Windows 10: Problems after sysprep Windows 10 Pro v1803

Discus and support Problems after sysprep Windows 10 Pro v1803 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro v1803 After running sysprep and rebooted i get " Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attempt to resume configuration,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by datdereyeehaw, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Problems after sysprep Windows 10 Pro v1803

Windows 10 Pro v1803
    After running sysprep and rebooted i get " Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attempt to resume configuration, restart the computer" and obviously restarting did not fix the issue. So i pulled the log file from C:\windows\panther\setup.etl converted it to a csv file so i can read it, but i dont understand what is failing. Here is a couple of repeated failures in the log:

<Data Name="Message">(c0000022): Failed call to SclProcessObjectSecurity().</Data>
    <Message>SclRegProcessKeyRecursiveByHandle@298 : (c0000022): Failed call to SclProcessObjectSecurity(). </Message>
    <Data Name="Message">(c0000022): Failed to process reg key or one of its descendants: [\REGISTRY\USER\.DEFAULT\Software\SetID]</Data>
    <Message>SclRegProcessKeyRecursiveByHandle@341 : (c0000022): Failed to process reg key or one of its descendants: [\REGISTRY\USER\.DEFAULT\Software\SetID] </Message>
    <Data Name="Message">(c0000022): Failed to process reg key or one of its descendants: [\REGISTRY\USER\.DEFAULT\Software]</Data>
    <Message>SclRegProcessKeyRecursiveByHandle@341 : (c0000022): Failed to process reg key or one of its descendants: [\REGISTRY\USER\.DEFAULT\Software] </Message>
    <Data Name="Message">(c0000022): Failed to process reg key or one of its descendants: [\REGISTRY\USER\.DEFAULT]</Data>
    <Message>SclRegProcessKeyRecursiveByHandle@341 : (c0000022): Failed to process reg key or one of its descendants: [\REGISTRY\USER\.DEFAULT] </Message>
    <Data Name="Message">(c0000022): Failed to process key [\REGISTRY\USER\.DEFAULT]</Data>
    <Message>ProcessOnlineRegistryHives@301 : (c0000022): Failed to process key [\REGISTRY\USER\.DEFAULT] </Message>
    <Data Name="Message">(c0000022): Failed to process registry</Data>
    <Message>SclpExecuteRequestInternal@390 : (c0000022): Failed to process registry </Message>
    <Data Name="Message">STAT: Number of $Secure security descriptors failed = 0</Data>
    <Message>SclpStateRecordStatField@195 : STAT: Number of $Secure security descriptors failed = 0 </Message>
    <Data Name="Name">FsSecureSDFailedUpdateCount</Data>
    <Data Name="Description">Number of $Secure security descriptors failed</Data>
    <Message>SetupCl statistic (FsSecureSDFailedUpdateCount): Number of $Secure security descriptors failed = 0. </Message>
    <Message>SetupCl statistic (FsSecureSDFailedUpdateCount): Number of $Secure security descriptors failed = 0. </Message>
    <Data Name="Message">STAT: Number of $MFT security descriptors failed = 0</Data>
    <Message>SclpStateRecordStatField@195 : STAT: Number of $MFT security descriptors failed = 0 </Message>
    <Data Name="Name">FsMftSDFailedUpdateCount</Data>
    <Data Name="Description">Number of $MFT security descriptors failed</Data>
    <Message>SetupCl statistic (FsMftSDFailedUpdateCount): Number of $MFT security descriptors failed = 0. </Message>
    <Message>SetupCl statistic (FsMftSDFailedUpdateCount): Number of $MFT security descriptors failed = 0. </Message>
    <Data Name="Message">(c0000022): Request execution failed</Data>
    <Message>SclpExecuteRequestInternal@484 : (c0000022): Request execution failed </Message>

Is this the right info that is stopping windows from configuring? Anyone know what this means? Is there another log to look at?
    Any help is appreciated, thank you.

