Windows 10: Problems installing KB4032188

Discus and support Problems installing KB4032188 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; 3 out of four machines have installed the above with no trouble. I have however 1 X Laptop (W10/64 bit) that will not do the decent thing! Have had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Skofab, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Skofab Win User

Problems installing KB4032188

3 out of four machines have installed the above with no trouble. I have however 1 X Laptop (W10/64 bit) that will not do the decent thing!
    Have had four attempts (one of which was download the update to my machine first - then running it.) In each case the windows update record says it has failed to install.
    Anyone else having this hassle.
    Your comments appreciated. Have run the update trouble shooter, but no success.

:)

Skofab, Aug 1, 2017
  2. Hesed3 Win User

KB4032188 not installing

So since it gave up on installing KB4032188 and says the computer is up to date, what will happen with the next big update? Will it refuse to install that? Is it possible that nothing from KB4032188 was necessary?

Hesed3, Aug 1, 2017
  3. KB4025342 still failing to install

Argel Obm's advice worked for me. KB4025342 installed without any problem. KB4032188 was another that had previously failed to install but again this installed without any problem. Thanks for the advice Argel.

BABell(1952), Aug 1, 2017
  4. sygnus21 Win User

I just updated both my Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga laptop and my 2013 Asus Zenbook Prime laptop without issue. Will do my desktops later as I’m in the middle of some work right now.

That said, have you tried to manually download the update and install it? Might be worth a try. See Brink’s news article for download links - .NET Framework July 2017 Cumulative Quality Update for Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

BTW did you get an error code? I got one when I first tried to update the Asus, but a retry less than a minute later and all was good.

sygnus21, Aug 1, 2017
  5. Skofab Win User
    Hi Sygnus21
    Thanks for your response.
    As indicated in my post - yes - I did do a manual download, but this had no success.
    Further input greatly appreciated.

Skofab, Aug 2, 2017
  6. Bastet Win User
    Same for me, stayed at 2% for over 2 hours, I tried the update mini tool & it started download but appeared to stop at a few Mb, tried manually downloading & install failed. Trying again after storing an image & it's the same. Other downloads done at the same time worked fine. Running SFC & DISM & all fine.

Bastet, Aug 2, 2017
  7. Skofab Win User
    My problem is somewhat different to Bastet.

My update starts and continues showing all the right information - even to the point where I am asked to restart to complete the installation.
    A look in update history however sadly says failed to install.

On this one laptop, I have found that the 'bits' entry in services show bits as stopped, and is showing manual. If I change this to start + auto (delayed) - within moments it reverts back to stopped/manual without any use whatsoever.

On my other three machines, all show 'bits' permanently started, and set to Auto (delay)

I am aware that 'Bits' is instrumental in the update process, so I think that this aspect has to be corrected first - admittedly guessology on my part.
    An additional fact is that when I go to settings / update & security - it shows all up to date today (14.38). If I were to push check for updates - it would list KB4032188 as failed SO it is not up to date!

Keep the ideas coming guys

Skofab, Aug 2, 2017
  8. sygnus21 Win User

No issue with my 2017 Lenovo Thinkpad, but 2013 Asus laptop always had issues with major updates like TH2, Anniversary, and the Creator update. In all those instances I had to do a clean install to get those updates. Never did figure out why I couldn't do the major updates without a clean install.

That said, I did get the failed to install on my Asus, but the second attempt went without issue. With that, unfortunately I've no suggestions for your issue at this point in time other than noting any error codes you get and researching them.

Oh, and if you have a third party AV, try switching it off and see what happens.

sygnus21, Aug 2, 2017
  9. Bastet Win User
    Update now successful after restoring Windows 10 via an image, I also turned off Norton firewall just in case. Phew.

Bastet, Aug 2, 2017
  10. I have 4 PCs running Windows 10. Two have updated to v1702, build 15063.502
    They are:
    - really old Samsung NC10 netbook (32bit Windows 10 on a 32bit machine)
    - not quite so old Acer Extensa laptop (32bit Windows 10 on a 64bit machine)

My home-made Gigabyte system is stuck at v1607 build 14393.1480 - but let's not worry about that one now!

