Windows 10: Problems getting SYSTEM to respond

Discus and support Problems getting SYSTEM to respond in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer will not allow me to open anything under the system heading e.g device manager or system protection. I just get a box eventually appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hoopey, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Hoopey Win User

Problems getting SYSTEM to respond

My computer will not allow me to open anything under the system heading e.g device manager or system protection. I just get a box eventually appear saying "the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion".

Any ideas?

Huw

:)

Hoopey, Sep 26, 2015

2. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Sep 26, 2015
  3. Windows 10 1709 After installation "Windows Security Centre can't be started"

Since my live Windows was running slow and System Reset or restore to previous

version responded "not available" I downloaded the System Creation Tool

and did a System create and when the "What to keep" prompt came up,

I responded "Nothing" . The new system was completed without any problems

and is working really well except I get a message " Turn on Windows

Security Centre" but when I accept I get the error message

"Windows Security Centre can't be started"

Tried starting in Services but get following "Error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start"

Is there a solution to this problem"

Mike Hitchcock, Sep 26, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Welcome to Ten-Forums !

I would check the Event Viewer for error code and service name, if right click Start button select Event Viewer, Custom, Administrator Events. Look for ones at beginning with red exclamation points with heading errors.

Most common error is this one 1053.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/839174

jds63, Sep 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Problems getting SYSTEM to respond - Similar Threads - Problems getting SYSTEM

2. How do I get my system to respond?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my system to respond?: For the last 6 hours my screen has been showing "You're 100% there. Please keep your computer on." Windows 11 Pro on Dell XPS 157590 laptop and Dell S3221QS monitor as primary screen....
  3. How do I get my system to respond?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my system to respond?: For the last 6 hours my screen has been showing "You're 100% there. Please keep your computer on." Windows 11 Pro on Dell XPS 157590 laptop and Dell S3221QS monitor as primary screen....
  4. System Configuration not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Configuration not responding: While trying to complete a clean boot I get to the final step click ok and just get system not responding. I am trying to do a clean boot to remove ASUS data security manager, which I cannot seem to remove in the normal way through control panel uninstall programs. The reason...
  5. Not responding problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not responding problems: Hello, My settings in Windows 10 doesn't open directly when i try opening it, it says not responding, later a small box displays and says application frame host problem. 2 i am unable to search anything in start bar Type here to search , it doesn't answer 3 my google...
  6. Windows system stops responding,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows system stops responding,: as it says up above my system littrely stops responding at times. Since i made a clean sweap to reinstall my windows 10 it updated to patch 1903. And since the update. the system is lagging like crazy i reinsralled it twice bit the same problem accur. I had no problems...
  7. Not Responding Problem

Not Responding Problem: My Laptop is recently having problems with multiple applications being unresponsive. It started out with the taskbar not allowing me to access certain apps, the search bar, nor the main windows settings. I couldnt bring it up after pressing the windows button, so I had to...
  8. Windows 10 The System is not Responding

Windows 10 The System is not Responding: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7.Everything is fine EXCEPT OFTEN A MESSAGE COMES IN WINDOWS PAGE FROM MICROSOFT THAT THE SYSTEM IS NOT RESPONDING.EITHER YOU END THE PROCESS OR WAIT FOR THE PROGRAMME TO RESPOND.AT THE SAME TIME ALL BROWSERS ie...
  9. system not responding to commands

system not responding to commands: Hello Community, When running windows explorer the system will often stall and there are times my mouse will not function or it will not operate a function when clicking onto it such as exiting a window or rebooting the system. The whole system will freeze up and then the...
  10. W10 Not responding problem

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Not responding problem: I did a clean fresh install of W10 on a new hard drive on my Lenovo desktop (AMD A6 3600) at first I had a few problems, then I installed a new video driver and it took care of most of my issues, freeze ups, lot of spinning blue circles, and the new video driver took care of...