Windows 10: problems connecting a device

Discus and support problems connecting a device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I am having big problems connecting my Satnav to my laptop as it just doesn't show up, I have tried turning off my laptop and back on again , I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LisaC8, May 30, 2019.

1. LisaC8 Win User

problems connecting a device

Hi I am having big problems connecting my Satnav to my laptop as it just doesn't show up, I have tried turning off my laptop and back on again , I have tried using a different lead, i've tried using all my USB ports, and I tried uninstalling them and reinstalling them so all my USB ports are up to date and showing that there is no problem with them, but nothing is showing at all when I plug in my Satnav. I never had this problem in Windows 8 and it seems to be since I've been using Windows 10 that I have been having this problem. I tried to uninstall Windows 10 but it won't let me because I've had it too long, so I am at a lost what I can do..Please Help??

:)

LisaC8, May 30, 2019
  2. Hannelore Win User

Project connect to wireless device issue

Thanks for this suggestion; it's made me realise that I think it might be a problem with my tv after all, because now it won't come up anymore in the list of devices. I better check out some help for this tv; maybe something got turned off by mistake.

Hannelore, May 30, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    WiFi Connection Problem

Hello Claire,

For us to isolate the issue you are experiencing, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When did the issue started?
    • Have you made any software or hardware changes to your device prior to the issue?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problem. Here's how to run the troubleshooter:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that resolves the problem.

David Haz, May 30, 2019
  4. problems connecting a device

Internet connectivity problems

Hello Walrus,

There can be a number of reasons for no internet connection in Windows, some common reasons that can cause these problems are:

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article
    to help you troubleshoot and resolve network connection issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 30, 2019
Thema:

problems connecting a device

1. problems connecting a device - Similar Threads - problems connecting device

2. Problem with connecting Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with connecting Bluetooth device: I have a Lenovo Laptop AMD ryzen 3 and integrated graphics, that too AMD and for the past few months, whenever I try to connect my Bluetooth earphones, they just start glitching and disconnect and reconnect very fast the device connects and reconnects probably 4-5 times per...
  3. Problem with connecting Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with connecting Bluetooth device: I have a Lenovo Laptop AMD ryzen 3 and integrated graphics, that too AMD and for the past few months, whenever I try to connect my Bluetooth earphones, they just start glitching and disconnect and reconnect very fast the device connects and reconnects probably 4-5 times per...
  4. Problem with device connected to your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with device connected to your PC: Hey I recently got a older Acer from a relative and I went to start it up and it keeps a blue screen up saying RECOVERY there is a problem with a device connected to your PC I keep trying to try again but it doesn't work and keeps looping back that screen Any help would be...
  5. Family Safety Connect Device problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Connect Device problems: I have a child set-up in the family safety, they have been invited and accepted. I can see them, but there is no device connected to them. The instructions say to Go to Windows Settings Go to Accounts Go to Family & other people Under Your family, select your child, then...
  6. Family Safety Connect Device problems

Family Safety Connect Device problems: I have a child set-up in the family safety, they have been invited and accepted. I can see them, but there is no device connected to them. The instructions say to Go to Windows Settings Go to Accounts Go to Family & other people Under Your family, select your child, then...
  7. "Try to connect device again" problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Try to connect device again" problem: Whenever trying to connect my Xbox controller to my bluetooth enabled pc it says it cannot connect. This is starting to anger me because none of the helpful things I have watched or went into live chats on the windows website has worked. Whenever attempting to connect my...
  8. "Try to connect device again" problem

"Try to connect device again" problem: Whenever trying to connect my Xbox controller to my bluetooth enabled pc it says it cannot connect. This is starting to anger me because none of the helpful things I have watched or went into live chats on the windows website has worked. Whenever attempting to connect my...
  9. problems with bluetooth and device connectivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problems with bluetooth and device connectivity: dear community, i have just upgraded my laptop from windows 8 to windows 10 and the bluetooth was working just fine. after a while suddenly it stopped working. my pc wont recognise any of the bluetooth devices. to top it all off, my device wont connect to any of the ohines...
  10. Problem with Device Manager & Network Connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Device Manager & Network Connection: I have a Windows 10 64-bit HP laptop that's about a year old. Today, when I got home from work, I noticed that it seemed to have restarted, so I assumed it had downloaded a Windows update. However, I suddenly have a number of problems that I didn't have this morning before...