Windows 10: Problems after the latest Update

Discus and support Problems after the latest Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having a bunch of problems happening since the last Update: Starting with stutters when playing or just using an app like chrome, watching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jay Faraday, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Problems after the latest Update

I've been having a bunch of problems happening since the last Update:

Starting with stutters when playing or just using an app like chrome, watching videos etc. the entire pc in random moments for like 3 seconds, everything looks like i have 3Fps, what makes it very noticeable is the cursor of course.

The second problem is some small video bugs like the download bars not showing where the progress really is until i put the cursor over it Chrome and Steam for example

And the last one is Windows Update taking way too long on any action; if i press search for updates, it takes like 20 sec. before actually searching for updates, takes like 5 min to find One every time i try, each time a new one, and considering that this normally didn't take long at all, it also take more than ever before.

Nothing of these happened before the last october update.

Sorry for my very low level English btw.

PD: i tried fixing it with cmd sfc/, it did find some damaged stuff, but the problems persist :

:)

Jay Faraday, Oct 27, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Latest Windows 10 update - problems

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

From the description I understand that, after installing the latest update you lost the access to the taskbar.

In Windows 10, your device is always kept up to date with the latest features and fixes. Updates and drivers are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates are needed or not needed.
    In rare cases, a specific driver or update might temporarily cause issues with your device.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search type Taskbar and select
      customize the taskbar.
    • Now check if auto-hide task bar is tick marked.
    • If yes, uncheck the check box, click on Apply
      and OK.
    Once you get your taskbar back, follow the below steps to pin applications to taskbar.

• Go to the applications which you want to pin to taskbar.
    • Right click on it and select pin to taskbar.

Example: Right click on Chrome from desktop icon and select pin to taskbar.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

Problems after the latest Update

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Problems after the latest Update

1. Problems after the latest Update - Similar Threads - Problems latest Update

2. Ethernet problems after the latest W11 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet problems after the latest W11 update.: Hello,I have a problem connecting to the internet on my Aspire A715-41G. On wi-fi I have not problem, but when it comes to ethernet, I cannot manage to fix the issue.I have tried literally all "fixes" on the 1st page of google.My network device is Realtek PCIe Gbe Family...
  3. Problem After Latest Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem After Latest Update: After the latest Windows 10 update, I cannot now open/load LDPlayer Android emulator. I've tried other Android emulators and they all fail. Windows restarts after showing a WHEA stopcode. Can you help or is the problem known and being fixed? Thanks...
  4. Printer Problems after Latest Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Problems after Latest Update: On 1/13/2021, I got a message that I needed to restart my computer after updates KB4535680 & KB4598229 were automatically downloaded. Today I tried to print something & discovered that the Canon printer was no longer listed & the HP Envy printer stopped printing in color....
  5. Problem after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem after latest update: Hello, I get a weird problem after the latest update: the taskbar keeps flashing and the desktop icons never load. I can't open the start menu or do anything other than Ctrl-Alt-Del. I tried using a recovery point, uninstalling qualtiy updates feature updates can't be...
  6. Problems after latest updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems after latest updates: After updating to the newest version of Windows, the pop up screens are transparent rather than being greyed out. This happens with the screen that displays the apps and power options when the windows icon is clicked to display my apps, or to select setting, power, etc. It is...
  7. problem after latest Windows update.

problem after latest Windows update.: I installed the latest Windows Update today 20th March 2020. It messed up my YouTube, in that it took the videos anything from several seconds to over a minute to start. When they did, there was no sound. I followed the "Restart your computer" advice four yes, FOUR times, to...
  8. Keyboard Problems after latest update

Keyboard Problems after latest update: Hello! The most recent Windows update on my laptop messed up my keyboard function and gave me a black screen but with the cursor after the login. I was able to get around that but my keyboard still isn't working correctly. I tried uninstalling the update, but after a restart...
  9. Problem with printer after the latest update

Problem with printer after the latest update: The last Windows 10 update (1903) resulted in my printer stopped working and I cannot manage it via Printers anymore . The Manage button comes to nothing. Is it an update bug?...
  10. Problems with Edge after latest update?

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with Edge after latest update?: Updated to the latest 10 update last night and Edge is almost unuseable. Takes about 5-10 minutes for the computer (esp Edge) to unfreeze and start playing nice. Anyone else having this issue? 31513