Windows 10: Problems creating a session from a machine other than the headnode

Discus and support Problems creating a session from a machine other than the headnode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When trying to run the sample for the FirstSOAService an error occurs when the program is deployed to any other machine than the head-node. I compiled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Marcel Bruins, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Problems creating a session from a machine other than the headnode

When trying to run the sample for the FirstSOAService an error occurs when the program is deployed to any other machine than the head-node.
    I compiled the following code :
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    namespace Microsoft.Hpc.SOASample.FirstSOAService{
    using System;
    using Client.ServiceReference1;
    using Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Session;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using eNose_Aethena.Generic;
    using eNose_Aethena.Generic.Datasets;

class Program {
    static void Main(string[] args){
    SessionStartInfo info = new SessionStartInfo("ENO-AP5", "CalculatorService");
    using (Session session = Session.CreateSession(info)){
    Console.WriteLine("Session {0} has been created", session.Id);
    using (BrokerClient<ICalculator> client = new BrokerClient<ICalculator>(session)){
    AddRequest request = new AddRequest(1, 2);
    client.SendRequest<AddRequest>(request);
    client.EndRequests();

foreach (BrokerResponse<AddResponse> response in client.GetResponses<AddResponse>()){
    double result = response.Result.AddResult;
    Console.WriteLine("Add 1 and 2, and we get {0}", result);
    }
    client.Close();
    }
    session.Close();
    }

Console.WriteLine("Done invoking SOA service");
    Console.WriteLine("Press any key to exit");
    Console.ReadKey();
    }
    }
    }
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Running this code on the Head Node results in the following output
    Session 56 has been created
    Add 1 and 2, and we get 3
    Done invoking SOA service
    Press any key to exit
    This is the expected output.

Trying to run the code on any other machine ( I tried my develop machine and a Compute Node inside the Cluster) result in the following error
    Unhandled Exception: Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Session.SessionException: Unknown error occured: {0}.
    at Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Session.Internal.OnPremiseSessionFactory.<CreateSession>d__0.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Session.V3Session.<CreateSessionAsync>d__16.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Session.Session.<CreateSessionAsync>d__25.MoveNext()
    at Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Session.Session.CreateSession(SessionStartInfo startInfo, Binding binding)
    at Microsoft.Hpc.SOASample.FirstSOAService.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Temp\Simple Service\Client\Program.cs:line 15

I can not find what might be causing this error..
    I'm sure it shoud be possible to run this code from another machine.

:)

Marcel Bruins, Nov 7, 2019
  2. aymb51 Win User

Created a new session and new problems

Hello,

After Windows AU, I've created a new windows session for my bro. I've launched it and i've got a lot of problem :

• Taskbar and start menu isn't working.
    • The font of Chrome and a lot of other Apps are pixelized
    • Can't access to the settings app.
    • When I drag a window, The window disappear and there is a black frame around the windows. When I stop, the windows reappears.
    And all I've quoted here works perfect on my other session .

Help please ! Thx

aymb51, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Created a new session and new problems

Hi,

Just to clarify, what exactly do you mean by "Created a new session", are you referring to creating new user profile?

I suggest you to create a local user account and check if it issue persist.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...18c/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Problems creating a session from a machine other than the headnode

System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Problems creating a session from a machine other than the headnode

1. Problems creating a session from a machine other than the headnode - Similar Threads - Problems creating session

2. Cannot create virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create virtual machine: In multiple attempts I have not been able to create a virtual machine in Windows 10 that can enable mouse capture. Both Hyper-V and VirtualBox will create an Ubuntu server, but mouse capture cannot be enabled. I've tried two Windows 10 systems, each running 22H2, 19045.3803....
  3. Buying Windows from a site other than Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Buying Windows from a site other than Microsoft: I am a user living in Iran and I wanted to buy Windows 11 from Microsoft, but I could not afford it.On the other hand, there are many sites in our country that have bought and sold Windows 10 or 11 from the Microsoft site, and they are cheaper than the price in Microsoft. I...
  4. Buying Windows from a site other than Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Buying Windows from a site other than Microsoft: I am a user living in Iran and I wanted to buy Windows 11 from Microsoft, but I could not afford it.On the other hand, there are many sites in our country that have bought and sold Windows 10 or 11 from the Microsoft site, and they are cheaper than the price in Microsoft. I...
  5. Deployment Tools Prompt iscdimg.exe is valid,but is for a machine type other than the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deployment Tools Prompt iscdimg.exe is valid,but is for a machine type other than the...: anyone can help me solve this prompt? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deployment-tools-prompt-iscdimgexe-is-validbut-is/406c3e08-3836-49d3-8d66-5788429d96ae
  6. Deployment Tools Prompt iscdimg.exe is valid,but is for a machine type other than the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deployment Tools Prompt iscdimg.exe is valid,but is for a machine type other than the...: anyone can help me solve this prompt? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deployment-tools-prompt-iscdimgexe-is-validbut-is/406c3e08-3836-49d3-8d66-5788429d96ae
  7. Can not create a restore point on drives other than C:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not create a restore point on drives other than C:: Hello, Lately I've been running out of space on my system drive C: so I disabled the system restore point on C: and I'm trying to enable system restore on my other drives but the option is greyed out....
  8. backup files from more than 1 machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup files from more than 1 machine: Hi I have several laptops in the family all running windows 10. I have two questions Question1 I want to back them all up to one external drive. When I set up backup options (in settings) it doesn't give me the option to create a folder to put each back up - it just...
  9. Create VM from physical machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Create VM from physical machine: My machine has a non-clean install of win 10, which I have been using for months. I would like to do a clean install of windows 10, but I don't want to be down for days getting everything setup. So I figured I would run it in a VM on the newly installed OS while I set things...
  10. Cant loginto microsoft Onedrive from other computers other than the on

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant loginto microsoft Onedrive from other computers other than the on: Hi all, I have been using Microsoft Office 365 Education suite for a while. Here is the information from the subscriptions page: Imgur My personal computer has OneDrive (Windows 10) installed and I have been using it for a few months to sync my files to the cloud...