Windows 10: Problems after inputting Hello Pin - Windows 10

Discus and support Problems after inputting Hello Pin - Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I input my Hello Pin and this appears: [ATTACH] The first line of blue suggests that I enter my Hello Pin - but I just have! I then enter my email... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Taffy087, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Problems after inputting Hello Pin - Windows 10

I input my Hello Pin and this appears:

Problems after inputting Hello Pin - Windows 10 e51d8bb8-8a7d-44f4-ae5f-d194805149ab?upload=true.png

The first line of blue suggests that I enter my Hello Pin - but I just have!

I then enter my email address and this appears:

Problems after inputting Hello Pin - Windows 10 a39623fc-ad56-484a-88e5-0431e4653daa?upload=true.png

I enter my old password and this appears:

Problems after inputting Hello Pin - Windows 10 67fe5e31-3abb-4078-bd53-87d3fcc5eeb0?upload=true.png

I enter my Hello Pin and am finally let in, after going around in circles for several frustrating minutes.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a cause and solution to the problem?

*Moved from Feedback forums*

:)

Taffy087, Feb 1, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Problems after inputting Hello Pin - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problems inputting Hello

2. Windows Hello Pin Problem with Minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Pin Problem with Minecraft: I've been trying to play Minecraft but Windows has made it a pain in the **** when it comes to logging in. I've never had a problem but here I am. Anyways, I'm trying to play Minecraft on my new laptop which is on a new Microsoft account. I have Minecraft on my old laptop...
  3. Windows Hello Pin Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Pin Problems: A friend set my PC up for me, and had already set up the Windows Hello PIN... and forgot it. So I had to disable Windows Hello PIN about 4 years ago when I couldn't get in touch with him and needed to access my PC. I don't really remember how I did it, I just remember it...
  4. Windows Hello Pin Problems

Windows Hello Pin Problems: A friend set my PC up for me, and had already set up the Windows Hello PIN... and forgot it. So I had to disable Windows Hello PIN about 4 years ago when I couldn't get in touch with him and needed to access my PC. I don't really remember how I did it, I just remember it...
  5. Windows Hello Pin Problems

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Windows Hello pin problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello pin problem: Hi. I used to be able to log in to windows using a pin I setup. Sometimes I'd have to change it because the system told me so, but it all worked fine until now.Now when I turn on my laptop it says there was something wrong with my pin and gives me an option to log in. When I...
  7. Windows Hello pin problem

Windows Hello pin problem: Hi. I used to be able to log in to windows using a pin I setup. Sometimes I'd have to change it because the system told me so, but it all worked fine until now.Now when I turn on my laptop it says there was something wrong with my pin and gives me an option to log in. When I...
  8. Windows Hello pin problem

9. Hello pin problem

Hello pin problem: Hi, I have a problem with the hello pin in my windows computer whenever I set my pin it always say ''something went wrong'' ''We weren't able to set up your PIN'' please help me thank you....
  10. Windows Hello PIN problem

Windows Hello PIN problem: My computer recently updated Windows 10 and when signing in, after my password, it wants me to create a pin. If I go to Setting> Accounts> Windows Hello PIN, Add, it opens up a Create a Pin pop up, I click NEXT, another pop up asks for my password, I put it in. Then another...