Windows 10: Problems in updating windows 10 64-bit system to the new version 21H1 and some 20H2 files

Discus and support Problems in updating windows 10 64-bit system to the new version 21H1 and some 20H2 files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop runs on Windows 64 bit system, it downloads the updates and then while installing, shows unable to complete the installation process so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sameera_K, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Sameera_K Win User

Problems in updating windows 10 64-bit system to the new version 21H1 and some 20H2 files

My laptop runs on Windows 64 bit system, it downloads the updates and then while installing, shows unable to complete the installation process so undoing the changes.. this became a loop now. Asking for updates & restart repeatedly is very annoying as my laptop doesn't respond well and get's stuck . I tried Windows Troubleshooter but that didn't help.. it shows "checking for pending Restart", no other progress or solution. I checked that all drivers are updated with external driver updater, even tried some methods suggested by some tech experts on Youtube, but even that didn't help out. P

:)

Sameera_K, Jul 21, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile Problems in updating windows 10 64-bit system to the new version 21H1 and some 20H2 files :)

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 21, 2021
  4. Problems in updating windows 10 64-bit system to the new version 21H1 and some 20H2 files

64 bit vs 32 bit systems in win 10l

With the release of Windows 10 November Update (1511), and later versions such as the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607), you can switch directly to a 64 bit version of Windows 10 with or without a product key.

• Switching to Windows 10 64 bit is free, you don't have to pay for it. As long as you have a qualifying Windows 7 or 8 or Windows 10 license, you are entitled to use it.
    • Switching requires that you perform a new installation, that means files, applications and settings will be deleted.
    • You will have to reinstall applications and native 64 bit drivers.
    • Backup before migrating: How
      to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Step 1: Download Windows 10 64 bit then create a bootable copy:

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: Boot from the 64 bit Windows 10 install media, then perform a custom or clean install:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Problems in updating windows 10 64-bit system to the new version 21H1 and some 20H2 files

1. Problems in updating windows 10 64-bit system to the new version 21H1 and some 20H2 files - Similar Threads - Problems updating bit

2. Updating features for Windows 10, version 21H1. and windows 10 64 bit that is needed...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating features for Windows 10, version 21H1. and windows 10 64 bit that is needed...: Ažuriranje značajki za Windows 10, verzija 21H1. da li je ovo zadnje dostupno azuriranje na windows 10 64 bit koje je u opticaju ili treba bit nesto drugo vec na njemu.translate croatian and thanks..zvonimir<Translated by Moderator, Using Edge>Updating features for Windows...
  3. Having issues after updating to Windows 10 64 bit version 20h2.

Having issues after updating to Windows 10 64 bit version 20h2.: I just installed the lastest version of Windows 10, 20H2. Previously I had vesrsion 1803. After installing, my pc restarted few times, and it finally booted. At first, windows was not responding, but after pressing some keys randomly, it responded. I installed a another...
  4. Windows 10 Version 20H2 will not install the 21H1 update 0x80004005.

Windows 10 Version 20H2 will not install the 21H1 update 0x80004005.: I have done most of the troubleshooting steps:1 Clear Software Distribution Folder2 Delete Temp files, Clean up Recycle and System files3 Ensure that jscript.dll and vbscript.dll are registered4 Added Key LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy for 64-bit systems to "1"5 Run the...
  5. Sleep Option Gone Windows 10 64-bit Version 20H2

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Option Gone Windows 10 64-bit Version 20H2: I have read many questions regarding the missing "Sleep Option" on the Power Options! My power settings on Windows Version 1909 was Restart, Shut down, Sleep. Once I downloaded 20H2, the Sleep option was gone! There is a setting for a timer for my PC to go to...
  6. Can't update to 64 bit version of windows 10

Can't update to 64 bit version of windows 10: I recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. But later i found out that i was in 32 bit version of windows 10. I tried to update to 64 bit by using media creation tool. but it said that my pc was incompatible. My pc has 2 GB RAM Intel core i3 2.4 ghz processor and it is...
  7. 64 bit version Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    64 bit version Windows 10: How do I find out whether I am running 64 bit OS Windows 10 in my new laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bit-version-windows-10/f7b648cb-3d95-455e-aea5-16153988b220
  8. windows downloading both 32 bit and 64 bit updates for a 64 bit system

windows downloading both 32 bit and 64 bit updates for a 64 bit system: My HP Pavilion g7 is a 64 bit system and somehow Windows update is downloading both 32 bit updates and 64 bit updates, which sometimes seems to hang up the loading process ??? can I stop the 32 bit downloads as I probably don't need them? How?...
  9. windows 10 64 bit version

windows 10 64 bit version: since the latest updates as from 07 01 2020 the keyboards and mouse are frozen or stuck until I hit the windows key or others. have deleted one update and now held them off for a few days. it also sticks when typing...
  10. Windows 10 64-bit version installing on a new Laptop?

Windows 10 64-bit version installing on a new Laptop?: Hi, I am considering to buy myself a new Dell Latitude series laptop and I want to clean install Win10 on it. I want to install the 64-bit version of Win10 but how can I make sure or know if that new laptop (or ANY laptop) on the market will have a x64 based processor in...