Windows 10: Problems discoverying PCs on same domain network

Discus and support Problems discoverying PCs on same domain network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings all All my PCs run W10 Pro and are on the same domain managed by a W2016 server I am not able to discover the other PCs despite all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Agiro, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Agiro Win User

Problems discoverying PCs on same domain network

Greetings all

All my PCs run W10 Pro and are on the same domain managed by a W2016 server

I am not able to discover the other PCs despite all services and sharing options are running or enabled.

from each PC I can see the server and the shares.

on different PCs I can see other PCs but not reciprocally

Why is it so complicated to achieve this task where 1 PC can see all the others and not just part of them.

Is there a check list I can follow to be sure each PC is properly configured.

I saw many threats also complaining about W10 virtues. :- in this respect but we have to live with that.

Any guideline is super welcome

Thanks in advance

Giancarlo

:)

Agiro, Mar 6, 2020

2. Cannot keep Network Discovery Enabled.

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I would suggest that you change the settings in the Firewall to allow Network discovery so that the Firewall stays On while allowing the Network discovery to be enabled.

Follow the steps.

a . Open Control panel.

b. Small icons from the drop down.

c. Click on Windows Firewall.

d. Click on Allow programs or feature through Firewall.

e. Scroll the list and check Network Discovery.

If you need additional assistance then let us know.

Ruth Buruga, Mar 6, 2020
  3. updates messed up my network discovery and now my other network computers and hp printer not discovered

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you and We apologies for delay in responding.

This issue might occur due to incorrect settings. I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

For each of the machines experiencing this behavior, will you please perform the following:

Step 1: Ensure Network Discovery is enabled.

• Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings
    • For each Network Category (Public, Private, Domain) you wish to have the feature enabled, click the arrow to the right of the category to expand it, and select “Turn on network discovery” & check “Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices”
    Step 2: Ensure that Network Discovery is allowed inbound in the Windows Firewall (in addition to any other firewall in use).

• [Windows Key + R] > Firewall.cpl
    • Click “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall” in the left pane.
    • In the Allowed apps and features scroll box, find “Network Discovery”.
    • Make sure it is checked for all of the Network categories that you have enabled.
    Step 3: Ensure the necessary services are started.

• [Windows Key + R] > Services.msc
    • Base Filtering Engine(BFE)
    • Computer Browser(Browser)
    • DHCP Client(DHCP)
    • DNS Client(DNSCache)
    • Network Connection (NetMan)
    • Network Location Awareness(NLASvc)
    • Remote Procedure Call (RPC)(RPCSS)
    • Server(LANManServer)
    • SSDP Discovery (SSDPSrv)
    • TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper (LMHosts)
    • Workstation(LANManWorkstation)

Step 4: I would suggest you to run Home Group troubleshooter and see if that helps.
    • Click Start and type troubleshooting in the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Run HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    Let us know the update after you try the above steps.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Problems discoverying PCs on same domain network

Network Discovery Spotty

Hello,

For each of the machines experiencing this behavior, will you please perform the following:

• Ensure Network Discovery is enabled.

• Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings

• For each Network Category (Public, Private, Domain) you wish to have the feature enabled, click the arrow to the right of the category to expand it, and select “Turn on network discovery” & check “Turn on automatic setup of network
          connected devices”

• Ensure that Network Discovery is allowed inbound in the Windows Firewall (in addition to any other firewall in use).

• [Windows Key + R] > Firewall.cpl

• Click “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall” in the left pane.

• In the Allowed apps and features scroll box, find “Network Discovery”.

• Make sure it is checked for all of the Network categories that you have enabled.

• Ensure the necessary services are started.

• [Windows Key + R] > Services.msc

• Base Filtering Engine
          (BFE)

• Computer Browser
          (Browser)

• DHCP Client
          (DHCP)

• DNS Client
          (DNSCache)

• Network Connection
          (NetMan)

• Network Location Awareness (NLASvc)

• Remote Procedure Call (RPC) (RPCSS)

• Server
          (LANManServer)

• SSDP Discovery
          (SSDPSrv)

• TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
          (LMHosts)

• Workstation
          (LANManWorkstation)

• Ensure the network interface that is connected to the network you want devices discovered is in the appropriate network category.

• [Windows Key + R] > Cmd.exe

• Type “PowerShell.exe Get-NetConnectionProfile”
    In this output you will find Network Category, which needs to correspond to the category enabled through the firewall, as well as when Network Discovery is turned on.

• For machines with multiple interfaces, you will need to know the name of the interface which is connected to the network with the devices you wish to be discovered

• Ensure your Network bindings are correct.

• [Windows + R] > NCPA.cpl

• Right click the interface and select Properties

• Ensure the bindings are bound

• Client for Microsoft Networks

• File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks

• Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver

• Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder

• Microsoft LLDP Protocol Driver

• Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)

• Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)

• If any of these are unbound, try rebinding, and if that still doesn’t work, from an elevated command prompt, run
          “NetCfg.exe –d”

Hope this helps

Dusty Harper [MSFT], Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Problems discoverying PCs on same domain network

1. Problems discoverying PCs on same domain network - Similar Threads - Problems discoverying PCs

2. Network discovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network discovery: I am using Windows 10. I have set up a disk drive on the Wi-Fi router, but I cannot see it on Windows file explorer under Network. Even though I turn on network discovery, I still cannot see my network devices. Please help! Thank you so much.b...
  3. network discovery problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network discovery problem: Windows Pro 10, with latest updates applied. I have an annoying problem. Sometimes when I click on network in the file explorer ap, I get shown a computer on the network that is not part of my local network. One such name is PIX-STAR-70d09. If I click on that computer, I get...
  4. Network Discovery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Discovery: I have a server running windows server 2008 r2 and the network discovery is on. On why windows 10 pc I don't see it. I can see my windows 10 machine on the server-side but not the other way. Any solutions, or suggestions. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. submitted by...
  5. network discovery

network discovery: I am trying to add a printer connected to another PC, both win10Pro although I can see the other pc when I try to connect the printer get a message saying contact network admin for permissions. Pc #2 has been shared, same with printer, files and sharing activated, I read...
  6. New computer network discovery problem

New computer network discovery problem: I have a wireless home network that involves a desktop running Windows 7 and 2 laptops running Windows 10 Home, version 10.0 18362 Build 18362. Everything works good between these 3 computers. I have tried to add a 3rd Laptop, also running Windows 10, and there is where my...
  7. Network discovery problem

Network discovery problem: I have 4 computers all connected to a switch via ethernet cable. The switch is ethernet connected to the router/modem and all IP address are reserved/administered in the router by the individual MAC address of each computer. All computers are win 10 pro, either ver 1803 or...
  8. Network Discovery.

Network Discovery.: Network Discovery. I added a USB memory stick to my router (as suggested by Computer Active) I tried to access it from my laptop by trying \\192.168.1.1 (My router default gateway) as suggested in the article. It came back with Network Discovery must be switched on - - - - -...
  9. Some PCs are not discoverable on the domain network

Some PCs are not discoverable on the domain network: Some of the PCs at work are defining the network as "Domain Network". These PCs are neither discovering the other PCs on the same network, nor they are discoverable to the other PCs. On the other hand, some other PCs are defining the same domain network as "Private Network",...
  10. Some PCs are not discoverable on the domain network

Some PCs are not discoverable on the domain network: Some of the PCs at work are defining the network as "Domain Network". These PCs are neither discovering the other PCs on the same network, nor they are discoverable to the other PCs. On the other hand, some other PCs are defining the same domain network as "Private Network",...