Windows 10: Problems after Win10 upgrade from 8.1

Discus and support Problems after Win10 upgrade from 8.1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed windows 10 and everything supposedly went fine. After logging on, at first, I couldn't access 'Settings' so I couldn't get any updates. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by murof, Sep 11, 2015.

1. murof Win User

Problems after Win10 upgrade from 8.1

I installed windows 10 and everything supposedly went fine.
    After logging on, at first, I couldn't access 'Settings' so I couldn't get any updates. I got that sorted by using a microsoft fix, but now find that when I try to run services.msc from the command prompt I get an error message saying "Windows was unable to open the service control manager database on 10.0.3.19" and "Error 1722: The RPC server is unavailable". Eventually the services module does come up, but all the services are missing, its just a blank form.
    Also I can run "Computer Management" and click on services there and it comes up fine
    The thing is, my pc is on a 192.x.x.x network, why would my pc be trying to open something on this other network? I didn't have any of these problems with win 8.1.
    Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

:)

murof, Sep 11, 2015

2. What if my Win10 crashes on 28 July and I only have a Win8.1 recovery disk?

My laptop comes with a copy of 8.1 and the promise to be able to update to win10 if I choose to. And I've upgraded to Win10. I realized I might run into a problem if I ever need to reset my computer to factory defaults after 29 July. I only have an 8.1 recovery
    disk.

Anyone knows if one can still upgrade the same machine back to Win10 after a 8.1 recovery?

onebiglabrat, Sep 11, 2015
  3. No video after installing Windows10

After upgrading from 8.1 all videos from YouTube and other platforms stop working (seems like never ending upload) even after I've upgrade the latest drivers for my NVIDIA Geforce card. Does anyone have a solution for that? I have seen a lot of people
    on forums with the same problem after upgrading to Win10 . Seems the only solution is to downgrade to the old 8.1 but stable as far as I'm concern.

AdrianKutnik, Sep 11, 2015
  4. Problems after Win10 upgrade from 8.1

DustSailor, Sep 12, 2015
  5. murof Win User
    Thanks for replying, I've already ran sfc and malwarebytes.
    What I really want to find out is how to stop services.msc from attempting to open the services on a remote computer by default and change it to the local computer

murof, Sep 12, 2015
  6. OH! I... didn't catch that at all...

That is pretty strange, and it doesn't seem like it should be normal behavior. But alas, I don't think I have an answer for you *Sad

DustSailor, Sep 12, 2015
  7. rseiler Win User
    Deleting my original post and writing this instead:

You mentioned 10.0.3.19, which isn't your PC. Had you ever used Services to "Connect to another computer," which is under the Actions menu in Services when the console finally comes up? Perhaps when connected up to a VPN and troubleshooting another PC?

Normally, that's not a problem, as the next time you run Services it will forget that you did that and show you services from the local computer. But in our case, perhaps due to a beta bug, Services for whatever reason became fixated on that other PC. I didn't even notice that the name of the PC at the top of the Services console was another one on my LAN (one that I definitely remember connecting to in this way).

To fix, once Services does eventually come up, use its "Connect to another computer" to choose Local Computer. It remembers that.

rseiler, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Problems after Win10 upgrade from 8.1

1. Problems after Win10 upgrade from 8.1 - Similar Threads - Problems Win10 upgrade

2. Upgrade from 8. to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from 8. to 10: Downloading windows 10 from 8.1 this message pops up "This cant run on your PC' What does this mean?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-8-to-10/e8e9e65d-8325-4dc3-bca1-3ce2e1858e46
  3. problem upgrade from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem upgrade from win7 to win10: Install of Windows 10 fails in SAFE_OS during REPLICATE_OC 0x8007001F - 0x20006 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-upgrade-from-win7-to-win10/786ad7bb-b0d8-4a6f-81c1-7898c27765d8
  4. problem upgrade from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem upgrade from win7 to win10: Install of Windows 10 fails in SAFE_OS during REPLICATE_OC 0x8007001F - 0x20006 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-upgrade-from-win7-to-win10/786ad7bb-b0d8-4a6f-81c1-7898c27765d8
  5. problem upgrade from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. upgrade problems from win7 to win10

upgrade problems from win7 to win10: Hi, Having some issues upgrading a windows 7 system to windows 10. Ran the MS upgrade using mediacreationtool1909.exe on an older AMD processor (Athlon II X2 250 3.00ghz 32 bit) and the supporting motherboard, no other devices. It ran for awhile and then failed with this...
  7. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  8. Blue Screen problem after upgrading from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen problem after upgrading from win7 to win10: Hi, I have upgraded to windows 10 and found that the system keeps showing "blue screen" every hour. I had upgraded all drivers and no help. Please help. HarryAttachment 74535 47118
  9. Upgrading Problem From Windows 8 to Windows 10

Upgrading Problem From Windows 8 to Windows 10: I have a laptop with windows 8 I did try to upgrade to windows 10 and it started downloading. It got to 12% and i closed the lid, when i opened the lid it was still at 12%, then after about an hour it was still at 12% I shut down and again once the computer had...
  10. Upgrade from 8 worked

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade from 8 worked: Got a clients PC with 8.0 on it. Decided to see how upgrade to 10 would work. Used the upgrade tool on the MS site. Upgraded and activated. For Free. Anyone know why???*Rolleyes Pete P.S. Not complaining, hade done many while the free offer was still around. This one...