Windows 10: Problems After Moving windows Roaming folder to a new drive and now can't seem to put it back.

Discus and support Problems After Moving windows Roaming folder to a new drive and now can't seem to put it back. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello.I wanted to save space on my smaller solid state C drive by moving the roaming folder to a newer larger hard drive using the following method.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelBecks, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Problems After Moving windows Roaming folder to a new drive and now can't seem to put it back.

Hello.I wanted to save space on my smaller solid state C drive by moving the roaming folder to a newer larger hard drive using the following method. Right click the roaming folder > properties > location > move. It only occurred to me after moving that I should probably run many of these files from the solid state drive. Furthermore some of my games seem to have broken as a result of the move, stating errors like "incorrect file header. . ." I noticed there is still a roaming folder in the C drive containing LocalLow and Local. So I tried to move the folder back to the roaming folder

:)

MichaelBecks, Mar 28, 2022
  2. UGLake Win User

"Don´t roam" does not work

I recently had the same problem using T-Mobile and a Lumia 710 here in the U.S. Moving to a small town with no t-mobile data connection, I checked my phone and it was correctly set to Settings->cellular->Data roaming options: "don't roam". And yet I soon
    recieved a message from T-mobile stating that I had used 80 percent of my free roaming. I called T-mobile and they did not seem to have a solution to this problem. Their only suggestion was to turn off Data (Settings->cellular->DataConnection: Off). This logically
    makes the data roaming options redundant. My guess is that this is a new bug in the latest update to Windows Phone.

UGLake, Mar 28, 2022
  3. Roaming folder's setting not loaded comepletely?

I assume you are talking about this folder:

c:\Users\Jianwei\AppData\Roaming

If so then these steps should fix the problem:

1. Mark the code line below, then press Ctrl+C to copy it.
    2. Click the Start globe.
    3. Press Ctrl+V to paste the code line.
    4. Press Enter.

cmd.exe /c attrib -h -r /s /d "%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming" & pause

Frederik Long, Mar 28, 2022
  4. scopio Win User

Problems After Moving windows Roaming folder to a new drive and now can't seem to put it back.

Moving Public Folder to another drive

I have been asked to install an HDD in a church pc which only has a 224GB SanDisk SSD which is running out of space.
    The problem I can foresee is that the church uses an application called SongPro which insists to install in the C:\Users\Programs File (x86) and the data files in the
    C:\Users\Public\SongPro5 folder and does not give the option to be installed software
    on another drive.
    I have searched the web if and how the Public folder can be moved to another drive and found that it can be done using the following steps;

1. COPY (don’t MOVE) the C:\USERS\PUBLIC folder to a different disk or partition
    2. Click the START button and type REGEDIT (not case sensitive) and press enter
    3. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > MICROSOFT > WINDOWS NT > CURRENT VERSION > PROFILE LIST
    4. Double click on PUBLIC
    5. Correct the path
    6. Reboot the PC
    7. Go to C:\USERS\PUBLIC and delete everything
    Can someone here please confirm if the SongPro software is installed in C:\Users\Programs File (x86) (the SSD) and the path Public\SongPro5 folder moved to another folder will work?

Problems After Moving windows Roaming folder to a new drive and now can't seem to put it back. [​IMG]

Problems After Moving windows Roaming folder to a new drive and now can't seem to put it back. [​IMG]

scopio, Mar 28, 2022
Thema:

Problems After Moving windows Roaming folder to a new drive and now can't seem to put it back.

1. Problems After Moving windows Roaming folder to a new drive and now can't seem to put it back. - Similar Threads - Problems Moving Roaming

2. I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back.: I was looking for ways to free up some space on my C drive cause its quite small and read I could move my appdata folders to another drive. I only moved the roaming folder and not the local and locallow folder before realizing it was a bad move. Now all the files from my...
  3. I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back.: I was looking for ways to free up some space on my C drive cause its quite small and read I could move my appdata folders to another drive. I only moved the roaming folder and not the local and locallow folder before realizing it was a bad move. Now all the files from my...
  4. I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Problems After Moving windows Roaming folder to a new drive and now can't seem to put it back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems After Moving windows Roaming folder to a new drive and now can't seem to put it back.: Hello.I wanted to save space on my smaller solid state C drive by moving the roaming folder to a newer larger hard drive using the following method. Right click the roaming folder > properties > location > move. It only occurred to me after moving that I should probably run...
  6. Problems After Moving windows Roaming folder to a new drive and now can't seem to put it back.

Problems After Moving windows Roaming folder to a new drive and now can't seem to put it back.: Hello.I wanted to save space on my smaller solid state C drive by moving the roaming folder to a newer larger hard drive using the following method. Right click the roaming folder > properties > location > move. It only occurred to me after moving that I should probably run...
  7. I moved the downloads folder to one drive, but now I can't move it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I moved the downloads folder to one drive, but now I can't move it back: I wanted One Drive to backup my downloads folders so I googled how to do it and found this link. https://superuser.com/questions/1586240/back-up-the-download-folder-on-win10-in-onedriveI just wanted to test it out, but now I cannot move the downloads folder back to the...
  8. I moved the downloads folder to one drive, but now I can't move it back

I moved the downloads folder to one drive, but now I can't move it back: I wanted One Drive to backup my downloads folders so I googled how to do it and found this link. https://superuser.com/questions/1586240/back-up-the-download-folder-on-win10-in-onedriveI just wanted to test it out, but now I cannot move the downloads folder back to the...
  9. I moved the downloads folder to one drive, but now I can't move it back

10. revert moving appdata roaming to another drive, back to c:\ drive

revert moving appdata roaming to another drive, back to c:\ drive: I decided to move my appdata roaming folder by using the location tab to another drive. I now have two appdata roaming folders one in c:\ drive and one in d:\ drive. after further googling i found out that i should really keep the roaming folder on the c:\ where it belongs....