Windows 10: Problems in word

Discus and support Problems in word in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So you see that line there with the black dots? Well it randomly appeared and I can't do anything to remove it. I also have no idea what its called.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MaxGreen467, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Problems in word

So you see that line there with the black dots? Well it randomly appeared and I can't do anything to remove it. I also have no idea what its called. Please help.

Problems in word d7e45083-baac-4245-aef2-035c1f4e91a4?upload=true.png

:)

MaxGreen467, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

three word suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable word suggestions when you type any word. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

To disable text suggestions, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices, and click on
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Typing toggle the switch to off for
      Show text suggestions as I type on the software keyboard.
    4. Under Hardware keyboard, toggle the switch to on for
      Show text suggestions as I type.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 11, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Problems in word

Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Problems in word

1. Problems in word - Similar Threads - Problems word

2. Windows were update was successful but word was not updated what could be the problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows were update was successful but word was not updated what could be the problem: I have a problem updating Microsoft office https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-were-update-was-successful-but-word-was/8c58a7e7-21f8-42da-971e-c3d04129257c
  3. Windows were update was successful but word was not updated what could be the problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows were update was successful but word was not updated what could be the problem: I have a problem updating Microsoft office https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-were-update-was-successful-but-word-was/8c58a7e7-21f8-42da-971e-c3d04129257c
  4. Windows were update was successful but word was not updated what could be the problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problem with Word version 16.78

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Word version 16.78: I have Word version 16.78 and when I am working on a document in Word, and if I go to correct a mistake in a paragraph I'm typing, after I have made the correction the document will automatically move to the top the page or even go to the previous page, and at times Word...
  6. Problem with Word version 16.78

Problem with Word version 16.78: I have Word version 16.78 and when I am working on a document in Word, and if I go to correct a mistake in a paragraph I'm typing, after I have made the correction the document will automatically move to the top the page or even go to the previous page, and at times Word...
  7. Windows 11 problem with copy & paste in table using Word 2013

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 problem with copy & paste in table using Word 2013: What is happening?After copying text from one word document to another - some of the text is not showing on preview or printing .If I don’t copy and paste into the first row of the table it is ok – i.e. if I type into it not pasteIf I don’t copy and paste into the first...
  8. Windows 11 problem with copy & paste in table using Word 2013

Windows 11 problem with copy & paste in table using Word 2013: What is happening?After copying text from one word document to another - some of the text is not showing on preview or printing .If I don’t copy and paste into the first row of the table it is ok – i.e. if I type into it not pasteIf I don’t copy and paste into the first...
  9. Word problem with links

Word problem with links: I am formatting a Word file for a print edition for a book with links from the table of contents. The table of contents links appear as {PAGEREF _Toc143854917 \h} etc. I know I can select each one and hit shift-F9 to correct it, but why is this happening? Have never had this...
  10. Word problem with links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word problem with links: I am formatting a Word file for a print edition for a book with links from the table of contents. The table of contents links appear as {PAGEREF _Toc143854917 \h} etc. I know I can select each one and hit shift-F9 to correct it, but why is this happening? Have never had this...