Windows 10: Problems connecting Sony my WH-1000XM4's headset to my windows 11 pc by Bluetooth

Discus and support Problems connecting Sony my WH-1000XM4's headset to my windows 11 pc by Bluetooth in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In the start, I couldn't get them to show up as a device at all. I deleted all my Bluetooth drivers. That didn't work. Sometimes they do show up and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sander Ervik-Larsen, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Problems connecting Sony my WH-1000XM4's headset to my windows 11 pc by Bluetooth

In the start, I couldn't get them to show up as a device at all. I deleted all my Bluetooth drivers. That didn't work. Sometimes they do show up and I manage to connect to them, but when even if it says I am connected I can't get any sound through them. I have been to my audio settings to choose audio output and they don't even show up as a choice. Dont know what to do now. Any ideas?Edit:I have also factory reset my headset. Did nothing. :/

:)

Sander Ervik-Larsen, Mar 25, 2023

2. Bluetooth Sound Output with Sony WH 1000xm4

I have a new pair of Sony WH 1000xm4 bluetooth headphones that pair and play with my iPhone no problem. With Windows 10, I am able to pair the headphones and they show up as a paired bluetooth device, but then there is no option to select them as the sound
    output. I am using an MSI g66 stealth laptop. I have the latest version of windows (version 2004).

I have tried all the usual steps (unpairing and re-pairing, updating windows, updating firmware on the headphones, coming back the next day and trying all of those steps again). I have also sought support through windows who has recommended uninstalling
    and reinstalling the drivers, which I have done a few times now without fixing the problem.

Put another way, the central problem is that in the device manager the headphones show up as a bluetooth device, but NOT under 'Audio inputs and outputs' and therefore I am unable to select them as an audio output under windows settings

My hunch is that the windows driver is screwed up. I think I want to try installing a third party driver, but I do not know which driver.

john_11_22, Mar 25, 2023
  3. Sony WH-CH400 Headset device did connect thoroug

I bought Sony WH-CH 400 wireless headset but, my laptop MSI GS65 window 10 did not show the device when I trun on Bluetooth. I even tried to do add another device, yet it did not shows WH-CH 400. I would like to know if anyone know that Wh-CH400 connect
    to window 10 devices or not. And also I like to know if it is my laptop hardware problems .

lokendratamang, Mar 25, 2023
  4. MrSpence Win User

Problems connecting Sony my WH-1000XM4's headset to my windows 11 pc by Bluetooth

Unable to connect WH-1000XM3 headset to Windows 10 PC.

I have spent way too many hours now trying to reconnect my bluetooth headset to my stationary PC. I need help.

I've reached the conclusion so far, that the issue might be with the microsoft bluetooth drivers.

The issue:

After recently disconnecting my bluetooth headset from my PC, I was unable to reconnect. When I put the headset in pairing-mode, and search for available bluetooth devices, the avaiable bluetooth device I see is "LE_WH-1000XM3". This device is not recognized as a headset, and adding it brings me no closer to connecting. It adds the device as "Unrecognized", Shows: "Connected", and shortly after "Paired".

I've tried most tricks in the book. From SFC scans, updating windows, installing the most recent drivers (see below), removing and reconnecting the devices, removing and reinstalling all bluetooth-dongle related drivers, removing and reinstalling realtek audio drivers. I've unsuccessfully tried to manually delete the driver files.

The odd things I've noticed:

ODDITY 1: I cannot completely remove the drivers identified as relating to WH-1000XM3. They show up in devices and drivers every time new hardware changes are identified (even though headset is turned off):

--- Other devices > AudioWear

--- Other devices > AudioWear Voice

--- Other devices > CSR GAIA(TM)

--- Bluetooth > LE_WH-1000XM3

--- Bluetooth > WH-1000XM3

--- Bluetooth > WH-1000XM3 Avrcp Transport

--- Sound - Video and game controllers > WH-1000XM3 Stereo

If I go through the process of deleting the devices (headset is turned off):

1. Settings > Bluetooth and other devices

2. Select WH-1000XM3 and/or LE_WH-1000XM3 and choose remove.

3. Go to Device Manager, and see that all the driver entries above are gone.

4. Search for hardware changes

5. The device drivers mentioned above appear again. I do not know how or why or from where they are recovered, because the PC should not still store data on that headset. And it's turned off, so not discoverable via bluetooth.

