Windows 10: Problems continue after WIN updates

Discus and support Problems continue after WIN updates in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 3 weeks ago Updates totally disrupted my computer and it failed to recognize me or log me in. Updates were done when I believe the computer was in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeffJewitt, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Problems continue after WIN updates

3 weeks ago Updates totally disrupted my computer and it failed to recognize me or log me in. Updates were done when I believe the computer was in hibernation mode at night. I did system restore to restore functionality and have only manually updated since then, Today Edge updated and afterwards, I could not open outlook except in safe mode. I ran outlook diagnostics but that didnt work. I repaired Office through on-line update and still no go. I finally did a system restore to before update, but system restore said it did not complete. However outlook works now. It does appear that it is the old Edge though. Any ideas - am afraid to update anything now,

Running WIN 10 x86 Dell Optiplex 7050

:)

JeffJewitt, Jul 15, 2020
  2. DonWyman Win User

Win 10 build 10240 to Threshold 2 update problem on 16G tablet

Thanks, that is a very comprehensive list of suggestions. However, I have done almost all of the steps you've listed...except uninstalling the apps. Even if I deleted virtually all my installed apps (most were installed on the D drive anyway, except for the ones that would only install on C), it may leave just barely enough room to get to the 5G needed for the install...but then where would I be.....an operating system running on a tablet, with hardly any apps on it....an anchor! The problem with apparently no answer is WinSxS!

It seems that even though Win 10 will install and run on the small little 16G tablets, they can not be updated over a period of time as the Windows and WinSxS folder continue to grow out of bounds. Thus leaving a 16G C drive device fairly useless for any useful purpose. The only option (it appears), is to do a fresh reformat and install, with every new Win 10 upgrade down the line, thus starting with a small WinSxS each time, instead of one that balloons with every program install and software upgrade.

Any other ideas, greatly accepted....thanks all!

DonWyman, Jul 15, 2020
  3. lse123 Win User
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Jul 15, 2020
  4. yahanna Win User

Problems continue after WIN updates

EMERGENCY - Boot Loop After Win Update

Hi zbook,

I already answered him that "Fix VSS Problems" doesnt fix the problem. What do you suggest?

yahanna, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Problems continue after WIN updates

1. Problems continue after WIN updates - Similar Threads - Problems continue updates

2. continuing problems updating Win 10 pro 2022H2 - we couldn't complete the update - undoing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    continuing problems updating Win 10 pro 2022H2 - we couldn't complete the update - undoing...: Environment: Dual boot environment with Windos 10 Pro 22H2 - Linux Mint 23.1 Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎21.‎04.‎2021 OS build 19045.3930 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 2 years ago moved the windows installation to a new SSD...
  3. Windows 10 Continuing Update Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Continuing Update Problem: Can anyone tell me how to get past the following Windows 10 update problem? Windows downloads the update and begins installing with the following message -“2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441Status: Installing - 0%” After trying...
  4. Windows 10 Continuing Update Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Continuing Update Problem: Can anyone tell me how to get past the following Windows 10 update problem? Windows downloads the update and begins installing with the following message -“2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441Status: Installing - 0%” After trying...
  5. Windows 10 Continuing Update Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. The problem continues...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The problem continues...: Check out my other post about my problem to understand what's going on: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-ethernet-on-my-computer-is-just-confusing/61ea3a31-f19d-4ff1-a3a1-8e75d819137a So my problem went away! For about 3 days. Then yesterday,...
  7. Problems after latest Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after latest Win 10 update: some programs won't work after latest Win 10 update, and my password manager won't run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-after-latest-win-10-update/9c4a91d7-70b6-4236-8f76-7745a7984356
  8. HDMI Problem after Update win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Problem after Update win 10: I Have dell Inspiron 5567 I use to them my htc Vive, and they were working fine. But after the update they stopped, when I try to connect the VR google say I should connect them to property HDMI but I have only one, I did reinstall graphic drivers of both graphic htc...
  9. continuing problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    continuing problems: so i have few problams first i caNT USE MY START BUTTON OR RIGHT CLICK nything on the task bar and when i do thge updaTE for windows 10 it make my pc run really hot NS WHEN MY GAME IS ON IT MAKES THE CPU RUN AT 80-95% WHEN ITS SUPPOSED TO RUN MAX 20% NOW I TRIED DOING THE 4...
  10. Problem after big Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem after big Win 10 update: After the BIG 3-4GB update some days ago my printer driver was gone. I reinstalled it and thought all was good ... but after booting up next day my network (ethernet cable) wasn´t working! I ran the diagnose test and got follwing message "Windows couldn't automatically...