forced updating to 20H2

1. Problems after forced updating to 20H2 - Similar Threads - Problems forced updating

2. Charging problem after 20H2 update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Charging problem after 20H2 update?: So recently I installed the 20H2 Update and I noticed that I started to stop charging as in my battery will stay on the same number, but somehow it reached down to 31 now and I knew that's when I knew its not charging. I changed my battery settings from better performance to...
  3. Taskbar problems after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar problems after 20H2 update: After I installed the update 20H2 on my machine, I've been experiencing some issues with my taskbar.First, the search on the start menu no longer works, as well as on the search box.I was typing on the GIF above.Second, the new News and Interests panel doesn't show up upon...
  4. Problems after updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems after updating to 20H2: Hi all, I've been having many issues with my Windows account after updating to 20H2. Right after installing the update I noticed that Chrome was considerably slower (took a couple of seconds just to load the home screen), so I reversed the update to the last one. However,...
  5. Problems with the update of 20H2

Problems with the update of 20H2: I can't install Bitdefender because of a Windows problem. Is there any way to roll back to a version of Windows 10 before the update of 20H2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-the-update-of-20h2/d02c12be-93cb-41ee-afb0-5577b7b7da8b
  6. Print problems after Windows 20H2 update

Print problems after Windows 20H2 update: I have a HP laserjet P1102w wireless printer which was printing fine before the update but now I cannot print at all even to PDF. I have a HP laserjet P1102w printer which worked fine wirelessly or with cable before the update yesterday but now I cannot print at all even to...
  7. Problems after installing 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after installing 20H2: just installed 20H2 with an in-place upgrade plus the latest updates on 2 HP laptops (different models). I have had no problems with the 15bs234wm, but I have two on the 15da0053wm. It has a 1 TB WD PCIe/NVMe which I installed just after completing the upgrade/updates, which...
  8. Problems after update to 20H2

Problems after update to 20H2: Hi all! Ever since I updated my Windows 10 to 20H2 version, I experience two problems that bug me quite a lot: every time the computer is restarted or turned on, I need to sign in to Skype every time after turning the computer on, all my network drives ask to put in...
  9. Permanent problem after Windows 20H2 update

Permanent problem after Windows 20H2 update: So let me start from the beginning: I updated my PC (Windows 10 2004 before update, Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super) to 20H2 and after that my problems started: if i restart my computer icons won't load and some of the startup programs won't start. Sometimes it freezes...
  10. Forced updates problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Forced updates problem: Ok so I have Windows 10 on my Toshiba Satellite and I am constantly having an issue with my computer not being available when I need it. Usually I don't complain but this recent event was especially bad. I'm on vacation using my phone wifi to pass the time on my laptop. I set...