Windows 10: Problems aplenty; including the last attempt disappeared

Discus and support Problems aplenty; including the last attempt disappeared in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I thought that I may have reached some preset limit of words because suddenly I could not type and the cursor sat in the last place it landed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sonny1so2, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Sonny1so2 Win User

Problems aplenty; including the last attempt disappeared

I thought that I may have reached some preset limit of words because suddenly I could not type and the cursor sat in the last place it landed and something happened and everything disappeared. This time I'm copying the URL address and every word in the subject and body of this post. It seems very possible that whatever happened the last time will happen again and I have yet to state what the problem(s) are.

Start with this: this " new to me, store purchased laptop " was sold to me as a " close out " but when I tried to register it HP said that the warranty had expired because " the warrenty starts ' in the store ' from the moment that it is connected to the internet." To make matters worse I discovered that someone named Darrin DeYoung was listed as a user along with " retail administer " With lots of searching and calling it seems that Darrin DeYoung is a default user along with Retail Administrator so a slick video demo playes like a screen saver after there is no use for a period of time. Turns out that these two user should be removed before selling to the public but they weren't removed and the instructions for removing these users is confusing at best since there are numerous sites informing me how to remove them. Several sites seem to suggest that doing this will wipe the hard drive and reinstall windows 10. At this point in time I have created a few files that I would like to keep and I know that I can transfer them to an external device But I would think that either HP or MS would want to do the right thing and walk me through this process rather than posting in a forum in hopes that someone will give me THE right answer instead of a version that I've already read about on the net.

There are numerous features turned off and finding a post here to tell me exaxtly how to turn on " settings and more " in Edge and how to turn on the Favorites or Bookmarks ( whatever it is called ) would help some while I'm waiting for the right answer(s). Try doing a search for that answer. What would you call it? I tried what I thought was the obvious: " turn on settings and more in Edge Broswer " check it out to see what that brings up.

So I created an MS account using outllook so I could post here and use OneDrive. But the joke continues and the skit can be used on South Park or Monty Pyton as it is so hard to believe it can only be used in a comedy skow for others to relate to the insanity of getting a straight answer of the giants of the industry. Outlook wants me to name the last 4 emails sent, the subject in each and the name of the users. Ironically I always test my emails by sending to myself in an older email account. The subject is often simple and the same. So when I got a reply to my recovery account saying there is not enough information to verify that it is me I decided to post here in hopes that an MS employee could address these disasters/cruel jokes.

One more major nightmare is the " I'm not a robot " words. I'm losing my eye-sight so the longer I stare at these letters the harder it is to identify what they are. The audio feature is also a mystery. All of this leads back to the practice of " no customer service " except a robotic " virtual chat tech " or this forum. I'd like to hear an defense of using this system for helping your customers. So for instance, suppose you had to answer the questions before congress. What would you say to a question like: " How do you provide help for the handicap?" Would love to know the answer to that?

:)

Sonny1so2, Oct 30, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 30, 2018
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Problems aplenty; including the last attempt disappeared

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Problems aplenty; including the last attempt disappeared

1. Problems aplenty; including the last attempt disappeared - Similar Threads - Problems aplenty including

2. My audio disappeared in the last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio disappeared in the last update: I have a Dell, my audio disappeared in the last update; I think it was last night. I have the red sand x on my speaker icon. when i hover over it it says "no speakers or headphones plugged in." if i right click, the speaker setup says "unknown". when I go into my sound...
  3. My audio disappeared in the last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio disappeared in the last update: I have a Dell, my audio disappeared in the last update; I think it was last night. I have the red sand x on my speaker icon. when i hover over it it says "no speakers or headphones plugged in." if i right click, the speaker setup says "unknown". when I go into my sound...
  4. My audio disappeared in the last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DESKTOP DISAPPEARED AFTER LAST NIGHT'S UPDATE

in Windows 10 Customization
    DESKTOP DISAPPEARED AFTER LAST NIGHT'S UPDATE: I logged on this morning and everything on my desktop is gone. Windows 10 / 64 Bit This is the update that was installed: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023057/update-reliability-for-windows-10-versions-1507-to-1909 I have tried the following: 1. Disabled...
  6. review last 6 months of sign in attempts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    review last 6 months of sign in attempts: Only 1 month of sign in attempts is available. I have had suspicious threatening email wherein they knew my email password. I would like to know if they signed in and accessed contact list within the last 6 months....
  7. Indexing included locations keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing included locations keep disappearing: Hey guys.... Usually I always have start menu and users in the indexing options...today they disappeared...I rebuilt the index..they came back ... An hour later again their not their.. Any ideas 134259
  8. Indexing included locations keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing included locations keep disappearing: Hey guys.... Usually I always have start menu and users in the indexing options...today they disappeared...I rebuilt the index..they came back ... An hour later again their not their.. Any ideas 134259
  9. Battery problem [Pics included]

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery problem [Pics included]: [img] 2016-11-27, 14:40:22, OK, 18%, 0.00, -1, 1969, , 12.595, 1969, 18.1%, , , , , , , , , , , , 2016-11-27, 14:40:23, OK, 18%, 0.00, -1, 1969, , 12.595, 1969, 99.5%, , , , , , , , , , , , 2016-11-27, 14:40:24, OK, 100%, 0.00, -1, 0, , 12.595, 0, 100.0%, , , , , ,...
  10. Problem with Video Files (including YouTube)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem with Video Files (including YouTube): Hi All, I'm not sure if this goes under Performance & Maintenance or Video/Graphic Cards, but lately, I've been experiencing a lot of artifacts in any video I watch on my computer. This is for any file type (mp4, avi, mkv, etc.). Audio continues fine, but the video...