Windows 10: Problems after HDD Clone

Discus and support Problems after HDD Clone in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cloned my HDD, and Windows, my files, and my programs all copied fine. However I am having the following problems: -Audio Service refuses to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GenesisDoes, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Problems after HDD Clone

I cloned my HDD, and Windows, my files, and my programs all copied fine.

However I am having the following problems:

-Audio Service refuses to run even when forced in properties (tried resetting my boot settings to default as well)

-Search Bar refuses to let me type in it

-Documents shortcut in the Start Menu hits me with "File System Error -2144926975" (Although I can access C:\Users\###\Documents through File Explorer normally)

-Windows Installer gets stuck on "Preparing to Install"

I used AOMEI on my Desktop to clone, and once I cloned the HDD I expanded the partition to fit the new drive. Everything else is fine, and my PC is even faster thanks to the RPM increase.

I wiped the old HDD and installed Ubuntu, so any transfers from that is out of the question.

Reset keeping files failed twice, and I'd prefer to not go through the hassle of digging out my Office DVD and code, reinstalling my Steam games and Discord, deauthorizing and authorizing iTunes, and transfering my files from backup onto the laptop that comes with a fresh install.

I'm assuming it's an issue with indexing or something, any help is appreciated.

God Bless

:)

GenesisDoes, Jun 9, 2019
  2. cornemuse Win User

Cloning a HDD

If, when cloning an hdd, does the cloning over-write the boot sector on the new hdd? As in 'the whole drive'.

No problem here, I just wondered, , , ,

-corne-

cornemuse, Jun 9, 2019
  3. OOLuigiOo Win User
    Failing HDD and Cloning

You seem intend on this install clean install windows when I have said windows does not run on that drive and TeraCopy doesn't even budge anymore.
    for moving files from that drive. Then there are those that have suggested imaging and 1 or 2 that talked about cloning software.

I now have 3 HDDs left...

So nothing is copying, no cloning and imaging, now what?

OOLuigiOo, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Problems after HDD Clone

Clone HDD to a SSD

I'm planing to upgrade my new laptop HDD to SSD while using my HDD as a storage media on my laptop. My laptop came with windows 10 Home OEM. If I cloned the HDD will the windows be activated after I
    cloned or will it be deactivated?? And what happend to other activated softwares like MS Office and Antivirus Softwares???

Thank you for your support.

Kasun Anuradha, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Problems after HDD Clone

1. Problems after HDD Clone - Similar Threads - Problems HDD Clone

2. Unable to boot after cloning Sata HDD to Sata SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot after cloning Sata HDD to Sata SSD: Hello, I did cloning of my original Sata 1 TB HDD to New 1 TB SSD (WD) using Macrium Software. No issues found during cloning and everything went fine. I did swap the hard disk and when I turn on the laptop I am unable to boot to windows. I did try legacy boot option and...
  3. HDD Clone To SSD Won't Boot After A Week...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD Clone To SSD Won't Boot After A Week...: I recently cloned the hard drive in my cousin's computer over to an SSD. The computer booted just fine on the first try with the SSD. I ran some updates and got rid of some startup programs she didn't need. She got it back a couple of days later and it was running fine....
  4. Problem with boot after cloning HDD to SSD - Please Help !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with boot after cloning HDD to SSD - Please Help !: Hi, I have windows 10 on my Dell and I just cloned my HDD onto a SSD. I changed the BIOS priority with 1) SSD and 2) HDD. The boot was still very slow as if on my HDD (and not SSD). When I look at the C:/Windows/Temp it gives me today's date, which means to me that it...
  5. Cloning HDD and Win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning HDD and Win 10: I believe I asked this before, but memory fails. I currently run 1Tb drives on my Core I7 system, and my new MB is capable of the 6Gb/S sata, but I wont get that with my current drives. Looking today, I see the WD Blue 6Gb/S sata drives are now down to around $45, I...
  6. Macrium....Cloning pc with SSD and HDD ????

Macrium....Cloning pc with SSD and HDD ????: I want to do a clone backup of my laptop that has an SSD for the OS and program files and an HDD for the data files I am unsure of how to do a clone backup involving the two drive configuration As seen in the capture below do I clone the two drives separately to their...
  7. Unable to Clone Windows 10 HDD

Unable to Clone Windows 10 HDD: This thread is a continuation of another thread in BSOD. This is getting stranger and stranger. I took the SSD out of my primary PC and put it in my secondary Windows7 PC and cloned the OS. I then booted from the SSD without any problems. Then I put the SSD back into...
  8. SSD not booting Windows 10 after cloning from HDD.

SSD not booting Windows 10 after cloning from HDD.: I recently purchased a Sandisk 120GB SSD to use for running my OS from. I formatted the disk as normal then ran the EaseUS todo backup to clone the data. The cloning seemed to be successful as the SSD had all the data from the HDD including Windows 10. However when I try...
  9. HDD Cloning issues

HDD Cloning issues: Hello, I have tried to "clone" a laptop, UEFI/GPT, HDD using Macrium and AOMEI Partition Assistant and it seems to work fine, but the resulting "clones" are not bootable. Am I missing something? Thanks, Jim 44246
  10. Clone HDD to SSD

Clone HDD to SSD: Most regulars here recommend and use Macrium Reflect Free which will work on ANY drive. 93058