Windows 10: Problems after upgrade to windows 10

Discus and support Problems after upgrade to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My installed ram has reduced to 2gb from 8gb after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1! I use virtual box to operate various operating systems but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Krishi Jain, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Problems after upgrade to windows 10

My installed ram has reduced to 2gb from 8gb after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1! I use virtual box to operate various operating systems but unable to do this due to lack of ram can you please help?

:)

Krishi Jain, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Problems after upgrade to windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Problems after upgrade to windows 10

1. Problems after upgrade to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problems upgrade

2. FTP Problems After Upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FTP Problems After Upgrade to Windows 10: I can't connect to most FTP servers after upgrading to Win10 from Win7. Worked fine on Win7. I'm using Win10 Pro, version 1909, 64bit. Installed/updated on 1/5/21. Windows 10 Firewall is completely turned off. No other 3rd party firewall on the system. FileZilla: - Any...
  3. Windows 10 upgrade problem..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 upgrade problem..: Hello, and happy new year !! So i tried to install windows 10 latest update. And when the computer reboots to apply the update , the logo appears and then randomly shuts down and reboot to the previous update. I want to install the update cause there apps and games that...
  4. Problems Upgrading to Windows 10 {was: installing Microsoft 10}

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems Upgrading to Windows 10 {was: installing Microsoft 10}: I have tried twice to update my computer with Microsoft 10. It has failed both times. I need help. Please point me in the right direction. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-upgrading-to-windows-10-was-installing/f61fdcad-7ef9-4bbb-8cee-f3b7c8417bc1
  5. I am amar I having a problem upgrading my HP Probook running Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10

I am amar I having a problem upgrading my HP Probook running Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10: Split from this thread. Hi all, I am amar I having a problem upgrading my HP Probook running Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. When I run no USB installer I have created, I get a that "Setup has failed to validate the product key." When I go to web>search windows 10 pro>...
  6. Hibernation problem after SSD upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernation problem after SSD upgrade: [ATTACH] Hi, I got a new NVME-SSD for Christmas. I inserted it into the second M2-slot of my mainboard. In the first slot is my "old" SATA-SSD. I would have had to dissasemble the whole computer to get access to the first slot. Next I cloned my partitions from the old to...
  7. Windows Pro Upgrade problems leading to Windows 10 Activation issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Pro Upgrade problems leading to Windows 10 Activation issues: I purchased a Windows Pro upgrade, but the upgrade failed to install. I just kept getting a 'retry' link. In trying to get my Window Pro upgrade to work I somehow thought it would be a good idea to change my product key to an upgrade product key that I found online....
  8. Problem with audiodg.exe since the 09-12-2020 upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with audiodg.exe since the 09-12-2020 upgrade: Hello, I have disrruption At the beginning december, my audio crashes each day. We try to fix this issue by using this tutorial: https://zcom.tech/audio-services-not-responding.html/ When removing the audio driver and restarting the computer, it was working again...
  9. Problem after restart and Upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem after restart and Upgrade: I can no longer reach XP machine from Win 10. The mapped drives and MSHOME connection show in Explorer but attempts to use it crash Explorer. This may have happened just today, all was ok before the restart/upgrade to Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.630) XP can still see.use...
  10. Problems with Windows 10 Enterprise and upgrading from feature pack 1809

Problems with Windows 10 Enterprise and upgrading from feature pack 1809: We have several Windows 10 Enterprise machines on our network and none of them will update past 1809. They don't fail, they just say "you are up to date" when you try to check for updates. It only happens on the Enterprise machines, not on the Windows 10 Professional...