Windows 10: Problems changing the diagnostic data option

Discus and support Problems changing the diagnostic data option in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm interested in trialing the Windows 11 build however to do that I need to turn on "Optional diagnostic data". When I turn this on and go to any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChaoticEvilPanda, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Problems changing the diagnostic data option

I'm interested in trialing the Windows 11 build however to do that I need to turn on "Optional diagnostic data". When I turn this on and go to any other part of settings or close settings it disables this and goes back to the "Required diagnostic data" option. I've looked to see if anyone has the same problem, but I can't seem to find anyone. Does anyone know how to fix this? Sorry if I'm stupid and this has a really simple fix.

:)

ChaoticEvilPanda, Jun 29, 2021

2. Diagnostic Data Collection Options Cannot Be Changed

I was attempting to change the diagnostic data collection from Optional to Required. Every time I selected the Required option and exited that settings page, when I re-entered the Diagnostic Data Collection Settings page, Optional would be selected rather
    than Required. What's going on?

SuicuneFox, Jun 29, 2021
  3. Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

We would like to know more about this concern, kindly answer the following:

• May we know the build of the computer?
    • Any changes on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Aside from the suggested troubleshooting steps on this thread, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Desiree Yau, Jun 29, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Problems changing the diagnostic data option

Brink, Jun 29, 2021
Thema:

Problems changing the diagnostic data option

1. Problems changing the diagnostic data option - Similar Threads - Problems changing diagnostic

2. optional diagnostic data greyed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    optional diagnostic data greyed out: i cant press it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optional-diagnostic-data-greyed-out/37c0c435-28eb-4bf2-993c-c4e3aa07a1b6
  3. Optional diagnostic data greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Optional diagnostic data greyed out: So I was trying to turn on the optional diagnostic data on windows 10 but for some reason it seems to have been greyed out can someone help? I was doing this to get windows 11 and my computer is compatible and meets the requirements for windows 11 so I don't think that is...
  4. Can't switch from Required diagnostic data to Optional diagnostic data

Can't switch from Required diagnostic data to Optional diagnostic data: Hi, I cant switch from Required diagnostic data to Optional diagnostic data. Pls helpVideo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iO4ggbV0Mw4QCHed6fvK5POEJHCUV7ZV/view?usp=sharing...
  5. Removing the graying of optional diagnostic data

Removing the graying of optional diagnostic data: Pls help i am not able to click on optional diagnostic data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-the-graying-of-optional-diagnostic-data/0de6793b-f305-4375-9a34-89dfdc2538d3
  6. Diagnostic Data displays Optional as disabled.

Diagnostic Data displays Optional as disabled.: Hello Team,I am looking out to enable the option for Diagnostic Data = "Optional". Noticed it being disabled I would need pointers which would help me in enabling the option for selection.Thanks & Regards!...
  7. optional diagnostic data unable to be changed

optional diagnostic data unable to be changed: I was trying to sign up for the windows insider programme, it asked me to turn diagnostic data from required to optional. It allows me to change it, but as soon as I exit the page the setting will go back to requiredis this a oversight on my end?thanks in advance...
  8. Browsers affected by Optional diagnostic data

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers affected by Optional diagnostic data: The option "Optional diagnostic data" will send info about websites you browse, according to Settings. But doesn't specify which browsers are that. If that'll be only Edge, or any URL from any browser, say Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc. etc. Any ideas on this? - - - Updated - -...
  9. Diagnostic Data Collection Options Cannot Be Changed

Diagnostic Data Collection Options Cannot Be Changed: I was attempting to change the diagnostic data collection from Optional to Required. Every time I selected the Required option and exited that settings page, when I re-entered the Diagnostic Data Collection Settings page, Optional would be selected rather than Required....
  10. Problem with Diagnostics data.

Problem with Diagnostics data.: Hello, i have a little problem with diagnostics data. I cant share full diagnostics data to windows, and then my computer when i am opening some apps my computer send me notification like this "You will need a new app to open this" something like that. I tried to check on...