Windows 10: Problems after Microsoft updates

Discus and support Problems after Microsoft updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently, every time Microsoft updates my Office 365 something negative happens. Recently, I lost ALL of my Outlook 365 contacts. And not being a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RossStutts, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Problems after Microsoft updates

Recently, every time Microsoft updates my Office 365 something negative happens. Recently, I lost ALL of my Outlook 365 contacts. And not being a computer guru, I don't know how to copy them from my iPad. Today, my window to search for documents, downloads, etc. is much smaller. Before it was a whole page. Now it's just 1/4 of a page so I can't see very many document names. HELP!!

Thanks

Ross S.

:)

RossStutts, Nov 14, 2018

2. microsoft a/c singn in problem

Hi Avi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Windows Store on your device using Microsoft account. Do not worry. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Where exactly are you referring to when you say: "sign in Microsoft a/c instead"?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system files for the user account.

If you are currently logged-in with Microsoft account, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Microsoft Account
    troubleshooter

The following issues are checked by the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter program:

• Corrupt Microsoft Account settings
    • Can’t connect to the sync service
    • Problems with Microsoft account Policy
    • Microsoft Account required
    • Connection issues due to proxy or certificate issues
    • Problem with system registration
    • Signed in with a guest account, or Roaming User Profiles enabled
    • You are not connected to the Internet
    • Proxy Settings
    • You have reached your daily sync quote
    • Sync your settings is turned off
    • Check system not activated.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    as it troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.

• Click on View All on left side and select
      Windows Store Apps.

• Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    [*]

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 14, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 14, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Problems after Microsoft updates

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Problems after Microsoft updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Problems after Microsoft updates

1. Problems after Microsoft updates - Similar Threads - Problems Microsoft updates

2. Problems with Microsoft Paint application after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Microsoft Paint application after Windows updates: Hello Community,I had recently upgraded my PC from Win 10 Pro to Win 11 Pro and all applications were working fine just after the upgrade. However, after installing the Windows updates Win 11 Pro 22H2, the Microsoft Paint application has not been working as it was working...
  3. Problems with Microsoft Paint application after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Microsoft Paint application after Windows updates: Hello Community,I had recently upgraded my PC from Win 10 Pro to Win 11 Pro and all applications were working fine just after the upgrade. However, after installing the Windows updates Win 11 Pro 22H2, the Microsoft Paint application has not been working as it was working...
  4. Microsoft Wireless Adapter problem after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Adapter problem after update: Hi,In our company, we have several Microsoft Wireless Adapters, both Full HD and 4K versions. After the last update, we have encountered an issue where, after approximately 20 minutes, the MWA switches to a mode where instead of the DEVICE NAME, it displays "Ready to...
  5. Microsoft Wireless Adapter problem after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Adapter problem after update: Hi,In our company, we have several Microsoft Wireless Adapters, both Full HD and 4K versions. After the last update, we have encountered an issue where, after approximately 20 minutes, the MWA switches to a mode where instead of the DEVICE NAME, it displays "Ready to...
  6. Microsoft Wireless Adapter problem after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Update problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Update problem: 2020-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4556799 caused my computer to ask for the pin via a console window instead of the regular graphical interface. Can this be prevented. It is very, very strange to me....
  8. Microsoft update PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft update PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: I am EXTREMELY upset and frustrated! After doing my last Microsoft update on my NEW computer I am having problems with a black screen. When my screen saver times out from lack of use I log back on and normally the google page of what I was looking at is there but now it's a...
  9. Is there a problem with Microsoft Updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a problem with Microsoft Updates?: I have 4 computers, all run independently from each other and do not share files. In the last 3 days, each of the computers have automatically updated even though I have the strictest privacy settings available in Windows 10 AND turned off all updates in settings. The reason...
  10. FPS drop and small problems after Microsoft Update

in Windows 10 Support
    FPS drop and small problems after Microsoft Update: Hi, guys! So I have been scouring the web for answers and I can't seem to find any solution. My problem: After the Windows update my frames have been crap...on OW I was able to run on medium at a steady 40 FPS and now they are down to 30 on the lowest settings...I mean...