Windows 10: PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING IN WINDOWS 10

Discus and support PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING IN WINDOWS 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have noticed that I am having difficulty downloading certain things such as pictures and some updates, this seems to have started a week ago,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by togorman, Dec 18, 2020.

1. togorman Win User

PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING IN WINDOWS 10

I have noticed that I am having difficulty downloading certain things such as pictures and some updates, this seems to have started a week ago, although I didn't realise it at the time.

I've searched online and tried a couple of things like changing windows update to 'automatic' rather than 'manual' which is was on using the services.msc process and changing a couple of other things in here too Bits and something else beginning with C and this hasn't worked.

I've disabled Windows Defender too as I have a different Firewall and Antivirus I use and have used for several years, and still no joy.

In Windows Update it states my last update was 18.12.20. Tonight I have just downloaded two software updates and one driver update which was successful.

I am trying to update Glary's Utilities as this has two updates neither of which will install, when I try to download that or a picture, all it keeps saying is couldn't install.

Can anyone help with this.

I have an Asus Vivobook 17

Windows 10 - which Edge has updated about twice since I had the pc in April this year.

I am worried about my pc's security if I am unable to update the software I use for protection.

Thank you

:)

togorman, Dec 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 18, 2020
  4. PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING IN WINDOWS 10

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING IN WINDOWS 10

1. PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING IN WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING

2. File download problem or download problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File download problem or download problem: Hello there,I am using windows 11 version and I am facing issue of file downloading,I can't download any file or any application My updates are up to date,like I can't download any file from WhatsApp windows version,and can't download any application from epic games launcher,...
  3. File download problem or download problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File download problem or download problem: Hello there,I am using windows 11 version and I am facing issue of file downloading,I can't download any file or any application My updates are up to date,like I can't download any file from WhatsApp windows version,and can't download any application from epic games launcher,...
  4. Problem downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86: So I've been trying to download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86 and x64 as its a required to download a game on EA, I cannot finish downloading it because I don't have it. I've tried downloading all versions including the most up to date one, but for...
  5. Problem downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86

Problem downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86: So I've been trying to download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86 and x64 as its a required to download a game on EA, I cannot finish downloading it because I don't have it. I've tried downloading all versions including the most up to date one, but for...
  6. Problem downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Big download problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big download problem: Hi thereI really will appreciate this very strange problem im having . OK I have uses msfs with simbrief for a long time , I know how it works . OK I do myself a flight plan , generate it . I then go to the bottom and save it to downloads , we'll I click 2020 then choose...
  8. Big download problem

Big download problem: Hi thereI really will appreciate this very strange problem im having . OK I have uses msfs with simbrief for a long time , I know how it works . OK I do myself a flight plan , generate it . I then go to the bottom and save it to downloads , we'll I click 2020 then choose...
  9. Hello, i've had this problem, microsoft store stopped downloading/update apps, did...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, i've had this problem, microsoft store stopped downloading/update apps, did...: It started to pop up messages saying that MS was missing, i tried to make alot of stuff to make it work but it just didn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-ive-had-this-problem-microsoft-store-stopped/89e4d936-b43c-4b6e-9f87-6c315d1d529d
  10. Hello, i've had this problem, microsoft store stopped downloading/update apps, did...

Hello, i've had this problem, microsoft store stopped downloading/update apps, did...: It started to pop up messages saying that MS was missing, i tried to make alot of stuff to make it work but it just didn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-ive-had-this-problem-microsoft-store-stopped/89e4d936-b43c-4b6e-9f87-6c315d1d529d