Windows 10: problems after windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support problems after windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hallo, I am having a couple of problems and I don't know if they are related or each needs to dealt with separately. I keep getting this message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by msk, Aug 25, 2015.

1. MSK
    msk Win User

problems after windows 10 upgrade

Hallo,

I am having a couple of problems and I don't know if they are related or each needs to dealt with separately.
    I keep getting this message
    "the external tool disk defragmentation GUI could not be found for os windows unknown major release service pack 0 professional x86 64-bit"

I have a lenovo ThinkPad laptop ...

The other message I get occurs when I try to open the camera when talking to someone for example on skype or facebook camera the message that comes up is "kernel security failure" and a blue screen... then the system restarts

Can anyone help me with this please.

With thanks,

Sofia

:)

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Aug 25, 2015
  3. Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

problems after windows 10 upgrade

1. problems after windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - problems upgrade

2. Can bitlocker create problems during upgrades or updates?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can bitlocker create problems during upgrades or updates?: Hello,I posting to see how medium to large organizations that utilize bitlocker are able to not worry about updates or upgrades with bitlocker.Is there a common management process that allows for this to function consistently? Can updates / upgrades be automated with...
  3. After upgrading to Win 10 from win 7 Device & driver problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After upgrading to Win 10 from win 7 Device & driver problem: I am on HP96After upgrade to Win 10 KB button for disabling/enabling wjfi stopped responding ? Any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-upgrading-to-win-10-from-win-7-device-driver/70be9f6b-305b-4504-b6f1-ed0c29369104
  4. Search Bar Problem/Changes from Dark Mode to Light mode after Upgrading to 21H1

in Cortana
    Search Bar Problem/Changes from Dark Mode to Light mode after Upgrading to 21H1: Since I upgraded to 21H1, my search box in the bottom left sometimes flickers and changes from dark mode to light mode. Ran the search troubleshooter-nothing found. Ran a file integrity check nothing found. How do I get this fixed it is annoying! Instead of the word search in...
  5. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem: I bought a new PC with Windows 10 Home and after making sure it was up to date I went to Settings/Update/Activation/Microsoft Store and purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade. I clicked Install on the Microsoft Store window and when done I got the following error. "We can't...
  6. Upgrade from w7,login problem

Upgrade from w7,login problem: Trying to upgrade from w7 to w10. Login doesnt give local (User/Pass) option. Dont want a microsoft account,any ideas please. 179862
  7. Upgrade to Windows Pro from Home Single Language - Activation Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Windows Pro from Home Single Language - Activation Problem: Hi,I purchased a computer that was Single Language. So I purchased Windows10 Pro from the Microsoft Store. I was successful in it downloading and was able to change the language. However, I am getting a message that Windows is not activated because I do not have a valid...
  8. Activation problems after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation problems after motherboard and cpu upgrade: Can someone reset my activation key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-problems-after-motherboard-and-cpu/fbe5403c-5ed0-4dea-a7a0-de50282e0983
  9. Upgrading to 20h2, problems with Windows updates

Upgrading to 20h2, problems with Windows updates: I have some Windows 10 machines which are not updating via the normal Windows update screen. I have had this problem before when the pc was still running 1909. So I updated the machine to 20h2, which seemed to fix it. But not this time.I had no issues with the upgrade to 20h2...
  10. Problem upgrading to Windows 20H2

Problem upgrading to Windows 20H2: My PC is still running on Windows 10 pro Version 1803 which reaches end of service on 11/5. When trying to download the latest version I get a notice asking me to manually uninstall Avira Antivirus 2018. I do not have this installed in my apps but have tried to install the...