The real problem is my relatively new Asus Ultrabook (64bit Windows 10 on a 64bit machine)
    It is stuck at v1703 build 15063.483. When I check for updates, two are listed:

- Definition update for Windows Defender - KB2267602
    - Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4032188)

When I start the download, the first one comes down really quickly and then the second one gets to 1% and stops.

I think this is a 64bit problem. I've tried - twice - deleting the contents of Windows\SoftwareDistribution after stopping WUAUSERV service, but all that does is restart both the downloads after checking for updates, and then the second one stops at 1%.

As it's nearly 4am here, I'll come back again tomorrow.

ZaphodBeeblbrox, Aug 2, 2017
  11. sygnus21 Win User
    How'd you come to that conclusion *Shock

sygnus21, Aug 3, 2017
  12. ...because the old Samsung NC10 (Atom N270 processor) and the old Acer Extensa (Pentium T2330) are both running 32bit Windows 10 (and got updated) and the Asus Ultrabook (Intel i7 3517U) is running 64bit Windows 10.

But it is only a "gut" feeling. Other factors are that the Samsung and Acer were previously connected to my home network via WiFi for a few weeks, and didn't get updated to v1703. Then when I connected them by Ethernet cable to my Switch and turned off their WiFi's, they both got updated almost immediately.

That may have been a coincidence. Maybe Microsoft just happened to make the update available in Asia (where I am) at the same time as I connected them using the LAN cables.

My Asus Ultrabook doesn't have an Ethernet port - which is a pain in the rear. So when I tried to make a System Image using Acronis 2017, I discovered it can't do it over WiFi. (There was no "Computers Near Me" item in the "destination location" window). This is why the other two PCs - the Samsung and Acer - were on WiFi for a while because I was trying to determine if the problem in Acronis affected them too. And it did. So then when I reconnected them to the Ethernet switch using the LAN cables, they both immediately got updated!

So it may be a WiFi problem in the Asus Ultrabook. But it has been updated over WiFi up to version 1702 build 15063.483. It just won't go to .502 even though Windows Update says updates are available and downloading, but stuck at 1%.

Another clue that it may well NOT be 32/64bit related is the other Gigabyte system I have. It is at version 1607 build 14393.1480. But it is another 32bit Windows 10, so I don't see why it isn't getting updated. I think I may have messed up the Windows Update settings on it because Windows Update says: "Good news! The Windows 10 Creators Update is on its way. Want to be one of the first to get it?"

So why it's not here and available for this PC is a mystery. I suppose I could force it using the "Update Assistant" tool that is mentioned in the link in Windows Update labelled "Yes, show me how."

But I want to fix this WiFi-only Asus Ultrabook problem first. Again, today, it says "Downloading updates 1%".

ZaphodBeeblbrox, Aug 3, 2017
  13. Skofab Win User

Well - having not made any progress, I decided to create a flash drive and reinstall W10. NO GO, the HP laptop would not recognise a usb flashdrive!
    So did a DVD instead, which worked with no problem. (USB recognition has now returned) With a little tinkering with various HP drivers, the Laptop is once again functioning and has done several updates (which was the original problem.)

Whilst zooming around the net - I did find that one person who could not install a major MS update, he changed from wireless to an Ethernet cable connection, this immediately did the trick.
    Worth bearing in mind for any future quirks I think.

Skofab, Aug 4, 2017
  14. So that makes 2 people who couldn't upgrade a major MS update over WiFi. Both my Samsung NC 10 netbook and Acer Extensa laptop got upgraded as soon as I plugged in their Ethernet cables. (See my earlier post in this thread).

Update on my "problem": The Gigabyte MoBo desktop PC was finally updated to the latest version Windows 10 (1703 build 15063.502) after I went to:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...rs-update-here

I downloaded the "Update Assistant" and ran it. Whoop-dee-doo, one more PC up-to-date.

