Windows 10: Problems after modify TEMP folder

Discus and support Problems after modify TEMP folder in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. I'm asking here because I have a problem with my windows installation. To avoid damaging my SSD by too much writing, I tried to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vsilaire, Jun 1, 2020.

1. vsilaire Win User

Problems after modify TEMP folder

Hi.

I'm asking here because I have a problem with my windows installation. To avoid damaging my SSD by too much writing, I tried to change the location of the TEMP folder for the user and for windows itself.

I already did this on another computer and everything went perfect.

But now, on this computer, everything is happening wrong. Some programs don't work, and a great part of installations fail. Especially the Discord installation, which tells that Squirell is doing it bad.

I guess this is only a problem of wrong defined path, and I would like to know if there is a way to fix it, without having to reinstall Windows.

Thank you very much!

:)

vsilaire, Jun 1, 2020
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Jun 1, 2020
  3. OneDrive Temp Folder

Hi,

Thank you contacting Microsoft Community.

• What is the size of both OneDrive and OneDrive Temp folder?
    • Is all files syncing to OneDrive Temp folder or any specific files/folders?
    Get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Sudheendra S, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Problems after modify TEMP folder

OneDrive Temp Folder

I thought I had this fixed. I moved my local OneDrive to another location then deleted both the old OneDrive and the OneDrive Temp. The new local OneDrive began syncing late last night. This morning when I checked,
    the OneDrive Temp is back and is syncing.

G:\Storage\OneDrive (new location) (modified 9/1/2015) (currently 11.7 of 255GB) and growing.

G:\OneDrive Temp (modified 9/2/2015) (currently 6.62 of 255GB) Within this folder is another folder S-1-5-21-3459682553-3355248039-92494815-1000. Inside that folder are about 100+ files and growing with very, very long file names that begin with 9F2BB41D38884688!101
    followed by two similar groups of characters then a final odd group that ends in .temp.

Still need to stop syncing and remove the Temp folder. The temp is doubling the used disk space.

BillMcAninch, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Problems after modify TEMP folder

1. Problems after modify TEMP folder - Similar Threads - Problems modify TEMP

2. Temp Folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temp Folder: Is the temp folder self maintaining? If not, what's the best way of maintaining the temp folder without using third party software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder/458901a9-3c14-4ea7-822c-b28637611e33
  3. Temp files/folder problem.

Temp files/folder problem.: There's a problem with my Mom's temp folder in %appdata%/Local/Temp. I can't print anything or save MS Paint files on her laptop. I can mitigate that problem by renaming the current temp folder or deleting it, and creating a new one. It works, but only until you turn the...
  4. Problems after changing TEMP folder's location

Problems after changing TEMP folder's location: Hi. I'm asking here because I have a problem with my windows installation. To avoid damaging my SSD by too much writing, I tried to change the location of the TEMP folder for the user and for windows itself. I already did this on another computer and everything went...
  5. Temp Folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Temp Folder: I am logged in as administrator but in Users there is only a TEMP folder. All of my data is saved in that Temp folder. Where can I find my administrator folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder/fc67fab3-5b30-42c3-a957-2f3c7543c949
  6. %temp% folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    %temp% folder: Can anyone help me? I'm having trouble with the %temp%, whenever I open temp folder through Win+r then typing %temp% it does not direct me to the temp folder. It open a file, and my computer always ask How do you want to open this file? Please help me to fix this problem. All...
  7. Modify folder ..?

in Windows 10 Support
    Modify folder ..?: Hi All Is there a way to get rid of folder infos ..? [img] Thanks 139798
  8. Temp folder %temp %

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp folder %temp %: Hello I recently installed 2 updates from NVIDEA. I have run disc clean up and Ccleaner>Windows but this attachment says it all. I could use 'Unlocker' but do not want to do damage if the file should not be removed. Do you have any suggestions? TY Peter 43679
  9. Lot of folders in Temp folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Lot of folders in Temp folder: Hello, Making some search, found lot of folders here: "C:\users\me\appdat\local\temp..", they use about 7.3 GB. Most of them contain almost same files inside. Attached here screenshot part of the main list of folders, and one of the inside files. How about deleting them to...
  10. Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder: I come from windows 7 and i have not problem to copy delete etc. files on programs. Now every time i search to change file o delete or copy a windows appear ask me a permission... There is a way to disable this warning or ahve full acces to programs ? Thank Hispa 11933