Windows 10: Problems loading certain apps in Edge and Firefox after update Windows 10

Discus and support Problems loading certain apps in Edge and Firefox after update Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since a Windows 10 Update during December 2019, several applications do not open in Edge although they do still work in Google Chrome. I have a client... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MelVan Zyl, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Problems loading certain apps in Edge and Firefox after update Windows 10

Since a Windows 10 Update during December 2019, several applications do not open in Edge although they do still work in Google Chrome. I have a client who has expressed the following concern "

I started to encounter problems logging in my alumni mail box. The UNSW IT support staffer tried various ways to fix, but unsuccessful. Then he suggested I tried a different browser. I was able to log on via Goggle. He then said that there seemed to have been a Microsoft update in Nov, causing problems with some browsers, including Safari and now Edge." I also find programs I used to be able to use in Edge are only available when using Google Chrome. Please would you advise whether there are any settings in Edge that should be changed in order to correct this please?

:)

MelVan Zyl, Feb 25, 2020

2. Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Facebook will not load on Chrome or Firefox since last Windows 10 update

Since the last Windows update Facebook will not load on either Chrome or Firefox, but loads on Edge. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both and cleared cookies to no avail. the loading either times out or comes up with an error message. If I didn't
    know better (!) would think it was a cunning ploy to edge out other browsers. Any suggestions?

WendyJoint, Feb 25, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Problems loading certain apps in Edge and Firefox after update Windows 10

Mozilla Firefox 3 Updated to 3.0.1

Mozilla has released an update for their Firefox 3 web-browser. The update brings. Changes as condensed in the Release notes include:
    A list of security issues fixed is issued here.

Current Firefox 3 users will be automatically updated.

Source: Mozilla

btarunr, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Problems loading certain apps in Edge and Firefox after update Windows 10

1. Problems loading certain apps in Edge and Firefox after update Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problems loading certain

2. Images not loading in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Images not loading in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge [Fixed]: [ATTACH]If images are not loading in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge browser on your computer, here is how you can get rid of the problem. Several reasons can cause this issue, and this article explains almost all the possible solutions so that you can get...
  3. Problems with Apps not Loading after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with Apps not Loading after Windows 10 Update: I updated Windows 10. My system is running Version 2004 OS Build 19041.572. Not only are the apps not loading, including the Microsoft Store, but every time my computer restarts I loose ALL of my desktop shortcuts and taskbar icons. Every fix I've tried tells me to...
  4. Problems wth Chrom and FireFox but not with IE or Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems wth Chrom and FireFox but not with IE or Edge: Hi, I noticed that in 2018, the same problems were happening as well. I tried everything I read online and nothing worked. I even had Norton check for a virus. No virus found. I also believe Microsoft is the problem like the male stated in 2018. Perhaps I should go to...
  5. problems loading windows after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems loading windows after update: Hello, today I did an update of Windows 10. After that, I can't load windows anymore. I arrive to a blue screen with written "Choose your keyboard layout"". I can just select few options and once I select US I arrive to a new page with written "Choose an option". Ünder...
  6. Microsoft Edge Won't Load Certain Webpages

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge Won't Load Certain Webpages: I'm at my wit's end with this one. I had an employee tell me that they can't browse the internet anymore. I discovered that they can surf just fine in other browsers like Chrome. The problem is with Edge. If you go to websites like yahoo.com, it just sits there with a blank...
  7. Problem with Firefox update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Firefox update: I am unable to update Firefox on my computer. Please help....... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-firefox-update/2920b3d4-381d-43bc-925f-82afb6f86df3
  8. Windows 10 Apps not loading (Except Edge)

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Apps not loading (Except Edge): OK, so I can't open ANY apps that's from Windows 10, besides Edge. I'm referring to official 1st party apps, like Photos, Movies & TV, and The MICROSOFT STORE. It opens, but it then closes. Anyone got any Ideas, or am I screwed? THINGS I WILL NOT DO: Refresh My PC / Clean...
  9. Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox: On some sites, if I highlight or try to highlight something to either use Cortana to find or just copy, Edge will hang up and eventually I will get a message that "XX" site is not responding and ask me if I want to recover the page. I can go to the same site with Firefox...
  10. No sounds on certain apps after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sounds on certain apps after windows update: I got no sounds on a few apps like Autohotkey (SoundBeep for example), CheatEngine, PrtScr, and even Troubleshoot sound doesn't make any sound too. But all else work fine, like Google Chrome, Discord, Helium Music Manager, KMPlayer... Those apps sound fine before i...