ODDITY 2:

This goes for most of the bluetooth devices. If I go to Device manager > Events, I see every time I reconnect a device, I receive the following error or similar:

Device BTHENUM\Dev_94DB5618E6D6\8&1f614739&0&BluetoothDevice_94DB5618E6D6 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: BTHENUM\Dev_000C8A98862B\8&2c67b990&0&BluetoothDevice_000C8A98862B

Class Guid: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}

Location Path:

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFF0000F120

Present: false

ODDITY 3:

1. When I go through the steps described in "The issue", I can add the LE_WH1000XM3 device. If I do so, it shows up under "Other devices".
    2. I then go into device manager, update the driver of "Bluetooth > WH-1000XM3" using the steps "Select driver on this computer" and "Select from a list of drivers" -> Only one driver displays: "Bluetooth-device"
    3. I can now go back to settings > Bluetooth and other devices, and the headset shows up as WH-1000XM3. It is now recognized as a headset. But if I turn on my headset and try to connect, it skips briefly to "Connected" and then returns to "Paired". I can still not connect to the headset.
    Systems and drivers involved (17-11-2021):

* gigabyte b450m ds3h - (BIOS v. F62d [most recent as per gigabyte])

* ASUS BT-400 Bluetooth dongle (Driver version Broadcom 12.0.1.658 [most recent per manufacturer])

* Sony WH-1000XM3 headset (Drivers seem to be Microsoft standard bluetooth drivers. No drivers from supplier)

* Windows 10 build 19044 [all recommended updates installed]

* (Realtek Audio driver: 6.0.9225.1 [most recent as per gigabyte])

The background info:

I have for some time struggled with the fact that I had to enter pairing mode every time I started the headset to connect to my PC. I decided to remove and re-add the device. I was unable to re-add the device.

The headset works flawlessly with my laptop (also Win10 19043) and my mobile phone (android).

The bluetooth dongle works flawlessly with other bluetooth headsets and devices.

This leads me to think that there is an issue with the microsoft driver.

Ps. If your name is Greg, and you want me to step through a 500-line list of standard mitigating steps, save yourself the hazzle and don't respond. Your response is the equivalent of going to the doctor and having a medical textbook shoved in your face with a message of "follow this guide and you will be cured". It might be well wished, but it's of no help.

MrSpence, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

Problems connecting Sony my WH-1000XM4's headset to my windows 11 pc by Bluetooth

1. Problems connecting Sony my WH-1000XM4's headset to my windows 11 pc by Bluetooth - Similar Threads - Problems connecting Sony

2. sony wh-1000xm4 will not connect to lenovo laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sony wh-1000xm4 will not connect to lenovo laptop.: sony wh-1000xm4 will not connect to lenovo laptop. They connected to my old lenovo and I have since deleted them from that laptop but they never show up in the list of devices to connect to. they connect fine to my samsung phone. i've done all available updates but nothing...
  3. sony wh-1000xm4 will not connect to lenovo laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sony wh-1000xm4 will not connect to lenovo laptop.: sony wh-1000xm4 will not connect to lenovo laptop. They connected to my old lenovo and I have since deleted them from that laptop but they never show up in the list of devices to connect to. they connect fine to my samsung phone. i've done all available updates but nothing...
  4. Bluetooth Audio Output/Input for Sony WH-1000XM4 Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Audio Output/Input for Sony WH-1000XM4 Not Working: I have been using my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones with my Windows 11 PC for more than 100 days with no issues. Recently, the device stopped being recognized by my system as an input-output device. It connects over Bluetooth, videos pause when I take my headphones off as they...
  5. Bluetooth Audio Output/Input for Sony WH-1000XM4 Not Working

Bluetooth Audio Output/Input for Sony WH-1000XM4 Not Working: I have been using my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones with my Windows 11 PC for more than 100 days with no issues. Recently, the device stopped being recognized by my system as an input-output device. It connects over Bluetooth, videos pause when I take my headphones off as they...
  6. Problems connecting Sony my WH-1000XM4's headset to my windows 11 pc by Bluetooth

Problems connecting Sony my WH-1000XM4's headset to my windows 11 pc by Bluetooth: In the start, I couldn't get them to show up as a device at all. I deleted all my Bluetooth drivers. That didn't work. Sometimes they do show up and I manage to connect to them, but when even if it says I am connected I can't get any sound through them. I have been to my...
  7. WH-1000XM4 and Bluetooth pairing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WH-1000XM4 and Bluetooth pairing: Is there a good way to force driver updates and fixes? I have my Sony headset and it keeps switching to hands free AG... I tried restarting, uninstalling, using the run commands to look for messed up drivers, blocking hands free ag(which then blocks the headset from any...
  8. Sound Input issues with Sony WH-1000xM4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Input issues with Sony WH-1000xM4: I've recently bought a pair of Sony's WH-1000xM4 headphones to use with my Surface Pro X. I have managed to pair them using bluetooth and can get the sound output to work properly, but I can't seem to get them to work as an input device. The option exists to select them as an...
  9. Can't get Sony 1000XM4's to connect to PC

Can't get Sony 1000XM4's to connect to PC: On my desktop PC I can not get my headphones to work properly. It will pair and connect for about half a second then disconnect and just will not pair again. It always says "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try again." I am...
  10. Bluetooth Sound Output with Sony WH 1000xm4

Bluetooth Sound Output with Sony WH 1000xm4: I have a new pair of Sony WH 1000xm4 bluetooth headphones that pair and play with my iPhone no problem. With Windows 10, I am able to pair the headphones and they show up as a paired bluetooth device, but then there is no option to select them as the sound output. I am using...