Windows 10: Problems after HDD Clone

Discus and support Problems after HDD Clone in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cloned my HDD, and Windows, my files, and my programs all copied fine. However I am having the following problems: -Audio Service refuses to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GenesisDoes, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Problems after HDD Clone

I cloned my HDD, and Windows, my files, and my programs all copied fine.

However I am having the following problems:

-Audio Service refuses to run even when forced in properties (tried resetting my boot settings to default as well)

-Search Bar refuses to let me type in it

-Documents shortcut in the Start Menu hits me with "File System Error -2144926975" (Although I can access C:\Users\###\Documents through File Explorer normally)

-Windows Installer gets stuck on "Preparing to Install"

I used AOMEI on my Desktop to clone, and once I cloned the HDD I expanded the partition to fit the new drive. Everything else is fine, and my PC is even faster thanks to the RPM increase.

I wiped the old HDD and installed Ubuntu, so any transfers from that is out of the question.

Reset keeping files failed twice, and I'd prefer to not go through the hassle of digging out my Office DVD and code, reinstalling my Steam games and Discord, deauthorizing and authorizing iTunes, and transfering my files from backup onto the laptop that comes with a fresh install.

I'm assuming it's an issue with indexing or something, any help is appreciated.

God Bless

:)

GenesisDoes, Jun 9, 2019
  2. cornemuse Win User

Cloning a HDD

If, when cloning an hdd, does the cloning over-write the boot sector on the new hdd? As in 'the whole drive'.

No problem here, I just wondered, , , ,

-corne-

cornemuse, Jun 9, 2019
  3. OOLuigiOo Win User
    Failing HDD and Cloning

You seem intend on this install clean install windows when I have said windows does not run on that drive and TeraCopy doesn't even budge anymore.
    for moving files from that drive. Then there are those that have suggested imaging and 1 or 2 that talked about cloning software.

I now have 3 HDDs left...

So nothing is copying, no cloning and imaging, now what?

OOLuigiOo, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Problems after HDD Clone

Clone HDD to a SSD

I'm planing to upgrade my new laptop HDD to SSD while using my HDD as a storage media on my laptop. My laptop came with windows 10 Home OEM. If I cloned the HDD will the windows be activated after I
    cloned or will it be deactivated?? And what happend to other activated softwares like MS Office and Antivirus Softwares???

Thank you for your support.

Kasun Anuradha, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Problems after HDD Clone

1. Problems after HDD Clone - Similar Threads - Problems HDD Clone

2. Error after clone my HDD to SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error after clone my HDD to SSD?: Hi, I clone/transfer my HDD to SSD. I want to boot from SSD but I get error https://i.ibb.co/Zf1C3TQ/IMG-20210304-160641.jpg How to solve this problem? Still my HDD running fine. submitted by /u/Lacter51 [link] [comments]...
  3. Software for clone HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software for clone HDD: Windows version 1909 (build 18363 1256) Good morning I am looking for software that can clone my HDD to USB external HDD. (I see there is a lot of them) but I need one that if my laptop HDD crash, I can just put the USB external HDD in and Clone it back to the laptop HDD....
  4. Access old hdd after clone

Access old hdd after clone: Hey guys, little help here if poss I done a successful clone of my HDD to a SSD, no prob there, put in new ssd all works as it should. My problem is as its a clone, its exactly the same as the HDD now out the machine including being called a C drive. I need to access the HDD,...
  5. HDD to SSD clone.

HDD to SSD clone.: Want to transfer my whole operating system along with the data from a HDD to a SSD but don't know how to do it. Help needed. SSD not yet bought so suggestion on what company to buy from are welcome. Currently using western digital wd10spzx-60z10t0 1TB. Let me know if more...
  6. Cloning hdd ?

Cloning hdd ?: Hello I just bought a 3tb hdd and I want to move/ copy all my games from one hdd to another. So the question is is it possible to transfer just games to new hdd without re-downloading all the games. Also I plan on wiping old hdd clean for to use as another storage device on...
  7. cloning a HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cloning a HDD: I have tried the following cloning software (aomei, Marium Reflect 7; MiniTool; Easeus TODO; clonezilla. they all have one thing in common, they don't produce a bootable/recogizable drive. Any ideas on how i can resolve the replacement of my laptop HDD? Cheers/Thanks...
  8. Windows Activation problem(After clone HDD)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation problem(After clone HDD): Hi, Please can you advice how to resolve my windows activation issue. I got this issue after clone my HDD to new HDD. there says some hardware changed so can't active this windows. so can I know how to reset my pc old registered details?...
  9. Problem with boot after cloning HDD to SSD - Please Help !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with boot after cloning HDD to SSD - Please Help !: Hi, I have windows 10 on my Dell and I just cloned my HDD onto a SSD. I changed the BIOS priority with 1) SSD and 2) HDD. The boot was still very slow as if on my HDD (and not SSD). When I look at the C:/Windows/Temp it gives me today's date, which means to me that it...
  10. Clone HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone HDD to SSD: Most regulars here recommend and use Macrium Reflect Free which will work on ANY drive. 93058