Windows 10: Problems after upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 17763.503

Discus and support Problems after upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 17763.503 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I'm running Windows 10 Pro, version 17763.503. I'm converting an old Classic asp site to a .Net C# Razor site. Consequently, I need access to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NeilGI, May 22, 2019.

1. NeilGI Win User

Problems after upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 17763.503

Hi

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, version 17763.503. I'm converting an old Classic asp site to a .Net C# Razor site. Consequently, I need access to the old asp site to review functionality before recoding it. I have built the Classic asp site on my development laptop and all has been running well for years now. The site is running in production at a few clients and also on my demo web site which is hosted by my ISP. All sites are working except the dev site on my laptop.

Some weeks ago (24 April to be exact) Windows prompted me to install an upgrade which I duly did - to version 17763.503. The upgrade went smoothly but immediately afterwards I noticed that the old Classic asp site on my dev laptop stopped working in Edge, IE11, FF or Chrome. Specifically, it was taking 30 seconds or more to open the site, not rendering the css (I use a version of Bootstrap 3 called Smarty which I purchased for its themes) and when it eventually displays the home page, on clicking the link to navigate to the log in page, that page fails to load. No real coding error is ever displayed except that the page normally says something like "The page cannot be displayed" and "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" or "INET_E_DOWNLOAD FAILURE", depending on the browser. All is OK with the database connection and data calls etc. so its not a database error or connection error.

I contacted Microsoft Help Desk and after being handed over through 5 different consultants (I'm bald now from tearing my hear out) and hours of watching them fiddle here and there on my laptop, they couldn't explain it so they just arrogantly ended it all by saying they've tested their software extensively and are satisfied that it is working and therefore the problem must lie with my application. I don't buy it because minutes before I applied the Windows upgrade my Classic asp app was working in ALL browsers, and just minutes after the upgrade it was failing in ALL browsers. The cynic in me says that Microsoft has deliberately started introducing changes that will culminate in them stopping support for Classic ASP and this is their way of forcing change. Incidentally, the new Razor site is running with the same Bootstrap and database and is running well.

Event viewer reports this error in "System" but I can't seem to see what triggers it throughout the day. I tried one suggestion to change the permissions on the APPID but that didn't change anything:
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {8E240CF7-3017-494D-877D-7D19548A3142}
    and APPID
    {F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169}
    to the user ACER\hende SID (S-1-5-21-1995079702-3253873399-167814391-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

So what else have I tried?
    * Tweaking various browser settings, deleting the cached files & cookies etc.
    * Tweaking various settings in IIS; deleting the web site and recreating it.
    * Adding more features for "Internet Information Service" in "Turn Windows features on and off" in the hope that this would trigger some change to IIS on Windows 10 Pro.
    * Creating a new user with Admin rights.
    * Running sfc /scannow. No errors were reported.
    * Running DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth. No errors were reported.
    * Downloading a fresh version of Windows 10 Pro iso and re-installing Windows.
    * Flushing the DNS.
    * Tested using other laptops running on Windows 10 and Windows 2008 Server, connecting via my local network to my development site, both work correctly using all browsers.
    * Tested the production site of the Classic ASP app, which is published on the Internet (same code and database as I'm running on my development laptop), using my laptop and the others metioned above, and all work correctly. My conclusion therefore is that the problem doesn't lie with the browsers, or the Classic asp app's code or the css, but with the Windows 10 Pro OS that's failing to render style sheets correctly when served from the local ISS (localhost) to browsers on the local PC.
    * If I exclude all FIVE links to css sheets in the app it responds and loads as quickly as normal (without styling of course).
    * I created a new 1-page Classic asp test app/site to emulate the app's css link to the same relative css folder location as the Bootstrap css, but with a simple custom-made style sheet with one property in it, and database connection. The test app worked correctly.
    * I then linked the test app to the FIVE Bootstrap css style sheets that the production app uses. The test app fails to render the css.
    * I ran all the Bootstap style sheets through W3School's CSS Validation Service and fixed all reported errors. The error still persisted thereafter.
    * I eliminated reference to all but the main style sheet and then placed a single custom css property at the very top so that I could see it rendered in the test app, and then deleted all other 8000 odd rows of the style sheet. No error was found. My custom property was visible and rendered correctly.
    * I then incrementally added 100 rows of Bootstrap css code back and tested after each. Initially the error didn't occur, but after reaching around 2600 rows the error started occurring, but not consistently, so I was never able to actually pinpoint a specific css property that was causing the error. Even after rolling back 300 or more rows, the error persisted, despite the fact that it had previously worked with 2300 rows of css code. So this wasn't a reliable indicator at all. As a result, after hours of back and forth testing I gave up with this.
    * I installed a new clean version of the Bootstrap 3 and then the Bootstrap 4 css product from the vendor, but the problem still remains.

