Windows 10: Problems Downloading/Installing 'Cumulative Updates'

Discus and support Problems Downloading/Installing 'Cumulative Updates' in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, for the last three 'Cumulative Updates' I have brought up the Check for Updates facility, and requested Updates. Usually, several updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mikethetaxi, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Problems Downloading/Installing 'Cumulative Updates'

Hello, for the last three 'Cumulative Updates' I have brought up the Check for Updates facility, and requested Updates. Usually, several updates appear, one of which is the 'Cumulative Updates (KB...……)'. These last 3 times with the Cumulative Updates 'file', the Preparing to Download message comes up, and gets to 100%, then pauses for several minutes, before showing the message "We couldn't install some updates because the PC was turned off"! Having been sat in front of my PC watching the % get larger, I am puzzled. It wasn't switched off or even in power-saving mode. On all occasions, I have been able to access Microsoft Update Catalogue immediately, and successfully download and install the relevant Update. Apart from this problem, after completing the Update and restart, Check for Updates still tries to download the Cumulative Update. Is there a way of cancelling this action, having already installed it?

:)

mikethetaxi, Dec 11, 2018

2. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) will not install

Anyone else having problems getting the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) installed? This update has been failing for me & doing a failed to update after downloading & reboot, then rebooting & removing the update.

V 10.0 build 10240

broken pixel, Dec 12, 2018
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) will not install

Maybe try with the Windows update mini-tool, found here http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...dows-10-automatic-updates-and-spyware.218745/ , thanks to Mussels. it installed perfectly for me last night.

rtwjunkie, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Problems Downloading/Installing 'Cumulative Updates'

Microsoft controversially brings cumulative updates to W7 & W8.1

AND for Poor People in POOR countries with poor internet speed and budget /bandwidth problems

10 x 100mb downloads spread out over time for these people may be do'able
    1x 1 gig cumulative Download may in those circumstances be not possable

Not Every one has or can afford mega Bandwidth for these mega updates

ESPECIALLY IF MICROSOFT'S UPDATE fu&KS YOUR pC and your left to redownload

dorsetknob, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Problems Downloading/Installing 'Cumulative Updates'

1. Problems Downloading/Installing 'Cumulative Updates' - Similar Threads - Problems Downloading Installing

2. Windows 11 Cumulative Update not downloading and installing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Cumulative Update not downloading and installing.: 2022-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5012643 not downloading. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-cumulative-update-not-downloading-and/64eaf06c-d296-41d8-ac48-cc5d9b45c0e0
  3. Windows 11 Cumulative Update not downloading and installing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Cumulative Update not downloading and installing.: 2022-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5012643 not downloading. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-cumulative-update-not-downloading-and/64eaf06c-d296-41d8-ac48-cc5d9b45c0e0
  4. problem installing W10 cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem installing W10 cumulative updates: Hi there, ive posted about this issue once before, but the last few W10 updates simply will not install on my machine.They download just fine, install in the windows update manager, and when it goes through the restart process it hangs at 7% - always at 7% - and then restarts...
  5. problem installing W10 cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem installing W10 cumulative updates: Hi there, ive posted about this issue once before, but the last few W10 updates simply will not install on my machine.They download just fine, install in the windows update manager, and when it goes through the restart process it hangs at 7% - always at 7% - and then restarts...
  6. problem installing W10 cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Problem downloading cumulative update KB4586853

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem downloading cumulative update KB4586853: Hello, I have a long time with this problem, when downloading the cumulative update KB4586853 stuck at 90% download. Several hours have passed. What would be the possible solution....
  8. cumulative updates download but won't install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cumulative updates download but won't install: couldn't find this, so a new thread. sorry if i missed it. did a clean install of the spring upgrade 2018. since then no cumulative update will install. seems to download fine, but always an install error. i have tried everything i could find on the web, ms support, youtube,...
  9. cumulative updates download but won't install

in Windows 10 Support
    cumulative updates download but won't install: couldn't find this, so a new thread. sorry if i missed it. did a clean install of the spring upgrade 2018. since then no cumulative update will install. seems to download fine, but always an install error. i have tried everything i could find on the web, ms support, youtube,...
  10. Downloading cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downloading cumulative updates: Just curious to learn as to why while downloading Cumulative Updates for Win 10 thru Windows Update the download gets struck midway? The same files download in a jiffy when downloaded from Catalog site of MS. Why this problem is not being solved in spite of Insider Program?...