Windows 10: Problems after transferring C: OS SSD Drive to new SSD

Discus and support Problems after transferring C: OS SSD Drive to new SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a new Samsung 860 pro 256gb. ssd to transfer everything from my main/OS drive to it since the drive is pretty old and, I've already had one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by p5200, Nov 29, 2020.

1. p5200 Win User

Problems after transferring C: OS SSD Drive to new SSD

I bought a new Samsung 860 pro 256gb. ssd to transfer everything from my main/OS drive to it since the drive is pretty old and, I've already had one drive just like it go bad and it was actually a little newer. First off, I just put the new drive in my Kingston docking bay and plugged in to the usb. The Samsung migration program when I clicked on start said not allocated but, went on transferring everything to the new drive. When I go into bios, it doesn't show the new drive as a booting option. I think it's booting on the over ride function. I then made another backup image to Macrium 7 Home and it said successful. The problem I'm getting, is when I choose the option to create a rescue disc I get an error about missing drivers but, allows me to continue with the rescue disc. I did nothing to the new disk but put it in the docking bay as it came. Could the fact that the migration software when I first started said it was unallocated, be where my problem is? and what should I do? Here's Rescue disc error.
    Problems after transferring C: OS SSD Drive to new SSD [​IMG]

:)

p5200, Nov 29, 2020
  2. Chin9 Win User

Moving OS C drive to another SSD?

I currently have a 120GB SSD on my laptop as my OS C drive. I'm considering to install a new, larger SSD, but my Windows installation will be gone with the old SSD. So is there any way to move my Windows to a new drive?

Chin9, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Transfer my OS to SSD?

I have an old 1tb HHD so I decided to transfer OS and a browser to a new SSD drive. But I cannot do it without making partition. Now I have only **** C without any partitions and can transfer all information from this ****. How can I make a partition
    and place only my OS there so that I would be able to transfer only my OS?

JulianaTallone, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Problems after transferring C: OS SSD Drive to new SSD

Transferring a SSD With OS on to a new PC

Hello, pretty soon I will be building a new computer with completely different hardware. Is there a process I have to do in order to transfer my SSD with my current OS (Windows 10) on to the new PC? Or can i just plug my SSD in and it will recognize all
    the new hardware?

JuniNguyen, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Problems after transferring C: OS SSD Drive to new SSD

1. Problems after transferring C: OS SSD Drive to new SSD - Similar Threads - Problems transferring SSD

2. Best way to transfer OS to SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to transfer OS to SSD?: I am running out of hard drive space due to installing too many games from various giveaways over the last two years.I went to install a second hard drive, only to find that there is no bay for a second conventional hard drive and no place to put/mount the second drive even...
  3. Transfer OS from C Drive to new Drive

Transfer OS from C Drive to new Drive: Hi, I've seen a lot of different ways to transfer the contents of my C Drive to a new larger drive. What is the best way to do this as I'm wanting to transfer my OS and everything on my C Drive to a new drive on my PC? Thanks...
  4. Transferring OS to a smaller SSD

Transferring OS to a smaller SSD: I want to move my OS and only my OS to my new SSD which is a 250gb Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2. My main drive is a 1tb HDD and I want to be able to move that drive between laptop and PC without taking the laptops OS with it....
  5. Problem restoring system image to new SSD C drive

Problem restoring system image to new SSD C drive: Hi XPS 8920 Desktop Win 10 pro with SSD C drive and normal D drive Dell said they will send a tech to me to change the SSD. Not waking up after sleep mode. The old SSD still worked so I used Windows Backup to save a system image onto an ext HD. The Tech installed the...
  6. Transfering OS from HDD to SSD

Transfering OS from HDD to SSD: I just bought SSD recently and want to make it as my OS, but the problem is my license is OEM.I read out there that cloning your OS from HDD to SSD using a partition wizard or something is easy and can transfer the license as well. In my case i want a clean installation on my...
  7. Transfer OS From HDD to SSD

Transfer OS From HDD to SSD: I have a HP laptop with original Windows 10 Home Edition. My present Hard Drive is very slow HDD. Now I want to use a new SSD and want to reinstall this original OS to my new SSD. But I have lost my Product Key. What is the process. Thanks....
  8. transfer windows to new ssd drive

transfer windows to new ssd drive: I know all the hard ways to buy a new drive and jury rig my windows 10 to the new drive, etc... But what is the official way, the Microsoft way to take everything on DRIVEC OLD and move it to the new and faster DRIVEC NEW? I've used disk mirroring software and then windows...
  9. Transferring a SSD With OS on to a new PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transferring a SSD With OS on to a new PC: Hello, pretty soon I will be building a new computer with completely different hardware. Is there a process I have to do in order to transfer my SSD with my current OS (Windows 10) on to the new PC? Or can i just plug my SSD in and it will recognize all the new hardware?...
  10. New OS SSD Drive

New OS SSD Drive: I'm confused with what, if I anything, that I need to do in order to activate Windows 10 once I replace/upgrade my OS SSD. I originally was able to take advantage of the free Windows 7 to 10 upgrade. What do I need to do with regard to activation once I re-install windows 10...