Windows 10: Problems following Last week's update

Discus and support Problems following Last week's update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I received an update notice from Microsoft through Windows last week. Following the update, settings for virtually all my applications were erased. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HughBaker2, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Problems following Last week's update

I received an update notice from Microsoft through Windows last week. Following the update, settings for virtually all my applications were erased. For example, I have to reenter the setting for Outlook for every new session. No saved passwords for sites and applications are remembered or offered even when "stay signed in" is applied. Facebook, YouTube, Xfinity, Yahoo Mail, and others require sign in any time referred by some link. Autofill is disabled. It doesn't matter which browser is used.

Microsoft, you really screwed the pooch on this update. Now what can be done to fix the problem??

:)

HughBaker2, Oct 21, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Problems following Last week's update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 21, 2020
  3. error following an update

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

The error code suggests the issue to be of Windows Updates. I suggest you to
    Run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      and hit Enter.
    If the issue still persists, then let us know and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Problems following Last week's update

Edge Problems following last update

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

Microsoft Edge is a built in application which is included in Windows 10 operating system.

Hence ,I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue resolves.

PowerShell Command to reset Applications.

• Open an Elevated PowerShell prompt by pressing the Windows Key, typing PowerShell, then pressing Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
    • Paste the following command into PowerShell and execute it:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Problems following Last week's update

1. Problems following Last week's update - Similar Threads - Problems following Last

2. two updates the last week of june

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    two updates the last week of june: My pc has to be logged in every time so I always know when I am inflicted with a update. I got one in the last week of june and my browser started crashing. At that time it was only crashing my browser. I was using the ccleaner browser so I then tried chrome and it was no...
  3. Slow startup after updating last week

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow startup after updating last week: Hi everyone, Anyone else experiencing super slow startup on win10 x64 from the last update over a week ago or so? (I didn't update due to work schedule, but whatever the update was previous to last week). I've currently updated to the latest windows update and it seems a...
  4. Windows 10 update last week

Windows 10 update last week: After windows 10 update last week, my mouse won't work. Tried unplug and plug in, still no mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-last-week/8836c79a-4c23-451e-91dd-ce49f0705a6c
  5. Last weeks Windows 10 update

Last weeks Windows 10 update: How do i disable WIN10 automatic update? Last week after the Tuesday update my computer stopped recognizing the scanner that I do a lot of work with. I did a system restore to the day before that and everything worked OK again. Also, how do I find out which update caused the...
  6. Random BSODs since update last week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs since update last week: Windows version 1903. Ever since a middle of the night update last week (10/5) the system has random bsods. Also cannot access the system information app, "windows management files may be moved or missing." although running sfc /scannow reports everything is fine. The...
  7. Windows 10 update facing problem since last week's

Windows 10 update facing problem since last week's: Windows 10 update facing problem since last 2 week's, showing message We couldn't complete the features, undoing changes, Don't turn off your computer.....
  8. Bluetooth issues since last weeks update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth issues since last weeks update: Morning I have the following devices Lenovo Thinkpad E540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Acer Extensa 2540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Nokia phone on Android OS Samsung tablet on Android OS Bluetooth Microsoft Mouse 3600 My issue: Before the update,...
  9. Problem authentication since last 2 weeks

Problem authentication since last 2 weeks: Dear Support, FYI, I had received complaint from application owners said that they having authentication problem since last 2 weeks. Then they found out the following KB had blocked their basis access using smart card on Internet explorer on Windows 10 1703 and 1803....
  10. BSOD after update last week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after update last week: Hi all, Last week on shutting down I was prompted to install updates before shutting down as is normal. Did this but the next morning on booting got the dreaded BSOD. List of stopcodes generated after many attempts to boot up (in no particular order) *PFN LIST CORRUPT *IRQL...