Windows 10: Problems installing version 20H2 update

Discus and support Problems installing version 20H2 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am having trouble installing version 20H2. After several attempts, each time I end up with the error message "Windows installation could not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jabarihamilton, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Problems installing version 20H2 update

Hi, I am having trouble installing version 20H2. After several attempts, each time I end up with the error message "Windows installation could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware" and then the device shuts down almost immediately. I tried to install the new version of Windows 10 through Windows Update. Both times, I ended up with the same results. I went back to Windows Update and checked if there were other reasons why Windows couldn't complete the update installation. In "View update history", error message 0xc1900101 was also written. I really don't know what to do nex

:)

Jabarihamilton, Jul 26, 2021

2. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jul 26, 2021
  3. Windows 10 20h2 Problem

I clean installed 20H2 but unfortunately i don't know which version i had previously.

Currently I'm trying to install the 1803 version, since it's an old laptop.

Or should i install the ones you suggested me?

Thank you

CreepyMemes, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Problems installing version 20H2 update

Windows 10 version 20H2

The computer in question had Windows 7 on it and there was not an option to uninstall the 20H2 update. So I have reverted back to Windows 7. Is there a way to download and install Windows 10 version 2004? The games will work on that version but not the
    20H2 version.

Thanks

Richard Alan, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

Problems installing version 20H2 update

1. Problems installing version 20H2 update - Similar Threads - Problems installing version

2. Windows 10 update to version 20h2 problem.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update to version 20h2 problem.: I am using the laptop Asus Pentium Quad Core. I was updating the windows 10 version 20h2 according to the notification on the taskbar. When I started updating for the first time it showed failed to update. Second time I showed error 0x8007042. then I went to troubleshoot the...
  3. Windows Update "version 20H2" creates microphone problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update "version 20H2" creates microphone problems: In the most recent Windows Update, it seems to mess up both my headset microphone and my integrated laptop microphone. Before this update, I always used my laptop's microphone and whenever I update Windows I never had any problems. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the...
  4. Problems with installing windows windows 10 version 20H2 feature update

Problems with installing windows windows 10 version 20H2 feature update: I have been trying to install windows 10 version 20H2 update for a week now. It doesn't install. Today I have managed to get to 94% installed after 3hrs. It has been stuck on this for at least 30 minutes. My connection is a good 4G connection. Is there a fix? I have given...
  5. Problem with installing the latest Windows update Version 20H2.

Problem with installing the latest Windows update Version 20H2.: Hi, I'm trying to install the latest update version 20H2 but I have a laptop with a dead battery and it is is running off the power cable. Every time I turn on my laptop or restart it, I get a message telling me the battery needs to be replaced black screen that says press to...
  6. have problems with windows10 . Update version 20H2

have problems with windows10 . Update version 20H2: Hi with the last update for windows I turn on my computer and i Have no D:\ Drive Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-problems-with-windows10-update-version-20h2/09a8d30a-dd16-4370-a6d2-94c489e314b6
  7. Problem updating from version 1909 to 20H2

Problem updating from version 1909 to 20H2: As mentioned in the title, I constantly receive the Error 0x80070003 Downloading does not seem to be the issue but the installation. I have already tried the following: —Restarted Computer —Ran troubleshooter it detected problems and restarted after that —Temporarily...
  8. problem installing software in version 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem installing software in version 20H2: Hi all I had to re-install from scratch on a PC and installed all the updates available including 20H2 Windows here a detail of the current install and HW: Windows 10 Family Version 20H2 Version expl.sys 19042.630 Windows Feature Experience pack 120.2212.31.0 Intel(R)...
  9. Windows 10, version 2004 and/or 20H2, -- "Windows Update" Installation Problem

Windows 10, version 2004 and/or 20H2, -- "Windows Update" Installation Problem: Hello: I'm experiencing a Windows 10, "Windows Update" utility installation problem with either Windows 10, version 2004 or version 20H2 updates. Problem Statement: • [Reference First Captured Update Utility Screen] Windows' Update utility...
  10. Update Version 20H2

Update Version 20H2: Hallo Nach dem Update habe ich alle Kacheln verloren und die Windows- Taste funktioniert nicht mehr. Alle Verknüpfungen in der Tastleiste sind weg. Neustart "Fatal Error" , blauer Bildschirm. Nochmals neu gestartet und Update deinstalliert. Keine Kacheln mehr, Taskleiste...