Windows 10: Problems and possible bug/flaw in wifi settings.

Discus and support Problems and possible bug/flaw in wifi settings. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Found what I would best describe as a flaw or bug in the windows OS. You can set the IP address of ALL wifi connections under the adapter. But if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EngTech1, Apr 8, 2019.

1. EngTech1 Win User

Problems and possible bug/flaw in wifi settings.

Found what I would best describe as a flaw or bug in the windows OS.

You can set the IP address of ALL wifi connections under the adapter.

But if you go into the WIFI connect properties and try to hard set a ip address instead of dhcp of A access point. The operating system says

"Cant save IP settings. Check one or more settings and try again"

I realize this is a duplicate area of settings. But I think the intention was for this to replace having to change the adapter settings every time you link into a different AP. Its problematic for my use and would like to know a fix or if there is a repair under way.

:)

EngTech1, Apr 8, 2019
  2. VK62 Win User

WiFi list/menu is bugged

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I followed your two steps.

For step 1 : the box was already unchecked.

For step 2 : the driver had already the latest version.

I don't know if the problem is really from the wifi adapter, it seems like a display bug more than a connection bug.

Thanks again for the help.

VK62, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 8, 2019
  4. MDRApps Win User

WiFi connection possible bug

Casey S.

I just updated my windows phone, and my wife's phone, to mango. The Wifi connection bug is still a problem. As noted above, all other devices in my house work fine (laptops, iPod, etc), and the problem appears to be isolated to windows phone. Can you please
    pass along the information above in this thread and the steps to reproduce?

Hopefully a future update will fix this. I am going to purchase a wireless access point and see if that solved the issue for now.

Thanks

- Matt

- UPDATE 11/21

Wireless access point does not work either in my particular configuration. I bought a wireless extender and that works fine. I Believe the original bug is still valid and if possible I would like a response from Microsoft if it can be reproduced given the
    setup I described.

MDRApps, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Problems and possible bug/flaw in wifi settings. - Similar Threads - Problems possible bug

2. problems with wifi quick settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with wifi quick settings: i just updated to Windows 11. When i tried to sign on to a wifi as a guest, it turned out there is no WIFI icon in my quick settings, nor is there a WIFI button in my Network Settings. Was there a glitch in the update? Has this happened to anyone else?...
  3. problems with wifi quick settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems with wifi quick settings: i just updated to Windows 11. When i tried to sign on to a wifi as a guest, it turned out there is no WIFI icon in my quick settings, nor is there a WIFI button in my Network Settings. Was there a glitch in the update? Has this happened to anyone else?...
  4. WiFi problems possible bad driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi problems possible bad driver: I've had problems with the WiFi on my Windows 11 laptop. It does not show the 5G networks even when close to the router other devices can access the 5G networks and it refuses to connect to the 2.4G networks. After saying 'Can't connect to this network', it refreshes and...
  5. WiFi problems possible bad driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi problems possible bad driver: I've had problems with the WiFi on my Windows 11 laptop. It does not show the 5G networks even when close to the router other devices can access the 5G networks and it refuses to connect to the 2.4G networks. After saying 'Can't connect to this network', it refreshes and...
  6. Possible bug with Photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible bug with Photos: [ATTACH] Is this a problem that should be looked at or am I just overly concerned? Thanks in advanced. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/possible-bug-with-photos/9755327f-5632-45f6-bed1-863269af0726
  7. Possible Windows 10 Sound Problem/Bug ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible Windows 10 Sound Problem/Bug ?: Hello there, for the last couple of months i encountered the following problem : Discord (which i use primarily), Skype and Teamspeak 3 (and possible other similar programs) have two sliders in windows volume mixer. One for other peoples voices (which i have at 50%) and one...
  8. Possible Bug?

Possible Bug?: Hi as of the 2004 update I have had issues trying to install programs, I have been trying to install a trial of Autodesk Maya and 3ds Max but neither are installing correctly. I have tried 3 times now. I am going crazy lol. submitted by /u/Cully_83 [link] [comments]...
  9. [BUG] [HELP] Possible bug with Settings header in 20H1

[BUG] [HELP] Possible bug with Settings header in 20H1: So, I just updated my PC to 19041.208 and the settings header doesn't show my profile photo. I wanted to know if this is happening to anyone else. Interestingly enough, if I sign in with my Microsoft account, it does show up. submitted by /u/DominusLux [link] [comments]...
  10. Possible Blue Screen bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Possible Blue Screen bug: Once upon a time there was a blackout in my home. I was bored because I had nothing to do because my phone was low battery but then I remembered I had a laptop. I had low battery so I turned on Battery Saver and Airplane Mode then my laptop froze and I got the Blue Screen. I...