Windows 10: Problems in Windows 10

Discus and support Problems in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been running Windows 10 flawlessly since the release of it, but i have hit a bump in the road. -The Problems- I can be browsing the internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by myles889, Dec 27, 2015.

1. myles889 Win User

Problems in Windows 10

I have been running Windows 10 flawlessly since the release of it, but i have hit a bump in the road.

-The Problems-
    I can be browsing the internet (using chrome) and randomly it stops loading web pages.
    This is when all the problems seem to begin.
    Edit: The problem occurs without having launched anything after a fresh boot.

Try using another web browser (edge) it also will not load a web page.
    Internet still works, as other applications (Mumble, skype, etc... still working)
    Opening task manager works, but closing it does not. It will keep it in the Not Responding... state.
    Task manager shows low usage of the memory and processor.
    I cannot use the windows start menu, when left clicking it does not work, only left clicking it works.
    Uninstalling programs does not work as well.
    The computer will not shut down, or restart unless I do a hard restart by holding the power button.
    When shutting down/restarting the dots continuously spin, so it is doesn't seem to be frozen.
    -End Problems-

I am unsure if this is a software or hardware issue.
    Thank you for any help in advanced.

EDIT: Probable Solution
    Its ironic that you mentioned backing up my data, as i was in the process of cloning my hard drive. I installed Acronis True Image to clone my HDD to have an emergency backup drive. It seems the Acronis software was the problem. The computer was stable only for a few minutes after a boot, so i was able to uninstall it (i had tried to uninstall when it was not stable, and the uninstall would not work). After the uninstall the issue has gone away (should have been a red flag that this software was the issue in the first place as the problems began after the installation). I'll mark solved once i make sure i do not encounter any more issues.

:)

myles889, Dec 27, 2015

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Dec 27, 2015
  3. Computer shows blue screen and tells me that atikmdag.sys failed.

Windows 10 stops my computer and then gives me a blue screen. tells me that my atikmdag.sys failed. Have tried MS help but still have this problem. Any suggestion besides throwing away this computer?

Brenda( ) Windows 10 problems, Dec 27, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Problems in Windows 10

davidhk, Dec 27, 2015
Thema:

Problems in Windows 10

1. Problems in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problems

2. boot problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot problem: i have hp pavilion all in one desktop and since i reset it have start up problems. Flashes error than boots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-problem/e2d9e3e7-2db6-4b5f-896b-3b195c2003a6
  3. boot problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    boot problem: i have hp pavilion all in one desktop and since i reset it have start up problems. Flashes error than boots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-problem/e2d9e3e7-2db6-4b5f-896b-3b195c2003a6
  4. All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...: HELP⁉‍In layman's terms please...without all the user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most user-friendly OS/PC? Microsoftsorry to say is so departmentalized it's ruining its products....
  5. All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...

All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...: HELP⁉‍In layman's terms please...without all the user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most user-friendly OS/PC? Microsoftsorry to say is so departmentalized it's ruining its products....
  6. All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Problem taking ownership / opening locked files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem taking ownership / opening locked files: Hi,I'm having real trouble trying to open the files inside a folder of jpg images. At some point during transferring HDDs from machine to machine, they became inaccessible to me.I have tried all the usual advice of changing ownership in the advanced security settings and have...
  8. Problem taking ownership / opening locked files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem taking ownership / opening locked files: Hi,I'm having real trouble trying to open the files inside a folder of jpg images. At some point during transferring HDDs from machine to machine, they became inaccessible to me.I have tried all the usual advice of changing ownership in the advanced security settings and have...
  9. Problem taking ownership / opening locked files

10. Im having this problem. Microsoft store is not downloading apps and it is showing as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im having this problem. Microsoft store is not downloading apps and it is showing as...: Plz look into this. I'm having this problem for the last 1 month. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-this-problem-microsoft-store-is-not/3c9ba12f-8345-4e1b-aaa4-bcae850e1bd2