Windows 10: Problems booting up computer

Discus and support Problems booting up computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer starts up with HP screen then goes black. I have tried resetting my PC and at 46% windows install and first reboot, it goes back to black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RoyOftedal, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Problems booting up computer

My computer starts up with HP screen then goes black. I have tried resetting my PC and at 46% windows install and first

reboot, it goes back to black screen.

:)

RoyOftedal, Mar 25, 2020

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Computer boot problems

Welcome....Will it boot in safe mode? if it does at least it would suggest it's a driver/software problem as opposed to anything more serious.

Tatty_One, Mar 25, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Problems booting up computer

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Problems booting up computer

1. Problems booting up computer - Similar Threads - Problems booting computer

2. Boot-up Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot-up Problem: I am resetting my sister's laptop tonight, and I advice her to watch over her laptop and to not do anything on it. But after an hour she started complaining that the "Reseting PC" was stocked on 51% for already hours and it's not moving. And this is the reason my sister lost...
  3. Computer not booting up saying there is a problem with the drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not booting up saying there is a problem with the drivers: Hey guys,I'm trying to install Windows 10 to a computer using original media downloaded from Microsoft website, but when it's loading I get a BSOD saying there was a problem with a driver and it needs to restart, the file it shows is called storport.sys, I have searched...
  4. Computer not booting up saying there is a problem with the drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not booting up saying there is a problem with the drivers: Hey guys,I'm trying to install Windows 10 to a computer using original media downloaded from Microsoft website, but when it's loading I get a BSOD saying there was a problem with a driver and it needs to restart, the file it shows is called storport.sys, I have searched...
  5. Computer not booting up saying there is a problem with the drivers

6. Boot up problem

Boot up problem: My PC got into BSOD error . I have a bootable pendrive , in order to install window 10 into my Pc i plugged my bootable pendrive into usb port and followed the procedure as described.....I got into BIOS...and disabled secure boot key and pressed f10 to reset and save...
  7. Boot up problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot up problems: I was trying to find my documents that were created on Windows 7. I was advised on the internet that I have to go to windows.old to recover my files, When I tried this the computer asked that II insert a Windows XP dis, which I do not have. I pushed the cancel button but the...
  8. Boot up problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot up problems: I recently cloned a troubled hard drive to a new one but gotten errors such as C:\windows\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt I have tried doing (Windows 10 Installation Media: Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart. Boot from the media. Select Repair Your...
  9. Boot up Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot up Problem: I googled it and i am thinking it may be a virus so i going to wipe the HD and do an image recovery
  10. Boot up Problems

Boot up Problems: Hi Everyone I hope this post is in the right section - apologies if I have got it wrong. Have just replaced a very noisy main drive - cloned the existing drive to a new one - no problem. HOWEVER, when I start up, I am met with a 'this system need repair notice' (or words...