:)

datdereyeehaw, Feb 20, 2019
  2. John Ado Win User

SysPrep Advice

Hi Joseph,

The topic that you raised is beyond the scope of support for this site which focuses more on home and personal end users. Here's what I found about SysPrep:

However these are old articles and the process may have been changed already. You may re-post this question in

TechNet Forums
    for further assistance.

All the best.

John Ado, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 1709 sysprep fail

Hi,

I had the same problem, checked the logs and they basically said Windows was unable to remove the Miracast app.

Tried multiple suggestions, nothing worked until I found this:

Failed to sysprep and capture Windows 10 Fall Creators 1709

Basically Microsoft have pushed out their 1709 image without the Miracast app installed, to fix:

• Copy the C:\Windows\MiracastView folder from a working 1703 build into the C:\Windows directory on the 1709 machine
    • Restart and then run sysprep

Sysprep should then run successfully!

Josh

Josh Hackett, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Problems after sysprep Windows 10 Pro v1803

Windows 10 1709 sysprep fail

Unfortunately this did not work for me.

Derek.Smiley, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Problems after sysprep Windows 10 Pro v1803

1. Problems after sysprep Windows 10 Pro v1803 - Similar Threads - Problems sysprep Pro

2. Windows 10 20H2 sysprep problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 sysprep problem: I upgraded my windows 10 enterprise image from 1803 to 2004 on a Dell Latitude 5510 laptop, sysprepped it and deploy it successfully. Now, I upgraded the 2004 image to 20H2 using ISO image downloaded from MS volume licensing site. It's done on the same model Dell 5510...
  3. Sysprep Windows 10 1903 Problems

Sysprep Windows 10 1903 Problems: I am sysprepping a Windows 10 1903 image and am having problems with the default apps changing from what was originally set. I have tried exporting the DefaultAppAssociations.xml and importing back with no luck. The web browser was set for IE and after sysprep it is blank and...
  4. SYSprep Problems

SYSprep Problems: I got a fatal error while sysprepping machine : Heres the sysprep log file: SYSPRP Package PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.1.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12 was installed for a user, but not provisioned for all users. This package will not function properly in the sysprep image. 2018-07-18...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Update To v1803 Fails

Windows 10 Pro Update To v1803 Fails: I have two PCs, both Dell Precision 490 workstations, but with slightly different hardware configurations. My wife’s PC has only 2 disks (one SSD and one HDD) and 4GB of memory. My PC has 3 disks (2 SSDs and one HDD) and 16GB of memory and a webcam. Both were running the...
  6. Problem with sysprep Windows 10 - capisp.dll

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Problem with sysprep Windows 10 - capisp.dll: Hi, I am trying to sysprep a Windows 10 Enterprise VM built using Hyper-V. I cannot paste the entire setupact or setuperr logs but this is the problem being reported: capisp.dll::CAPISysPrep_Generalize: NukeTempCryptoFiles Failed capisp.dll::CAPISysPrep_Generalize:...
  7. Problems with sign-in after sysprep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems with sign-in after sysprep: Hi, I used SysPrep a little while ago to reset my system for anticipation of a motherboard swap. So I ran sysprep and then installed new motherboard and when I rebooted for first time again Windows setup created a new user. So now I have two users the first of which...
  8. Surface Pro 4 problems after sysprep and latest upgrade

Surface Pro 4 problems after sysprep and latest upgrade: Okay here's the deal; I have seven of these to set up for users here at work, and we have several applications that need to be preconfigured and standardized for users. Thus the boot into Audit Mode for setup and Sysprepping with "CopyProfile=True" in my xml file. First...
  9. Sysprep Problem

Sysprep Problem: I cant figure out how to fix it please help 46386
  10. windows 10 sysprep problem

windows 10 sysprep problem: Hello, Got one problem on deploying windows 10. Test in hyper-v, syeprep shutdown and boot run unattended file. All good. However when Deploying on normal pc. It will boot up and show windows icon for ever. then need manual reboot it to pass it. try many time, always...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 sysprep