Windows 10: Problems after updates, laptop freezes

Discus and support Problems after updates, laptop freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On January 13, I received 2 updates: January 12, 2021-KB4598242, respectively windows malicious software removal tool x64 - v5.85 KB890830.After that,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Matei4, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Matei4 Win User

Problems after updates, laptop freezes

On January 13, I received 2 updates: January 12, 2021-KB4598242, respectively windows malicious software removal tool x64 - v5.85 KB890830.After that, my laptop has moments when it freezes and no longer responds to any commands.In order to be able to reuse the laptop, I have to close it from the on / off button and restart it.After a period of use a few minutes or hours - varies I suffer the same thing.I would not want to reinstall windows from 0 because I have quite important files on it.And before I think about hardware issues, I have to rule out the possibility of a software issue especially since it happened after the respective updates.

:)

Matei4, Jan 18, 2021
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Jan 18, 2021
  3. 1Hellcat Win User
    Laptop Freezing Problem

For the past week I've been trying to figure out what could be causing my laptop to freeze. I have an HP Pavilion Dv6z 7000 with an A10-4600m, 7730m, and upgraded the ram from 6GB to 8GB back in January. The laptop is running Windows 8 Pro.

What happens is that I'll start up the laptop, and sometimes it'll freeze while logging me in, or after I've logged in. It's random when it happens. I could go an hour without trouble, or it could freeze as soon as I log in. If I happen to have the backlit keyboard on, it'll flicker just before it freezes. Before the freezing started, I had problems where the wifi would not be detected by the system, or the battery would not be detected.

I ran memtest86+ on the original ram the laptop came with and the new ram, and both sets passed. I ran the system diagnostics that hp has and passed all the tests. I tried refreshing Windows 8, and for a short while it would work until I restarted the computer. I've tried resetting Windows 8 with the same problem, and I've tried a clean install and still ran into the same problem.

I don't think it's heat, because coretemp shows that the cpu is nowhere near dangerous temperatures. I haven't found a program that will let me see the motherboard temps, so I can't comment on that. I also have the laptop on a Cooler Master U3.

What do you think it could be?

1Hellcat, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Problems after updates, laptop freezes

Laptop problem: Black vertical "sidebar" [Update]

I will try that... do you think I have complete access to replace the monitor cable without dismantling the laptop from step 1? *Eek! Problems after updates, laptop freezes :eek:
    Tbh it's a bit scary.

Black Panther, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Problems after updates, laptop freezes

1. Problems after updates, laptop freezes - Similar Threads - Problems updates laptop

2. laptop freeze after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop freeze after Windows 10 update: I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and since then my laptop often freezes after automatic Windows update. I have the latest Windows version but the problem often persists. I would be very grateful if anyone could help. Thank you in advance....
  3. Laptop freezes frequently after 20h2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop freezes frequently after 20h2 update: My laptop used to run fine on 1808 but since I've updated to 20H2, it freezes a lot, everything stops responding, and when i have to force shut it down, it takes atleast 10 minutes to boot up, this has never happened before, just after the update, and I have ab HDD but as I...
  4. Freezing after update??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezing after update??: Anyone else’s pc freeze after the new update? Happens about 30 mins after use. Freezes screen and it does not respond. I have a higher end gaming machine. submitted by /u/FocusPuRe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ky5to0/freezing_after_update/
  5. Laptop freezes after January 2021 update

Laptop freezes after January 2021 update: My Lenovo laptop was working perfectly, until I installed the Microsoft Update on January 13, 2021. The next day suddenly my Chrome browser freezes, my mouse doesn't work, my keyboard lost it backlight, etc. And I can't uninstall the update. I was able to restore the...
  6. Laptop began to freeze after win10 update

Laptop began to freeze after win10 update: Hello My laptop began to freeze after win10 update. I tried to use restore point, resetting to default, reinstalled win10. But after one of update laptop began to freeze again with this error: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch...
  7. Laptop Freezes after latest Microsoft 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Freezes after latest Microsoft 10 Update: My laptop updated the micrsoft automatically yesterday but it freezed when I turned on my laptop. I tried to shut it down forcefully by the power button and turned it on again for three times but it still freezed after about 5 minutes after start up, I can't do anything...
  8. after Windows 10 update - Laptop freezes in Stand by,

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    after Windows 10 update - Laptop freezes in Stand by,: Hi, after the recent windows 10 update, my Laptop is no longer able to manage stand by modus. I hear that the PC is still online, but once it is in stand by mode, i can no longer reactivate it. have to unplug plus deplug the accu - so it is completly turned off from any...
  9. laptop freezing and restarting after win10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop freezing and restarting after win10 update: Hi,my granddaughter called me and said she updated the win 10 update but now her laptop keeps freezing and restarting ,Its a Acer aspire e15 . Any help please 125230
  10. My Laptop has serious problems after freezing

My Laptop has serious problems after freezing: Ok, first off, this was happened when i was using my laptop normally and then suddenly my laptop froze. After waited for about 10 minutes, it's still freezing. So i had to force shutdown my laptop. And then, when i was trying to start the laptop again, it failed twice until...