Windows 10: Problems after upgrade to windows 10

Discus and support Problems after upgrade to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My installed ram has reduced to 2gb from 8gb after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1! I use virtual box to operate various operating systems but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Krishi Jain, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Problems after upgrade to windows 10

My installed ram has reduced to 2gb from 8gb after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1! I use virtual box to operate various operating systems but unable to do this due to lack of ram can you please help?

:)

Krishi Jain, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Problems after upgrade to windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Problems after upgrade to windows 10

1. Problems after upgrade to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problems upgrade

2. Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10: I bought a new HP PC that came with windows 10. I received a notification that I can upgrade to windows 11 for free, which I did. I have continued to stay updated since then and my PC now runs on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2.I keep getting this error: We can't activate Windows...
  3. Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10: I bought a new HP PC that came with windows 10. I received a notification that I can upgrade to windows 11 for free, which I did. I have continued to stay updated since then and my PC now runs on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2.I keep getting this error: We can't activate Windows...
  4. We have two Windows PCs and one upgraded to Windows 11 no problem, but the other cannot be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We have two Windows PCs and one upgraded to Windows 11 no problem, but the other cannot be...: We have two Windows-based PCs.Both are only running Windows security no Kaspersky, etc..Both are running the same applications.They were both on Windows 10.We agreed to the free upgrade on both.One of them upgraded to Windows 11 without any trouble.The other refuses to be...
  5. We have two Windows PCs and one upgraded to Windows 11 no problem, but the other cannot be...

We have two Windows PCs and one upgraded to Windows 11 no problem, but the other cannot be...: We have two Windows-based PCs.Both are only running Windows security no Kaspersky, etc..Both are running the same applications.They were both on Windows 10.We agreed to the free upgrade on both.One of them upgraded to Windows 11 without any trouble.The other refuses to be...
  6. Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem: im currently helping a client who just bought a bnib HP Laptop that came bundle with Win 11 HSL & Office 2021 Home Student its still hasnt been setup yet and they were asking to upgrade it into Win 11 Pro using OEM license they already bought the license from internet and...
  7. Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem

Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem: im currently helping a client who just bought a bnib HP Laptop that came bundle with Win 11 HSL & Office 2021 Home Student its still hasnt been setup yet and they were asking to upgrade it into Win 11 Pro using OEM license they already bought the license from internet and...
  8. recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on...: recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on my desktop shown when i start my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-i-upgrade-windows-10-to-11-after-that-a/c8309a5d-11fe-46fb-814f-18e25cf6726e
  9. recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on...

recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on...: recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on my desktop shown when i start my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-i-upgrade-windows-10-to-11-after-that-a/c8309a5d-11fe-46fb-814f-18e25cf6726e
  10. Upgraded to Windows 11, now have A few problems.

Upgraded to Windows 11, now have A few problems.: Upgraded to Windows 11, A few problems firstly new keyboard when i say new was working on win 10 for a few weeks just sometimes when open programs or things like this just wont work for a while then starts, replaced batteries twice thinking it could be the problem, but then...