Windows 10: Problems after Win 10 version 2004 update

Discus and support Problems after Win 10 version 2004 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, I have noticed several problems after the v2004 update. Dell XPS8920 Desktop - Win10 Pro x64 - 40GB Memory. I'm not going into the problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlesEF, Aug 29, 2020.

1. CharlesEF Win User

Problems after Win 10 version 2004 update

Hi All,

I have noticed several problems after the v2004 update. Dell XPS8920 Desktop - Win10 Pro x64 - 40GB Memory. I'm not going into the problems with Office, but I do have 2 problems I need help with.

Problem 1: When waking from sleep I seem to get this problem randomly. When the desktop wakes I see the splash screen, the screen that shows the date and time, lower left hand corner. At this point I can either press the 'Enter' key or left click the mouse. That should be enough to present me with the PIN screen, so I can enter my PIN. Well, the PIN screen never appears. After about 5 minutes the splash screen reappears but pressing 'Enter' or left clicking the mouse does nothing. The splash screen never reacts. At this point I'm forced to power off the desktop. This is random, it happens every few days or several times a day.

Problem 2: When the desktop boots cold boot the USB stick installed does not get mounted. I have to remove and reinsert it for it to be mounted.

Thanks for any and all help,

Charles

:)

CharlesEF, Aug 29, 2020
  2. OldNavyGuy, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Having problem update to Windows 10, version 2004

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor & I understand from the description that your encountering error while installing the latest windows updates so I suggest you follow the below instructions to upgrade the windows to the latest version 2004 manually
    following the below steps.

Latest Windows Feature Pack 2004 update manually steps:

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Step 4: It will start downloading the update and also shows the percentage of download.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Problems after Win 10 version 2004 update

Win 10 version 2004

Igor,

Thanks for the advise. I have been working on this since i last reported to you.

I have found some problems with Firefox browsers new version causing problems with the CPU and power surge. It came out about the same time as win 2004 update. Since i have rolled all computers back to win 1909, i have had some minor problems with, (Firefox),
    it. I have made some suggested changes, by them, in it and it has stopped causing problems.

I am going to reinstall win 2004 update on one of the PC's and see how it goes. If it don't work, you may be right and i will have to stay at 1909.

Thanks for you time

Gerry

GerryMosby, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Problems after Win 10 version 2004 update

1. Problems after Win 10 version 2004 update - Similar Threads - Problems version 2004

2. Problem with Windows 10 Update Version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with Windows 10 Update Version 2004: Hello For more than 4 months I received an update to version 2004 on my LapTop, that means I have version 1909, however, I had not been able to update yet, as I have not backed up my files, just in case it arises some problem when that version is installed. About Friday I...
  3. Problem with Windows 10 Update Version 2004

Problem with Windows 10 Update Version 2004: Hello For more than 4 months I received an update to version 2004 on my LapTop, that means I have version 1909, however, I had not been able to update yet, as I have not backed up my files, just in case it arises some problem when that version is installed. About Friday I...
  4. version 2004 update problem

version 2004 update problem: I have tried to install version 2004 of Windows 10 on an ACER laptop several times. the installation goes well until it is about 90% complete. Then the laptop hangs, no error message, just hangs. Have to do a hard power shutdown hold power button for several seconds. Laptop...
  5. Windows 10 update version 2004 problems

Windows 10 update version 2004 problems: We have several older PC's in our plant that we have upgraded to Windows 10. They have all worked perfectly until the windows 10 update version 2004. Now they are continuously failing after this update. The disk gives an error stating the drive needs to be formatted. The...
  6. Problem with update to version 2004

Problem with update to version 2004: When my computer is trying to update, I get roaring fans and beeps that are repeating over and overagain until I press the power button.Any help is highly appreciated...
  7. Version 2004 update problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Version 2004 update problem: I have successfully updated a laptop and a desktop from version 1909 to version 2004 with very little difficulty. A second laptop, not so much. When I tried about two months ago it took forever to go through the steps to no avail and no update. I left it alone until recently...
  8. Win 10 Version 2004 problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Version 2004 problems: Hi I should admit I am an Alpha tester for Microsoft Simulator and I noticed Alpha 5 was released today. I downloaded it after uninstalling previous Alpha. When I attempt to run the program I am met with 2 error boxes. (a) One opens and disappears immediately and I am...
  9. Problems after update windows 10 version 2004

Problems after update windows 10 version 2004: Hello, I'm having some troubles after update a few days ago: Hibernate is not working, it just turn off my laptop. Sleep is making the system hang so I have to force shutdown with the power button. Normal shutdown takes a lot of time in comparison with the shutdown time...
  10. Win 10 version 2004

Win 10 version 2004: I had to uninstall it on 2 of my 3 computers. On my main computer i have uninstalled it twice now. They were all updated on the same day. It worked good for about a day on computer #1, both times i put it in. On computer #2 it worked for 2 days. Its still working on #3....