Windows 10: Problems installing Windows 10 from USB stick.

Discus and support Problems installing Windows 10 from USB stick. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I have built a desktop computer, and I am trying to install windows 10 on an M2 disk. I still have my system disk from the previous desktop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ole.tonnes.gmail.com, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Problems installing Windows 10 from USB stick.

Hello.

I have built a desktop computer, and I am trying to install windows 10 on an M2 disk. I still have my system disk from the previous desktop, but as that is an HDD, I want to get rid of it to reduce ambient noise from the computer.

I have created a windows 10 install USB with the relevant tool.

When I boot the usb in UEFI mode, I get a screen with the "classic windows blue/cyan/teal" colour, and it stops. It reboots if I press escape.

When I boot the usb in legacy mode I get a black error screen the classic boot problem screen, with

The Boot Configuration Dara for your PC is missing or contains errors.

File: \Boot\BCD

Error code: 0xc000014c

I have also tried downloading an ISO and flashing the USB with this, but I was unable to get the installer to work in this either.

As a last ditch effort, just to see if windows 10 will even start on the machine, I tried connecting the old system disk, and it booted!

So then I tried using the reinstall-app from inside the windows 10 running on the wrong disk, to see if I was able to change what disk is supposed to be the system disk, but I am not able to see that option anywhere, and I am also unable to find an "advanced mode" or anything similar in the installer-app.

Am I missing something?

:)

ole.tonnes.gmail.com, Aug 30, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Problems installing Windows 10 from USB stick.

Delta6326, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Problems installing Windows 10 from USB stick.

1. Problems installing Windows 10 from USB stick. - Similar Threads - Problems installing USB

2. Windows 10 Installation through USB Stick Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Installation through USB Stick Problem: Problem :1. I used Windows Installation Media to install Windows 10 using a USB Flash Drive in my Dell XPS 13 Laptop.Link 1: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows102. I removed all partions, formated them.3. Started installating4. After it prompted that it...
  3. Windows 10 Installation through USB Stick Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Installation through USB Stick Problem: Problem :1. I used Windows Installation Media to install Windows 10 using a USB Flash Drive in my Dell XPS 13 Laptop.Link 1: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows102. I removed all partions, formated them.3. Started installating4. After it prompted that it...
  4. Windows 10 Installation through USB Stick Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problem with USB sticks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with USB sticks: I have tried to format a USB stick. It finished formatting and was empty but the next time I looked I found a folder called SoundBlastBackup. I tried to delete it but its permissions were held by System and nothing I could would let me get at the object.I gave up with that...
  6. Problem with USB sticks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with USB sticks: I have tried to format a USB stick. It finished formatting and was empty but the next time I looked I found a folder called SoundBlastBackup. I tried to delete it but its permissions were held by System and nothing I could would let me get at the object.I gave up with that...
  7. Problem with USB sticks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. USB stick problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB stick problem: I am new to this so I will try to explain my problem as best as I can, I've been getting used to my new laptop that has windows 10 on it and so far I have been watching some movies a friend put on a USB stick and up until today it has worked but this morning I put the USB...
  9. Installing Windows 10 Pro from USB Stick version 1803 problem

Installing Windows 10 Pro from USB Stick version 1803 problem: Greeting people, I followed the instructions in this one, option 1: Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials I have tried 6 times, everytime only the Windows 10 home got installed not Windows 10 Pro. As of 11/03/2018, the only available...
  10. Installing Windows 10 Pro from USB Stick

Installing Windows 10 Pro from USB Stick: Hi, So, I can't find anything online about this, and I hope someone here can help! I'm building my own PC from scratch, and I want to install Windows 10 Pro, I bought the key and everything seemed OK. When I installed the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft...