Windows 10: Problems After Upgrading to Version 2004

Discus and support Problems After Upgrading to Version 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Dell PC upgraded itself to Version 2004 about four days ago 1 or 2 Sep. Since then, I have had problems that seem to come up overnight. For instance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimShiffrin, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Problems After Upgrading to Version 2004

My Dell PC upgraded itself to Version 2004 about four days ago 1 or 2 Sep. Since then, I have had problems that seem to come up overnight. For instance this morning Firefox had crashed and there were four Exception messages stacked up on the screen. When I cleared all of them, the screen went black and I had to do a manual power off/reboot. All seems OK now except I had to start Firefix twice. Given that this has happened every night, I do not have high hopes for tomorrow!

:)

JimShiffrin, Sep 6, 2020

2. Having problem update to Windows 10, version 2004

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor & I understand from the description that your encountering error while installing the latest windows updates so I suggest you follow the below instructions to upgrade the windows to the latest version 2004 manually
    following the below steps.

Latest Windows Feature Pack 2004 update manually steps:

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Step 4: It will start downloading the update and also shows the percentage of download.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Problem with 2004 IS0

It does help if you read the replies *Wink I mentioned the 4GB Fat32 limit in post #6

As for getting MCT to run on your machines, I showed in post #6 a screenshot of it running on mine.

In post #18 I suggested troubleshooting steps to get the MCT to run, and if that failed a way to split up an install.wim that's larger than 4GB.

Bree, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Problems After Upgrading to Version 2004

Windows 10 version 2004 upgrade fails with error 0xA0000400

Hi,

Did you try using the Media Creation Tool? Please note that even if your device is listed as compatible your device may not work as expected.

Try updating to version 2004 using the Media Creation tool and if it fails let us know.

The fastest way to get the upgrade is through the Media creation tool or ISO file.

Please download Media Creation Tool from the link below and select Upgrade this PC at the first screen.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

All steps, including upgrading using ISO file and Media creation tool, are covered here:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/05/featur...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Problems After Upgrading to Version 2004

1. Problems After Upgrading to Version 2004 - Similar Threads - Problems Upgrading Version

2. After Upgrade to 19041 version problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After Upgrade to 19041 version problem: Hello,Last Friday upgraded system to 19041, but I think I went into a trap.Here it is:After making all available backups and image, mounted the iso file and started the setup.All the time I was offline, internet disconnected.After about 40 minutes had the system back,...
  3. After Upgrade to 19041 version problem

in Windows 10 Support
    After Upgrade to 19041 version problem: Hello,Last Friday upgraded system to 19041, but I think I went into a trap.Here it is:After making all available backups and image, mounted the iso file and started the setup.All the time I was offline, internet disconnected.After about 40 minutes had the system back,...
  4. Upgrade to version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to version 2004: I am currently on version 1909 of Windows 10. I want to upgrade, but not to version 20H2, because some of my friends have issues with 20H2. I would rather upgrade to version 2004. How do I go about doing that?...
  5. Upgrading to version 2004

Upgrading to version 2004: I have an asus pc released in 2019 and i bought it on may 2020 I'm having some issues with version 2004 when i upgraded my service provider took it back to version 1909 now i am unable to get update for ver 2004...
  6. No Internet after upgrading to Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Internet after upgrading to Windows 10 version 2004: After 3 tries, I finally got the latest Windows 10 version 2004 to download and install. However, after installation, there was no wi-fi internet on that computer. I checked my other computer, 3 tablets, printer, and cell phone, there was wi-fi internet on all of them. After...
  7. Problem with update to version 2004

Problem with update to version 2004: When my computer is trying to update, I get roaring fans and beeps that are repeating over and overagain until I press the power button.Any help is highly appreciated...
  8. Error after Windows 10 version 2004 upgrade

Error after Windows 10 version 2004 upgrade: I performed the version 2004 update and now i cant access my computer. I had partitioned stoage and it seems that the system is unable to access files rendering my PC useless. Is there a workaround? Unable to gestora system to previous point or unsintall updates since files...
  9. Problem With Version 2004 Notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem With Version 2004 Notifications: I have a 64 bit Dell machine pretty old. I installed version 2004 it seems to run OK. I use Chrome and I get notifications from different websites. In old previous versions of 10, if I clicked on the notification when it first came in and was on top of all other windows it...
  10. I've got a BSOD after upgrade to version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I've got a BSOD after upgrade to version 2004: Hello, Just received a BSOD after upgrade to Windows 10 2004 version, bluescreenview shows there is some issue with directx12, attaching a screenshot. Can someone help me troubleshoot this thing? [ATTACH]...