Windows 10: Problems after installing 20H2

Discus and support Problems after installing 20H2 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; just installed 20H2 with an in-place upgrade plus the latest updates on 2 HP laptops (different models). I have had no problems with the 15bs234wm, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mjw72652, Dec 16, 2020.

1. mjw72652 Win User

Problems after installing 20H2

just installed 20H2 with an in-place upgrade plus the latest updates on 2 HP laptops (different models). I have had no problems with the 15bs234wm, but I have two on the 15da0053wm. It has a 1 TB WD PCIe/NVMe which I installed just after completing the upgrade/updates, which I cloned from the existing 1 TB SATA hard drive. I disabled the Optane memory in the BIOS, then pulled the drive and the Optane to install the SSD.

I have two problems on the 15da- 1.) 5 of my 8 desktop gadgets won't display properly any more (they all still run just fine on the 15bs) and 2.) My notification area won't stay open for me to read notifications- it snaps shut as soon as I move the mouse up into it (the 15bs still works just the same as it always has. I have set my Show Notifications For to 5 minutes in Settings, but it hasn't helped.

Does anyone have any suggestions? (The problems appeared before I switched out the SATA drive for the SSD, so it's not the drive.)

:)

mjw72652, Dec 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 20h2 Problem

I clean installed 20H2 but unfortunately i don't know which version i had previously.

Currently I'm trying to install the 1803 version, since it's an old laptop.

Or should i install the ones you suggested me?

Thank you

CreepyMemes, Dec 16, 2020
  3. How to install 20H2 when WU is having problems

I would try upgrading again "manually"...meaning download the 20H2 ISO, right-click on the ISO and select Mount, double-click on setup.exe

There is a step at the beginning of the install process where you can tell the installer not to download updates at this time.

Select that.

Problems after installing 20H2 [​IMG]

Problems after installing 20H2 [​IMG]

If it fails, download and run SetupDiag -

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...rade/setupdiag

Post the results.

OldNavyGuy, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Problems after installing 20H2

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Problems after installing 20H2

1. Problems after installing 20H2 - Similar Threads - Problems installing 20H2

2. Problems installing version 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems installing version 20H2 update: Hi, I am having trouble installing version 20H2. After several attempts, each time I end up with the error message "Windows installation could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware" and then the device shuts down almost immediately. I tried to install the...
  3. Problems after updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems after updating to 20H2: Hi all, I've been having many issues with my Windows account after updating to 20H2. Right after installing the update I noticed that Chrome was considerably slower (took a couple of seconds just to load the home screen), so I reversed the update to the last one. However,...
  4. Problems after installing 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems after installing 20H2: I just installed 20H2 with an in-place upgrade plus the latest updates on 2 HP laptops different models. I have had no problems with the 15bs234wm, but I have several on the 15da0053wm. It has a 1 TB WD PCIe/NVMe which I installed just after completing the upgrade/updates,...
  5. Installed 20h2 but could not install 2004. Is this a problem?

Installed 20h2 but could not install 2004. Is this a problem?: Hello, I could never get the 2004 update to install on my machine so I just kept putting it off. 2004 would get to 100% then say it failed after restarting a few times and then roll back. I believe I had 1909 before but I can't remember. In any case, 20H2 installed without...
  6. Battery Monitor Problems After Installing 20H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Monitor Problems After Installing 20H2: I updated my laptop to Windows 10 20H2 and now the battery monitor doesn't recognize that I have a battery attached to my computer. I can pull the power cord and the computer keeps running, so I know the battery is functional, but the battery monitor in the Task Tray still...
  7. Problems after update to 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems after update to 20H2: Hi all! Ever since I updated my Windows 10 to 20H2 version, I experience two problems that bug me quite a lot: every time the computer is restarted or turned on, I need to sign in to Skype every time after turning the computer on, all my network drives ask to put in...
  8. problem installing software in version 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem installing software in version 20H2: Hi all I had to re-install from scratch on a PC and installed all the updates available including 20H2 Windows here a detail of the current install and HW: Windows 10 Family Version 20H2 Version expl.sys 19042.630 Windows Feature Experience pack 120.2212.31.0 Intel(R)...
  9. windows 10 20h2 installing problems

windows 10 20h2 installing problems: i have a problem that when i click at the update button. It shows "getting things ready". then it took hours in completing 100%. then it get downloaded fast. Then it shows installing, after that when installing completed till 6% then again "getting things ready" was...
  10. Problem Getting 20H2 Installed

Problem Getting 20H2 Installed: Today my wife brought me her HP Envy laptop as I had asked her to let me know if she got the 20H2 update as I had a hard time getting it installed on my Omen Obelisk several weeks ago. So I look and there the 20H2 update was there waiting. So I clicked on download and...