Windows 10: Problems after Windows turns the Displays off

Discus and support Problems after Windows turns the Displays off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone,after trying to fix this problem for ages now, I'd like to ask for some help.If Windows turns of the Display-Output after a configured... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ashtonline, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Problems after Windows turns the Displays off

Hi everyone,after trying to fix this problem for ages now, I'd like to ask for some help.If Windows turns of the Display-Output after a configured amount of time, as soon as I start to use the PC again, it turns on, but the Output freezes.So I basically cannot move my mouse and it doesn't refresh. Sometimes I'm able to still get the media controls for Spotify running without anything on the screen so the System is awake but not visible to me.The Displays are connected over DisplayPort and on manual input select. I've already tried plugging them in again after it freezes, but it didn't help.So

:)

ashtonline, Sep 15, 2021
  2. jorog(2) Win User

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Sep 15, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Power setting turns display off as set but then it turns right back on

Verna,

But you did not look at that tutorial's list of related tutorials for all the other
    Add or Remove ... from Power Options - TenForumsTutorials
    ones. That's what I suggested. The link to that particular tutorial was just a way in to the set of them.

Problems after Windows turns the Displays off [​IMG]

And you'll find even more of the set by searching the list of tutorials.

Denis

4. damtachoa Win User

Problems after Windows turns the Displays off

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Problems after Windows turns the Displays off

1. Problems after Windows turns the Displays off - Similar Threads - Problems turns Displays

2. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity.Razer Blade 14- Windows 11 Home, everything up to date.Monitors: Dell S2721DGF connected via HDMI @144Hz, Dell P2421 connected via DP @60HzSteps to...
  3. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity.Razer Blade 14- Windows 11 Home, everything up to date.Monitors: Dell S2721DGF connected via HDMI @144Hz, Dell P2421 connected via DP @60HzSteps to...
  4. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display not turning off: i am downloading some large files and want the PC to remain on but not the display i did these settings in my power options but the display does not seem to turn off can anyone tell a fix thank you...
  5. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display not turning off: i am downloading some large files and want the PC to remain on but not the display i did these settings in my power options but the display does not seem to turn off can anyone tell a fix thank you...
  6. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity. MOBO: Asus X570-F latest BIOS, tried older versions VGA: nVidia RTX2070 latest driver, tried older versions OS: Windows 10 Pro 20H2, fully updated....
  8. Turning the displays off after locking windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning the displays off after locking windows?: Every time I lock my computer, my 3 monitors will always stay on. I even set it up so pressing the power button will turn off the displays, but after a second they all just turn back on. Is there a way to keep suspend my monitors after locking my computer? I'd rather not...
  9. turn off display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn off display: Hi, I have a screen and a tv plugged in my GC. When the TV is off, I would like the corresponding display to be turned off si my mouse don't get lost on a second screen that is not turned on. Normally I would go in the display setting page and turn it off from the...
  10. Problem with turning off the display device

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problem with turning off the display device: I'm running windows 10 pro on an intel NUC7i5. I'm using my TV as a monitor connected via an HDMI cable. As long as I keep the TV on, windows runs reliably. In fact I have never seen it stop or crash even when running continuously for weeks at a stretch. However if I turn...