Windows 10: problems after upgrading from windows 10 home to pro:- Hyper-V, Uninstalling apps, powershell

Discus and support problems after upgrading from windows 10 home to pro:- Hyper-V, Uninstalling apps, powershell in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1. Hyper-V error : after upgrading to pro I have enabled virtualization and Hyper-V in control panel> programs>Turn windows features on or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sarath chandraOruganti, Sep 9, 2019.

1. problems after upgrading from windows 10 home to pro:- Hyper-V, Uninstalling apps, powershell

1. Hyper-V error :

after upgrading to pro I have enabled virtualization and Hyper-V in control panel> programs>Turn windows features on or off. later after opening the Hyper-V manager problems after upgrading from windows 10 home to pro:- Hyper-V, Uninstalling apps, powershell 039ef1e2-0983-4cbd-8050-17f67f6bd24b?upload=true.png

2. Uninstalling DropBox 25GB or any other the error:

problems after upgrading from windows 10 home to pro:- Hyper-V, Uninstalling apps, powershell 7d6c12d4-cad0-4c07-95f0-fff97f1188b6?upload=true.png

After that I have opened the log file

[1C04:2B50][2019-09-09T18:26:30]i372: Session end, registration key: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{04ec2b32-255d-418f-b6ca-dec62b872f5d}, resume: ARP, restart: None, disable resume: No
    [1C04:2B50][2019-09-09T18:26:30]i371: Updating session, registration key: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{04ec2b32-255d-418f-b6ca-dec62b872f5d}, resume: ARP, restart initiated: No, disable resume: No
    [2B78:26C8][2019-09-09T18:26:30]i399: Apply complete, result: 0x80070643, restart: None, ba requested restart: No

3. PowerShell opening error

problems after upgrading from windows 10 home to pro:- Hyper-V, Uninstalling apps, powershell bcbd7b67-6802-44a6-b481-2b98c43dc22e?upload=true.png

Solutions I have done:

1. After contacting Microsoft customer agent he said to download ISO file and run it.

2. Done the same and still no change

Please help in this issue

:)

Sarath chandraOruganti, Sep 9, 2019
  2. wakaruken Win User

Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro

Hi,

recently I've just upgrade my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and later to Pro edition.

My question is, how can I install hyper-v without having to do clean installation for windows 10 pro as I can't find the option to enable hyper-v inside windows features.

Tried it via Windows Powershell end-up getting object not found or something similar to it...

Any other way to enable and install hyper-v. My windows is 64 bit.

Thanks in advanced.

wakaruken, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro with Hyper V

Hi

I am currently running Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit with Hyper V enabled as I need the virtual machine for my work. I would like to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 64bit and understand that Hyper V comes with 10 Pro which is great, but I am concerned that my current
    settings will be lost duting the upgrade.

My question is.... can I upgrade without losing any of my existing Hyper V and VM settings?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

juliep_1215, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Igor Lish Win User

problems after upgrading from windows 10 home to pro:- Hyper-V, Uninstalling apps, powershell

Hyper-V PowerShell module fails to create new vm

I have a problem with Hyper-V PowerShell module, it fails to create a New-VM on my machine.

It worked fine until I had to reinstall Hyper-V feature in Windows 10.

Since then cannot create VM with powershell cmdlets, creating a VM in GUI works

I receive the following error

New-VM : Hyper-V encountered an error trying to access an object on computer ...... because the object was not

found. The object might have been deleted, or you might not have permission to perform the task. Verify that the

Virtual Machine Management service on the computer is running. If the service is running, try to perform the task again

by using Run as Administrator.

I am the Administrator on local PC, and I checked Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management service, and it is in a running state.

Tried to rebuild MOF file

MOFCOMP %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsVirtualization.V2.mof

also tried to uninstall Hyper-V feature and reinstall it with powershell, and still no success.

Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V

Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V -All

Any other ideas?

I have Windows 10 Pro, version 1709

Regards,

Igor

Igor Lish, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

problems after upgrading from windows 10 home to pro:- Hyper-V, Uninstalling apps, powershell

1. problems after upgrading from windows 10 home to pro:- Hyper-V, Uninstalling apps, powershell - Similar Threads - problems upgrading home

2. Windows 10 Home Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Home Hyper-V: I'm using the windows 10 home version and my VMware workstation throw an error "VMware workstation and Hyper V not compatible. Remove Hyper-V role from the system". Since I'm using a home version, I cannot disable hyper-v through cmd prompt/ PowerShell/ windows features....
  3. Can I install Hyper-V Powershell Module on Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install Hyper-V Powershell Module on Windows 10 Home?: Hi Sir, I want to use Mount-VHD powershell command on my Windows 10 Home. So, I have to install Hyper-V module. But Windows 10 Home does not have Hyper-V feature and I cannot install Hyper-V powershell module. Can I know the way of using Hyper-V module on Windows 10 home?...
  4. Hyper-V after upgrade to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hyper-V after upgrade to 2004: HI all! I did the upgrade to 2004 last night and when I tried to launch one of my VM's, It came back with the error "the virtual machine is using processor specific features not supported on physical computer". The VM in question was upgraded to 2004 prior to my desktop that...
  5. After Windows 10 Pro upgrade Hyper-V not showing in profile

After Windows 10 Pro upgrade Hyper-V not showing in profile: I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro to take advantage of additional features, but after activation, the account I use as my main account is not showing any Hyper-V Manager or Windows Sandbox applications installed on that account. After switching to my second...
  6. windows 10 pro and hyper-v

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 pro and hyper-v: I have to buy another copy of Win 10 pro in order to setup Hyper-V? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-and-hyper-v/1cfc575c-745d-4990-88ab-58ff447af7a6
  7. Upgraded windows 10 home to 10 pro, but no hyper-v available

Upgraded windows 10 home to 10 pro, but no hyper-v available: I need to install docker in my laptop and for that I need windows 10 pro with hyper -v. i used to have windows 10 home , so i purchased windows 10 pro upgrade key and upgraded my laptop. After up gradation i could not find hyper-v in my system. i checked microsoft community...
  8. Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro: Hi, I have a problem setting up Hyper-V on windows 10 professional. I tryed many steps including: using powershell to enable hyper-v features, using advanced program setup dialog and using DISM. The hyper-v software is installed, but cant run any contrainer, saying...
  9. Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro: Hi, I have a problem setting up Hyper-V on windows 10 professional. I tryed many steps including: using powershell to enable hyper-v features, using advanced program setup dialog and using DISM. The hyper-v software is installed, but cant run any contrainer, saying...
  10. Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?: I have Windows 10 Home - I double checked this under Settings > System > About. Under System Information, I can see that somehow I have Hyper-V (which I read wasn't a feature in Windows 10 Home) enabled. I'm trying to install a Kali VM but I can't disable these features...