Much less luck with the Asus Ultrabook laptop. After searching around for a Win10 Creators Update download, I eventually ended up here:
    Download Windows 10

After downloading and running, my laptop got updated to version 1703 build 15063.0 *Smile

So it went backwards from version 1703 build 15063.483 to 15063.0 ! But, hey, I thought maybe that's not so bad as it may get updated from ".0" all the way to ".502".

So after "Check for updates", Windows reported 3 updates ready: the first 2 came down quickly, and the 3rd one - the subject of this thread - got stuck at 1%.

That was yesterday. Here is what I see tonight at Windows Update:

Attachment 147253

- and after clicking on "Download", it gets stuck at 0%. I'll leave it for a few hours.

But I think this is a MS screw-up. Hopefully they'll produce a new Cumulative update that works.

ZaphodBeeblbrox, Aug 4, 2017
  15. <SNIP>

That was yesterday. Here is what I see tonight at Windows Update:

Attachment 147253

- and after clicking on "Download", it gets stuck at 0%. I'll leave it for a few hours.

But I think this is a MS screw-up. Hopefully they'll produce a new Cumulative update that works.[/QUOTE]

What happened to the attachment? I could see it yesterday. *Sad

ZaphodBeeblbrox, Aug 4, 2017
Thema:

1. Problems installing KB4032188 - Similar Threads - Problems installing KB4032188

2. Installation problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installation problem: Every time I try to install any program it shows me this: Could not access network location 9e0a\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\.pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-problem/537a97b4-1f58-4733-8b67-2c01947b7005
  3. Installation Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation Problem: Hi,I am trying to install IQ Option app on my PC but it come to a pre-mature end with the phrase 'your system has not been modified'. Kindly suggest a solution. Also note, the PC is 64 bit but installation requirement did not specify the bit for the OS.Thank you...
  4. Installation Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation Problem: Hi,I am trying to install IQ Option app on my PC but it come to a pre-mature end with the phrase 'your system has not been modified'. Kindly suggest a solution. Also note, the PC is 64 bit but installation requirement did not specify the bit for the OS.Thank you...
  5. Installation problem.

Installation problem.: When I formatting my pc with windows 10 64 bit it show a msg this app can't run in your pc . I have use windows 7 32 bit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-problem/e6dad565-6ba6-4c2b-a7bb-4a13ac349a16
  6. Installation problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installation problem.: Created a bootable USB flash drive and try to boot from it. The inscription "Start installation" appears and after it gives an error that the usb, sata or dvd driver is not detected. I have all the connectors 2.0, I tried to write the image to another USB flash drive and also...
  7. KB4032188 issue...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4032188 issue...: Just installed KB 4032188 on 3 laptops x64 and each time I install it, 3 times actually, because I revert back from an image backup, it gives me the exact error: [img] on 3 systems. Description Faulting application name: svchost.exe_AppReadiness, version: 10.0.15063.0,...
  8. KB4032188 failed to install multiple times [SOLVED]

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4032188 failed to install multiple times [SOLVED]: Hi, I'm on Windows 10 Pro, currently version 15063.608. I've never had any update issues. I'm using automatic updates, and the 16. September Windows failed to install KB4032188 multiple times. Windows tried to update (automatically) several times: 16. September, 22....
  9. Installation problem

Installation problem: I have Dell Inspiron 3000 version came with Windows 10 pro , I downgraded it to Windows 7 . but now want to upgrade to 10 pro .. due to some issues my HDD is fully erased and I can't install now , showing that system image is missing what to do ........ please ... suggest.......
  10. Cumulative Update KB4032188 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.502

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4032188 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.502: Update August 8th 2017: Cumulative Update KB4034674 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.540 - Windows 10 Forums Available for Windows 10 PC and Windows 10 Mobile version 1703. Improvements and fixes This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system...
Tags: