Windows 10: Problems identifying network devices

Discus and support Problems identifying network devices in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to understand why suddenly the file explorer seems to manage the network node differently. For some time nothing is visible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Per Schunnesson, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Problems identifying network devices

Hello,

I would like to understand why suddenly the file explorer seems to manage the network node differently.

For some time nothing is visible under the network node (see figure below), although we have several computers and printers on the network. They appeared earlier but is no longer visible.

Something seems to have changed the way Windows handles sharing and discovery for local networks.

See also sharing options (although in Swedish) for a client below where nothing appears in the network node despite access to network devices. Why is that? What has changed?

Thanks!

Problems identifying network devices 1348b03a-fe27-4737-a7eb-97facbc1141c?upload=true.jpg

Problems identifying network devices de51ff65-df9a-4eba-9489-9c8b05c92b9e?upload=true.jpg

:)

Per Schunnesson, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Gino Des Win User

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Oct 27, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    WiFi Connection Problem

Hello Claire,

For us to isolate the issue you are experiencing, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When did the issue started?
    • Have you made any software or hardware changes to your device prior to the issue?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problem. Here's how to run the troubleshooter:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that resolves the problem.

David Haz, Oct 27, 2018
  4. John Fer Win User

Problems identifying network devices

Windows 10 Networking Issue: After Windows Reset I can connect to network but no internet

Thank you for the update. For us not to repeat the troubleshooting steps you've already performed, could you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've already performed?

Also, we suggest trying to run the Network troubleshooter to help with your issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type Network troubleshooter in the Cortana search box.
    • Then select Identify and repair network problems.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if it fixes the problem.

Get back to us and give us an update.

John Fer, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

Problems identifying network devices

1. Problems identifying network devices - Similar Threads - Problems identifying network

2. Identified problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Identified problem: Hi I am user windows 10.I have a lenovo ideapad i7Recently I encountered an problem that is So Irritating.In this screenshot the drive is corrupted and I dont know how to fix it. Well, I have 180 space free why it is full, and I can't access to administrative parts and can't...
  3. Identifying network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Identifying network...: Hello everyone My laptop automatically updated recently April 4th and when it restarted i noticed that i don't have an internet connection. So the first thing I did was to uninstall the latest update i think it was Kb4549951 but nothing changed. Then i used the restore...
  4. networking -- identifying devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    networking -- identifying devices: I am trying to network two computers. Let's call them A and B. In File Explorer in Computer A, Computer B shows up as a "media device." Whatever that is. How can I make Computer B show up as a "computer," instead of as a "media device?" Bonus question: I tried to connect to...
  5. Identifying the Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Identifying the Problem: Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1: ffff948c531b11f0 Parameter 2: fffff8033ba84858 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: e8 OS version: 10_0_18363 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 768_1 OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.101 Locale ID: 1033 Date...
  6. No Other Devices Identified in Network?

No Other Devices Identified in Network?: Hi All, Any thoughts as to why my neighbors TV is showing on my PC devices as a "Display". I understand the Microsoft Wifi-Direct Principles and how to turn off, but I am on a LAN not Wireless and the virtual adapter is not present! If I can see their media devices, I am...
  7. Other Devices Identified in Network?

in Windows 10 Support
    Other Devices Identified in Network?: Hi All, Any thoughts as to why my neighbors TV is showing on my PC devices as a "Display". I understand the Microsoft Wifi-Direct Principles and how to turn off, but I am on a LAN not Wireless and the virtual adapter is not present! If I can see their media devices, I am...
  8. identify unknown device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    identify unknown device: hi, I performed a fresh install of w10 on my sisters HP DV6 laptop, everything works but device manager shows 1 unknown device, is there anyway to find out what it is, I've installed all the drivers from the manufacturer 66351
  9. network identifying

network identifying: so i just installed a new network driver and when i boot up afterwards the connection will say identifying for nearly 30seconds before i actually get a connection. ive tried reinstalling the driver but to awe 25719
  10. Ethernet Problems Cant identify the network but my router sees it

Ethernet Problems Cant identify the network but my router sees it: Ever since i upgraded to the latest version of windows 10 my Ethernet has been broken i have tried installing the drivers from intel directly it still doesn't work. If anyone has any possible solutions help would be appreciated and if more information is needed i can give...