Windows 10: Problems downloading software in programs on Windows 10

Discus and support Problems downloading software in programs on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I immediately upgraded to Windows 10 the day the OS launched, and after a few days of experiencing the OS I noticed that I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ScottN77, Aug 13, 2015.

1. ScottN77 Win User

Problems downloading software in programs on Windows 10

Hello everyone,

I immediately upgraded to Windows 10 the day the OS launched, and after a few days of experiencing the OS I noticed that I can't download any files from programs running on Windows 10. However I can if I use my browser (Firefox).

For example, I have a driver updater program installed on my PC, and it says that it cannot reach the servers, and that you need an internet connection to do so (when I already have an internet connection). So I tried to download any other programs out there, but when I try to run the EXE files it would say something related to "runtime errors."

Also, apparently my antivirus has stopped working after I upgraded to Windows 10. It's Norton 360. I've heard that there was an application to upgrade Norton to the latest program compatible to Windows 10. I've tried to upgrade it, but like what happened with the driver updater program, I can't because it says that I need an internet connection to do so.

I hope to see a solution if there is a way to fix these errors on my PC. Feel free to ask if I am missing any other important/non-important details.
    - Scott

:)

ScottN77, Aug 13, 2015
  2. ScottN77 Win User

Sorry for the late reply.

Anyway, I've did what you said, but apparently the programs still seem not to work as long as I make new local accounts on Windows 10.

ScottN77, Aug 13, 2015
  3. ScottN77 Win User

Hello,

I immediately upgraded to Windows 10 the day the OS launched, and after a few days of experiencing the OS I noticed that I can't download any files from programs running on Windows 10. However I can if I use my browser (Firefox).

For example, I have a driver updater program installed on my PC, and it says that it cannot reach the servers, and that you need an internet connection to do so (when I already have an internet connection). So I tried to download any other programs out there,
    but when I try to run the EXE files it would say something related to "runtime errors."

Also, apparently my antivirus has stopped working after I upgraded to Windows 10. It's Norton 360. I've heard that there was an application to upgrade Norton to the latest program compatible to Windows 10. I've tried to upgrade it, but like what happened
    with the driver updater program, I can't because it says that I need an internet connection to do so.

I hope to see a solution if there is a way to fix these errors on my PC. Feel free to ask if I am missing any other important/non-important details.

- Scott

ScottN77, Aug 13, 2015
  4. ScottN77 Win User

I'd hate to bump, I really do, but I still can't seem to find an answer yet.

ScottN77, Aug 19, 2015
  5. pyramid10 Win User
    During the Upgrade to Windows 10, Norton 360 was erased from Program Files (x86). Remnants elsewhere were left behind. Go to Norton with Firefox and grab Norton Removal Tool and the latest Norton 360. Run the first and then the second. IF you don't already have an account with Norton, be prepared to create one.

As for the driver updater program, or any other program that did not migrate well with the Upgrade, an uninstall and reinstall should resolve the difficulties. If not, there might be compatibility issues. Check to see if a new one is on offer.

pyramid10, Aug 20, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
Thema:

1. Problems downloading software in programs on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problems downloading software

2. Downloading software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading software: I am trying to download some software to my computer but it keeps saying it cant complete the download because another program is running and there isnt happens on all of them.Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong...
  3. Download software Problems from Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download software Problems from Internet: Hello, Comm'I tried to download software for my IP Security Camera i have above my frontdoor its not a door bell camera it a camera that turns around up and down all that but' the software i want to use for it here on my PC is PC software, not Mobile and when i tried...
  4. Program software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program software: My computer is not connected to the internet. How do I install the program software on it.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-software/eb420e1f-fcc3-431b-bb71-febffaba127a
  5. Windows 10 software problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 software problems: [IMG] My windows getting black screen and all the icons are getting blank colour. And some of the files are not even opening , I uninstalled the update but the problem still there please help me[IMG][IMG]...
  6. download software dvd for windows 10

download software dvd for windows 10: I wont to download software dvd for windows 10 TO MOVIES DVD in my Computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-software-dvd-for-windows-10/22175625-8dd8-4cdf-905b-2a05ce12ed7d
  7. windows 10 software problem

windows 10 software problem: 3-1-2020 Stats: windows 10 1909 I had an ssd failure. The Windows program that replaced it is nowhere near what I had before. I plan on copying the failed SSd to a new SSd to see if I can keep my old format of windows 10. Dban does not seem to work on windows 10 so how do...
  8. Problem downloading programs...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem downloading programs...: Hey Microsoft.. I've bought this computer for my parents, but after i had set all the 'normal settings' and i afterwards wan't to download something from the internet for instance google chrome, i get a message that im only allowed to install apps from the Microsoft App....
  9. Windows 10 program transfer software?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 program transfer software?: I'm considering setting up Windows 10 64-bit on a separate storage drive and transferring over a Windows 10 32-bit setup. What's the best program to transfer programs and data: Easeus ToDo PCTrans, PC Mover, Zinstall, or something else? 118069
  10. Problem with downloading software and system restore not working...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Problem with downloading software and system restore not working...: Hi, I wonder if ahyone can help. My partner has a Windows 10 64 bit desktop computer All was working fine with computer etc until this morning when she downloaded some new photo editing software acdsee (ACDSee Photo Software - Photo Editing, Photo Management, Photo...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problems downloading software on windows 10

2. win 10/64 truble shooting downlods programs

3. problems downloading programs in window 10