My conclusion, Windows 10 Pro version 17763.503, has a bug that prevents it from serving complex, long, multi-page, style sheets to browsers on the local PC. Surely I can't be the only one in the world to be experiencing this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

NeilGI, May 22, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 22, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 22, 2019
  4. Problems after upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 17763.503

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Problems after upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 17763.503

1. Problems after upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 17763.503 - Similar Threads - Problems upgrade Pro

2. Error 503

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error 503: How to Fix Http Error 503 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/error-503/09dcb4eb-8904-42b3-8638-bb838f2fa3b7
  3. Upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 pro problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 pro problems: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro on a USB drive. It has failed to install 3 times. I uninstalled unnecessary apps and disabled all anti virus software disconnected wireless internet and booted from USB drive after all updates were current. Sits at loading files for 4 hours...
  4. Activation on Windows 10 17763

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation on Windows 10 17763: Split from this thread. Hi I've been part of the Windows Insider Programme from its inception. I'm running Windows 10 Pro - a free upgrade/migration from Windows 7 and then via Windows 8. For the last few years I have seldom done much development, except migrating from...
  5. windows 10 pro upgrade problem

windows 10 pro upgrade problem: I upgraded from windows 10 home edition to pro edition thru windows store. pc developed issues and now it has loaded win 10 home edition again and to upgrade to win 10 pro it asks for money again. I already paid and upgraded...
  6. Clean upgrade of Windows 10 Pro to 17763 demotes to Home edition

Clean upgrade of Windows 10 Pro to 17763 demotes to Home edition: I have had Windows 10 Professional Build 17134 running and Activated since 07/18/2018 (slmgr shows a Partial Product Key of 3V66T). I am now attempting to do a clean install of Windows 10 Professional Build 17763 from a MediaCreationTool1809.exe-generated .iso, but it...
  7. Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17763 Build 17763) will not go to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17763 Build 17763) will not go to sleep: I've been scouring tech forums, windows forums, youtube, for days and days. There are plenty of "windows wont sleep" threads. I've tried dozens of the "fixes". Either I have a different issue, or I'm doing them wrong. I want my Windows 10 Pro install (fresh/recent...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Network Problems After 1809 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro Network Problems After 1809 Upgrade: When I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 1803 I had problems accessing the 3 pcs on my home network. This was resolved by setting several services to automatic start, on all 3 pcs. After which I had a reliable, rock solid network. I've now upgraded to Windows 10 1809, and my...
  9. Problems with upgrading to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with upgrading to Windows 10 Pro: TL;DR The activation key I received doesn't work. Error code 0xc004f050 Context is as follows. I switched out my motherboard a while ago, which required me to get a new product key. I had previously been using Windows 10 Home, but I figured I'd upgrade to Windows 10 Pro...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade problem resolved.

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade problem resolved.: Hi, I'm new to this site but have had good experiences with Windows Eight Forums and I expect it will continue in Windows 10. I post this in the hope it may help others who have the same problem. Allowing the auto-update was getting me nowhere and appeared to be stuck....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Error Code: INET_E_DOWNLOAD_FAILURE

2. INET_E_DOWNLOAD_FAILURE

3. how to fix inet e download failure

4. what can i do about this - Error Code: INET_E_DOWNLOAD_FAILURE on Internet Explorer,
  5. driver 10.0.17763.1,
  6. INET_E_DOWNLOAD_FAILURE,
  7. what is inet e download failure,
  8. Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17763.503 Robocopy modify,
  9. windows 10 is stuck updating KB4497934