Windows 10: Problems After January 12th 2016 Update

Discus and support Problems After January 12th 2016 Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the January 12th 2016 update my laptop/Win 10 has gone hey-wire. If laptop sits idle for awhile, the Windows 'button' (and the Win key) do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RAPw10, Jan 13, 2016.

1. RAPw10 Win User

Problems After January 12th 2016 Update

Since the January 12th 2016 update my laptop/Win 10 has gone hey-wire.

If laptop sits idle for awhile, the Windows 'button' (and the Win key) do not work ... I powered off and rebooted - win key came back but during reboot got several extraneous windows.

Suspect maybe the update didn't go correctly but don't know how (or even if it's possible) to force the update to 'go' again.

:)

RAPw10, Jan 13, 2016

2. 12th January Updates

I am running windows 10 on a 2 month old toshiba laptop. Updates have loaded automatically up until Tuesday 12.1.16 last being the 5.1.16 when the download froze at 1% for the two latest updates. I have restorded the computer back to setting last saved
    at the 5.1.16 when the update loaded successfully. When re-started the 5.1.16 update downloaded but has not installed and the 12.1.16 updates x 2 are waiting to download at 7%. I have left the computer on for 12 hours and no movement. Can someone please help?

JohnChurch_318, Jan 13, 2016
  3. 12th January Updates

Answered

JohnChurch_318, Jan 13, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

You could try the Dism repair and see if that fixes it. Try uninstalling the Keyboard driver, reboot and see if that fixes things.

bro67, Jan 13, 2016
  5. RAPw10 Win User
    unistalled keybd drvr ->rebooted ... maybe changed ... paid more attn - windows (seemed to be automatic) jumped from full screen to 'restore down' (small window) then moved cursor to window and it jumped to maximum size.

RAPw10, Jan 13, 2016
  6. You should delete files in Windows/software distribution/downloads. It has worked fine for me many times in such problems.

chunnuhardy, Jan 13, 2016
  7. RAPw10 Win User
    Think found the problem ... was testing a Logitech wireless mouse ... using their Unifying software connection. It worked as soon as I removed their dongle and went back to previous mouse.

Thank everyone for their suggestions

RAPw10, Jan 13, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

I never did use that software with my mouse, because it really does not add any extra features. It works in those kinds of situations, where you may have a couple of people in a conference wanting to control a presentation.

bro67, Jan 13, 2016
  9. RAPw10 Win User
    what did you use ... can't get mine to work w/o it

RAPw10, Jan 13, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    As long as you do not install the Unifying software, the mouse should work. I have a Logitech M525 mouse and never had issues not loading the extra software. No need for it, unless you plan on the scenario I posted above.

Remove all traces of that software, plug in the mouse and it should work fine.

bro67, Jan 13, 2016
  11. semantsen Win User
    Same thing happened to me yesterday!( Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124263))
    Update broke the office and what not!! I could not connect to network. Could not diagnose the network. Quick Heal got corrupted. Firewall was closed. Finally un-installed the update. Some how connected the network. Removed Quick Heal.
    Now start menu won't open.*Sick

semantsen, Jan 13, 2016
  12. leromylis Win User
    I faced strange behavior of my laptop too. When I'm booting my laptop and Windows logo appear just for one second laptop go off. After that I'm booting again and it's OK. What can I do? Roll back from KB3124263?

leromylis, Jan 14, 2016
  13. Problems After January 12th 2016 Update

Hi.
    Not the best solution.
    Without Logitech Unifying software You you cann't upgrade firmware for a mouse or keyboard.
    By the way, they appear enough often *Wink

Senior Junior, Jan 14, 2016
  14. bro67 Win User
    That is false. The mouse and keyboard do not receive any firmware updates, nor does the software have anything to do with any type of updates. It is for allowing multiple mice to use one dongle at the same time. Same as with keyboards.

"This software will allow you to add additional compatible mice, keyboards, and number pads to your Unifying receiver."

Logitech - What is Unifying?

bro67, Jan 14, 2016
  15. It's just magic *Wink

Problems After January 12th 2016 Update [​IMG]

Problems After January 12th 2016 Update [​IMG]

Senior Junior, Jan 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Problems After January 12th 2016 Update - Similar Threads - Problems January 12th

2. After automatic latest Windows 10 update today January 12th 2014 impossible to connect to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After automatic latest Windows 10 update today January 12th 2014 impossible to connect to...: After an automatic Windows 10 update, it is impossible to connect to internet it was working before. I get network connected BUT with no internet neither through Wifi nor through wired Ethernet connection, firewall has been turned-off also, but internet connectivity problem...
  3. After automatic latest Windows 10 update today January 12th 2014 impossible to connect to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After automatic latest Windows 10 update today January 12th 2014 impossible to connect to...: After an automatic Windows 10 update, it is impossible to connect to internet it was working before. I get network connected BUT with no internet neither through Wifi nor through wired Ethernet connection, firewall has been turned-off also, but internet connectivity problem...
  4. After automatic latest Windows 10 update today January 12th 2014 impossible to connect to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Simple Questions Thread - Week of January 12th, 2019

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Simple Questions Thread - Week of January 12th, 2019: Welcome to the Simple Questions thread, for questions that don't need their own thread. We still recommend you use the search, FAQ/Wiki on the sidebar, or even a Bing search before asking. Also please post tech support related questions on /r/techsupport. Some examples of...
  6. January Windows 10 update problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    January Windows 10 update problems: I am one of the people who got BSOD after the January update, It has rendered my computer totally useless, Cannot Restore, Recover, Reset, roll back update, get into Safe Mode, or boot into any Windows whatsoever. This has destroyed my computer and I see other people...
  7. Windows Store Update of 27 January 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store Update of 27 January 2016: When I went to the Windows Store this morning there was an update to the Windows Store. After installing the update I found I could no longer open the Windows Store either from the Windows Start tile or the All Apps Menu. A friend of mine also did the update and he now can no...
  8. April 12th 2016 Security Update Release for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    April 12th 2016 Security Update Release for Windows: Today we released security updates to provide additional protections against malicious attackers. As a best practice, we encourage customers to apply security updates as soon as they are released. More information about this month’s security updates and advisories can be...
  9. Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for July 12th 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for July 12th 2016: Today we released security updates to provide additional protections against malicious attackers. As a best practice, we encourage customers to apply security updates as soon as they are released. More information about this month’s security updates and advisories can be...
  10. January 12th 2016 Security Update Release Summary

in Windows 10 News
    January 12th 2016 Security Update Release Summary: Today we released security updates to provide additional protections against malicious attackers. As a best practice, we encourage customers to apply security updates as soon as they are released. More information about this month’s security updates and advisories can be...