Windows 10: Problems faced due to an upgrade from windos 7 to windows 10 from a non microsoft website

Discus and support Problems faced due to an upgrade from windos 7 to windows 10 from a non microsoft website in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Windows-10-Upgrade-Assistant.shtml I have dowloaded WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE ASSISTANT from the above... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Aakarshit_313, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Problems faced due to an upgrade from windos 7 to windows 10 from a non microsoft website

https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Windows-10-Upgrade-Assistant.shtml

I have dowloaded WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE ASSISTANT from the above link and now i am facing lots of problems. I have succesfully upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 but could get permission to make chages for an app and i could not download anything. I am also not getting a permission for a recovery from win 10 to win 7 and i could not change the account type from standard to administrator. And i am also facing probems in updating windows 10.

PLS HELP ME!!!!

:)

Aakarshit_313, Aug 9, 2019

2. Problems faced due to an upgrade from windos 7 to windows 10 from a non microsoft website

Download Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant 1.4.9200.22256

I have dowloaded WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE ASSISTANT from the above link and now i am facing lots of problems. I have succesfully upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 but could get permission to make chages for an
    app and i could not download anything. I am also not getting a permission for a recovery from win 10 to win 7 and i could not change the account type from standard to administrator. And i am also facing probems in updating windows 10.

PLS HELP ME!!!!

Aakarshit_313, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Problems faced due to an upgrade from windos 7 to windows 10 from a non microsoft website

Hi Aakarshit_313

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

This could be a virus...

Click Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features

Look through the list for any entries for suspicious software installed

Select it then click uninstall

Reset all your web browsers to their original factors state

In Microsoft Edge - Click Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Edge

Select it, click Advanced options > Reset

Reset Chrome settings to default - Google Chrome Help

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/329621...

Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings - Mozilla Support

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-fi...

Use Malwarebytes to scan and clean the computer.

Malwarebytes Cybersecurity for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS

Also use ESET Sysrescue offline scanner to scan and clean the computer, see instructions in the following article:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/clean-virus-in...

If the above steps are not successful, try rolling back...

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery > under Go back to my previous version of Windows 10, click Get started.

or

Press Control + Alt + Delete

Click Sign out

At the Sign In screen, hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen

Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart

Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced options

Click Go back to the previous version of Windows

If you decide to upgrade again, download the Upgrade Assistant from Microsoft's website and not a third party website:

Go to the following page then click 'Update Now'

https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/win...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Jim Guth Win User

Problems faced due to an upgrade from windos 7 to windows 10 from a non microsoft website

Problems faced due to an upgrade from windos 7 to windows 10 from a non microsoft website

I'd like to add my two cents worth here. I don't know how necessary it is to do this.
    Microsoft need to clarify this.

When you upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 make sure to use you Windows 7 Product code to get Authorized (lot just linked Win 7 to Win 10).

This will save you a lot of head aches later. I had problems with my PC when I changed my ISP because I didn't do this

Jim Guth, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Problems faced due to an upgrade from windos 7 to windows 10 from a non microsoft website - Similar Threads - Problems faced due

2. Can't upgrade from Windoes 10 to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upgrade from Windoes 10 to Windows 11: PC health check shows everything is fine, the PC is upgradable, it restarts several times and takes a very long time, then reverses all the changes made to the Windows 10 and does not upgrade!...
  3. Can't upgrade from Windoes 10 to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't upgrade from Windoes 10 to Windows 11: PC health check shows everything is fine, the PC is upgradable, it restarts several times and takes a very long time, then reverses all the changes made to the Windows 10 and does not upgrade!...
  4. Can't upgrade from Windoes 10 to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 to new problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 to new problems: when i upgraded to windows 10 couple days after i was noticed chrome would randomly get slow i was on youtube videos wouldn't load i could google stuff it was slow but worked tried troubleshoot nothing edge still seems to work loads up youtube fine then i noticed everything...
  6. Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 due to the error

Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 due to the error: I was trying to upgrade my system but got Error: 0x8007001F-0x20006 the installation failed in the safe_os phase with an error during replicate oc operation. How to sort it out?...
  7. Problem Upgrading From Windows 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem Upgrading From Windows 7: Well i have this laptop with windows 7. I downloaded Media Creation Tool. Followed the procedure to upgrade to windows 10 without keeping anything(Folders, Programs etc). In the middle of the process and after the laptop restarts 2 times i get a black screen. I shut it off. I...
  8. Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 to new problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 to new problems: when i upgraded to windows 10 couple days after i was noticed chrome would randomly get slow i was on youtube videos wouldn't load i could google stuff it was slow but worked tried troubleshoot nothing edge still seems to work loads up youtube fine then i noticed everything...
  9. Problem upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Problem upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I performed the upgrade from 7 to 10 on my laptop with no issues. However the upgrade on my desktop didn't go well. Home built computer, Windows 7 Ultimate, Intel I5-2500 processor, 16GB ram, 64bit, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 graphics card, 931GB Western Digital WDC...
  10. Problem with upgradation to Windows 10 from Windows 7

Problem with upgradation to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Please Help! I have license for Windows 7(32 Bit),but I have unofficially upgraded to 64bit ( means pirated ) by formatting the hard disk. Is there anyway so that I get Windows 10 update 8485