Windows 10: Problems after RAM upgrade

Discus and support Problems after RAM upgrade in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Upgraded to 20GB (8 + 8 + 4). CrucialScan says they are the correct RAM modules. (All 3 are Crucial.) Since the upgrade non-trivial apps (Sketchup,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by macnab, Nov 7, 2019.

1. macnab Win User

Problems after RAM upgrade

Upgraded to 20GB (8 + 8 + 4). CrucialScan says they are the correct RAM modules. (All 3 are Crucial.)

Since the upgrade non-trivial apps (Sketchup, Blender, Sweet Home 3D) keep going Not Responding when doing any sort of major task. Perfmon shows 35% CPU usage and 40% RAM usage, so that can't be the problem. Sometimes Sketchup can go Not Responding for a few seconds when closing.

Sometimes they never recover from Not Responding, sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes after minutes.

Don't know whether related or not, but when I wake the PC from Hibernate it powers up for 2 seconds, goes dead for 3 seconds, powers up for 2 seconds, goes dead for 3 seconds and then powers up successfully. It seems to always do this.

Don't know whether this is related or not, but I use Serviio to stream video to my Home Theatre over Ethernet. This has always worked fine, but now the stream freezes for about 15 seconds every now and then.

This is all driving me crazy.

Windows 10Pro, build 18362.

:)

macnab, Nov 7, 2019

2. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Problems after RAM upgrade

To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Problems after RAM upgrade :D

DrunkenMafia, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Problems after RAM upgrade

1. Problems after RAM upgrade - Similar Threads - Problems RAM upgrade

2. Computer Having Slow Internet Problems After Upgrading RAM Hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Having Slow Internet Problems After Upgrading RAM Hardware: I have an All-In-One model computer & just recently I changed its RAM From 4GB To 16GB. Before the upgrade, My PC's Network was fine, no problem. But After the upgrade, The Network are SUPER Slow. & This only happens to the upgraded PC. Other devices are fine, no other device...
  3. error 0xc0000221 after RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error 0xc0000221 after RAM upgrade: error 0xc0000221 after installing 64gb ram then goes into a black screen loop after every boot. Put the 32gb ram back in and system works fine. Crucial website says my system supports 64gb. Old RAM is Corsair Vengeance 32gb 3200 and new RAM is Corsair Vengeance 64gb 3200....
  4. error 0xc0000221 after RAM upgrade

error 0xc0000221 after RAM upgrade: error 0xc0000221 after installing 64gb ram then goes into a black screen loop after every boot. Put the 32gb ram back in and system works fine. Crucial website says my system supports 64gb. Old RAM is Corsair Vengeance 32gb 3200 and new RAM is Corsair Vengeance 64gb 3200....
  5. Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade: Hello! after upgrading my laptops ram from 8gb to 16gb it started running slower, i tried reinstalling the 8gb stick, like the way it was before, it got better but in games i kept having a lot of stuttering, i tried running a memtest but it said that everything was okayI have...
  6. Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade

Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade: Hello! after upgrading my laptops ram from 8gb to 16gb it started running slower, i tried reinstalling the 8gb stick, like the way it was before, it got better but in games i kept having a lot of stuttering, i tried running a memtest but it said that everything was okayI have...
  7. BSOD After Ram Upgrade??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD After Ram Upgrade??: I upgraded from house-branded cheap 16GB to Corsair 32GB 2600Mhz. Since booting with new RAM, BSOD often, varying every 10min to 30min. I ram the memory diag with new RAM and it threw no problems. I also did the PowerShell verify thing and it crashed on me. Any ideas? I...
  8. BSOD after RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after RAM upgrade: Hello all, A week ago I recieved my order G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz C16 F4-3200C16D-16GVKB I had already one pair of the same ram up and running for 2 years. After the ram installation the system recognize only 16GB and the other half appears as system...
  9. BSODS after RAM upgrade

BSODS after RAM upgrade: My computer has been experiencing BSODs after a recent RAM upgrade. RAM was installed in the same slots as the previous. I've also tried updating drivers through device manager, got some BSODs there while updating them. Also tried running system file check on CMD, which it...
  10. RAM upgrade problem windows 10

RAM upgrade problem windows 10: I'm a newbie to the community so maybe this question has been asked before? I'm running a notebook Presario CQ57 on Windows 10 Home version 1909. It was upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 recently. I also just upgraded my RAM from 2GB to 8GB. My notebook is running much faster...