Windows 10: Problems after Windows 10 Upgrade

Discus and support Problems after Windows 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 three days ago and I now have innumerable problems. Firstly I can't open the start menu. If I right click on it I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by holein1, Aug 5, 2015.

1. holein1 Win User

Problems after Windows 10 Upgrade

I upgraded to Windows 10 three days ago and I now have innumerable problems. Firstly I can't open the start menu. If I right click on it I get the usual context menu but left clicking doesn't activate the new start menu. Secondly although I have the search bar I'm not able to type in my search requirement. Thirdly, although I have task bar icons for Edge and the Windows Store I am unable to open either them. As you can imagine my windows 10 is pretty useless to me. Any helpful suggestions will be welcome.

:)

holein1, Aug 5, 2015

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Problems after Windows 10 Upgrade

1. Problems after Windows 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Problems Upgrade

2. After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.

in Windows 10 Support
    After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.: After installing the 1903 upgrade this morning: 1. I could not login onto this computer. User Profile failed to load. I normally login with a PIN. I executed a restart from the login screen and was able to login. During the process, which was slow, I was informed "Windows...
  3. After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.: After installing the 1903 upgrade this morning: 1. I could not login onto this computer. User Profile failed to load. I normally login with a PIN. I executed a restart from the login screen and was able to login. During the process, which was slow, I was informed "Windows...
  4. LAN problem after upgrade to Win10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN problem after upgrade to Win10 version 1903: I have 3 computers in my LAN. Since the last upgrade a month ago, My laptop cannot see or find the desktop PC on the network. I have tried disabling firewalls and manually entering the TCP/IP network addresses on the desktop PC but nothing has worked. Has anyone else...
  5. Facing few problems after upgrading windows from 8.1 to 10

Facing few problems after upgrading windows from 8.1 to 10: Hi, I have upgraded my windows from 8.1 to 10. After the upgrade, I am facing few problems:- 1) Execution of %temp% on Run command box (Windows key and the R key) is failing with following error:- { 2019:05:25 17:49:42:263 Insufficient number of parameters: 8!...
  6. Windows 10 version 1903: some upgrade blocks lifted and new problems

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1903: some upgrade blocks lifted and new problems: Microsoft released the final version of Windows 10 version 1903, the May 2019 Update, at the end of May 2019. The release replaces Windows 10 version 1809 and will be around for longer because Windows 10 19H2, the second feature update of 2019, will just be a cumulative...
  7. Problems like temporary freezing when upgrading to 1903

Problems like temporary freezing when upgrading to 1903: My Toshiba Satellite Radius 14 L40W-C-119 works really fine with windows 10 1803. When I update to 1903, I encounter temporary or not freezes, the mouse not responding or responding late and the CPU working at close to 100% instead of the normal few %. I had to restore...
  8. Shutdown problems since upgrading to 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown problems since upgrading to 1903: I recently installed upgrade 1903 to Windows 10 on my Dell Latitude and to my Surface 3 Professional. Since the upgrade the Dell latitude takes 20 minutes or more to fully shut down. The Surface is running fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  9. Activation problems after upgrading the Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation problems after upgrading the Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education: My new laptop (recently bought) came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled . Since i work at the university as a student, I bought the Windows 10 education upgrade. With this purchase i got a product key which i used to manually upgrade the windows using the option "Change...
  10. Windows 10 problems - question about repair or upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 problems - question about repair or upgrade: I cannot get IIS 10 Express to work. It was suggested that I do a repair to Windows. I currently have build 1809. I made a flash USB drive. Can you point me to correct link to repair my Windows version (without losing my files)? Or is it better to do the new May 2019...